Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Patrick

The Parking / Match Day Travel Thread

On 18 August 2016 at 2:29 PM, villagaz711 said:

I use the car park opposite the Aston Tavern. Costs £6 and is nice an close but you still have to pay £2 to get into the pub. Only drawback at using these car parks is, if like me you left when we went 0-6 down against Liverpool I was stuck in car park until the game finished as I was boxed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always bothered me that you have to pay for entry to a pub even when you pay to park there.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

On 9/4/2016 at 0:53 PM, Patrick said:

dorsets route is good for dorset man but not so good for cov 

yes thats right Patrick a bit of a longish weave to get to downtown Bedworth---- decided to give your routes a blast one sunday the other wednesday and will let you know, thanks again man,

Rich, i reckon a park on the same estate as you---but along the road next to the grass that runs parallel to the slip road, --as you say its a doddle then for exit 6 North or South,

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

On 4 September 2016 at 1:41 AM, JustRich said:

I usually Park on the estate just off the Aston expressway slip road, it's not often I can't get a space there. Straight down the M6 for me onto there, half hour, bish bash bosh. But with these closures...pain in the ass

That's where I park mate.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

4 hours ago, freddy said:

yes thats right Patrick a bit of a longish weave to get to downtown Bedworth---- decided to give your routes a blast one sunday the other wednesday and will let you know, thanks again man,

Rich, i reckon a park on the same estate as you---but along the road next to the grass that runs parallel to the slip road, --as you say its a doddle then for exit 6 North or South,

Ok Freddy , well now i know your in Nuneaton , your best bet is get on the M6 at junction 5 and leave at Juntion 3,, but dont even think about the aston expressway for the next 2 home matches ,,,,,your best bet is definitely the first one i posted ,,, park ten mins from Villa park  by thimble mill lane aston manor brewery for a quick getaway  , make your way to washwood heath road , then coleshill road  , past the hunters moon hungry horse and get on the M6 at junction 5  (avoid lichfield road after the match and  dont follow official diversion down spine road past fort shopping centre )

fliegetn0.gif

1 hour ago, Patrick said:

Ok Freddy , well now i know your in Nuneaton , your best bet is get on the M6 at junction 5 and leave at Juntion 3,, but dont even think about the aston expressway for the next 2 home matches ,,,,,your best bet is definitely the first one i posted ,,, park ten mins from Villa park  by thimble mill lane aston manor brewery for a quick getaway  , make your way to washwood heath road , then coleshill road  , past the hunters moon hungry horse and get on the M6 at junction 5  (avoid lichfield road after the match and  dont follow official diversion down spine road past fort shopping centre )

That's the way I went after the Huddersfield game then up to minworth onto a38 then toll road 

image.png

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

2 minutes ago, JustRich said:

Best place mate, usually get straight in and straight out no fuss

Vicarage road lol

image.png

Cheers Patrick i,m with you now---Hunters Moon used to go there many moons ago to watch tribute bands,--and came back that way may times after playing cricket i,m sure against Coleshill or Solihull and Shard End----

-----am i right to assume the Aston Expressway is ok to get into Aston?  it was v Huddersfield.-----that spine along the Fort was an absolute nightmare of nightmares---amazed there were,nt any bad accdents---like being in a dam bumping car where you were,nt trying to blinking bump!!!!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

8 hours ago, B6! said:

That's the way I went after the Huddersfield game then up to minworth onto a38 then toll road 

not being funny gaz but if you live in walsall wasn't you going in the opposite direction.  I think it would be much quicker to go the way I suggested to rich. 

A34 after the match,  left hand lane for A453 Sutton,  then bear left for the B4138 streetly, kingstanding road,  to the A452 Chester road to brownhills  high St.  , just before the high St you can do a left onto the 461 that takes you to junction 9 of M6  for walsall 

fliegetn0.gif

9 hours ago, freddy said:

Cheers Patrick i,m with you now---Hunters Moon used to go there many moons ago to watch tribute bands,--

-----am i right to assume the Aston Expressway is ok to get into Aston?  it was v Huddersfield.-----

yes Freddie,  I already seen some good tribute bands at  the hunters years ago  ,best I seen was    2 thin Lizzy ones limehouse  and dizzy Lizzy,  free at last for free   , and are you experienced for  Jimi Hendrick 

Yes Freddie  your fine for the expressway  when coming off the M6 before the match , but not in the other direction 

fliegetn0.gif