Jump to content

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Patrick

The Parking / Match Day Travel Thread

Recommended Posts

Looks like the Aston Expressway works have been extended!! utter chaos trying to get out of brum weekday afternoons! and will continue to affect matchdays


“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live to the South of VP, always have though admittedly a bit further South now but I still stick with my familiar route of up Bristol Road and through the Queensway and park for free on Wainwright Street by the Manor Tavern, a ten minute walk from the ground and after the game once back in the car it usually only takes 10 minutes to reach Dartmouth Circus and then I'm in the clear.

I'm planning on coming up to the Brentford game, my main concern is that I'll be hitting Oxford in the rush hour and am likely to be in a jam for the best part of an hour. Plus the now usual jams at Ringwood, Eastleigh and Winchester and a volume of traffic so great that it can at any point slow to a crawl. I'd catch a Train but the feckers are even more useless than the road network.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^^ might take a gander at your route Dorset, night time its blinking awful after the game!---will you be locating near Joe Boy and me? i tend to munch and drink in the concourse now--dont mind lining Dr Tony,s pocket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, freddy said:

^^^^ might take a gander at your route Dorset, night time its blinking awful after the game!---will you be locating near Joe Boy and me? i tend to munch and drink in the concourse now--dont mind lining Dr Tony,s pocket.

Yes Freddy I will be looking to book a seat by you and Joe.

I go through the Queensway, go past Edgbaston cricket ground and through Kings Heath to the M42 junction at Portway. I find that a clear run after a night game after the initial half mile or so it takes to get out of the after match traffic. I'd take a guess that once traffic is moving it takes about 20 minutes to reach the M42.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

16 hours ago, freddy said:

^^^^ might take a gander at your route Dorset, night time its blinking awful after the game!---will you be locating near Joe Boy and me? i tend to munch and drink in the concourse now--dont mind lining Dr Tony,s pocket.

dorsets route is good for dorset man but not so good for cov 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JustRich said:

I usually Park on the estate just off the Aston expressway slip road, it's not often I can't get a space there. Straight down the M6 for me onto there, half hour, bish bash bosh. But with these closures...pain in the ass

you might be better coming off at junction 7 Rich and parking just off the A34 in perry barr or trinity road area,,  and don't forget to give that route a try rich  to get home quicker ,only for next 2 home games , should be ok after that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dorset lion said:

Yes Freddy I will be looking to book a seat by you and Joe.

I go through the Queensway, go past Edgbaston cricket ground and through Kings Heath to the M42 junction at Portway. I find that a clear run after a night game after the initial half mile or so it takes to get out of the after match traffic. I'd take a guess that once traffic is moving it takes about 20 minutes to reach the M42.

 

thats alright dorset, , if you go to dorset via M40 /A34 , but if you want the M5 south you would be better off staying on the A38 after the queensway  to junction 4 of the M5  , 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Patrick said:

thats alright dorset, , if you go to dorset via M40 /A34 , but if you want the M5 south you would be better off staying on the A38 after the queensway  to junction 4 of the M5  , 

M40/A34 Pat, as the crow flies the M5 isn't too far and a brief look at a map makes it appear a viable alternative, but it takes about 2 hours to reach Bristol from here because its mostly slow roads that pass through every town and village along the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/09/2016 at 0:57 PM, Patrick said:

you might be better coming off at junction 7 Rich and parking just off the A34 in perry barr or trinity road area,,  and don't forget to give that route a try rich  to get home quicker ,only for next 2 home games , should be ok after that 

Will do mate I'll give it a blast against forest cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...