Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Patrick

The Parking / Match Day Travel Thread

Following recent posts about parking and travelling i have opened this for anyone to post where they park ,or how they get to Villa Park , Do you pay a fiver to park in a secure car park for peace of mind , and whats it like to get out of it , or are you a bit like me ,,,tight so park on the street for free  ,, where are the good spots , zeewulf mentioned a secure car park up long acre that he pays a fiver to park in  which is fair enough  and  not a bad spot if you live on the east side of Birmingham but there are plenty of alternative free parking spots near there .,, you dont tend to see you young locals on bikes so much these days who would ask for money and pretend to look after your car  i tend to use thimble mill lane or roads near the sacred heart that are just outside the residents parking scheme, As a Highways patrol police officer  i may also be able to give advice on routes home .On that note could Freddy and Rich let me know where they prefer to park please

fliegetn0.gif

Good news and bad news ,,,

,,,,first the good news , There will be no more full weekend closures of the Aston Expressway 

bad news , night time closures of the Aston expressway will continue until Christmas , and the slip roads from spaghetti junction that lead to the M6 will also be shut till Christmas

fliegetn0.gif

7 hours ago, Eastie said:

Lord help us - do you ride a chopper Patrick 

No thank you , I am not interested in riding your chopper

fliegetn0.gif

I use the car park opposite the Aston Tavern. Costs £6 and is nice an close but you still have to pay £2 to get into the pub. Only drawback at using these car parks is, if like me you left when we went 0-6 down against Liverpool I was stuck in car park until the game finished as I was boxed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, villagaz711 said:

I use the car park opposite the Aston Tavern. Costs £6 and is nice an close but you still have to pay £2 to get into the pub. Only drawback at using these car parks is, if like me you left when we went 0-6 down against Liverpool I was stuck in car park until the game finished as I was boxed in.

Thats right Gaz and if you stop till full time , how long does it take you to get from the car park to the king edward , 

I really do not think its worth parking so close to the ground , especially when you have to pay

fliegetn0.gif

I don't go that way, went once and took over 40 mins. I tend to go right then down past electric ave then cut past star city, through ward end. Quickest I've got home (Solihull) is 5:10pm on a Saturday. Normally home around 5:30 has been as late as 6:45 before.

3 minutes ago, villagaz711 said:

I don't go that way, went once and took over 40 mins. I tend to go right then down past electric ave then cut past star city, through ward end. Quickest I've got home (Solihull) is 5:10pm on a Saturday. Normally home around 5:30 has been as late as 6:45 before.

No way can you leave the ground at full time , walk to the car park and get to solihull for ten past 5 even if you got in a helicopter outside the holte end

fliegetn0.gif

I sh*t you not, on my kids lives. I was waiting at the steps, as soon as whistle I pegged it back to car which is was 3 min walk from ground (only reason as I got to car park at 2:57 so was one of the the last to park and I knew I was gonna be virtually first out) and I rang my Mrs from tesco sheldon which is 600 yards from my house at 5:10. That's the only occasion it's happened, normally I'm home around 5:30ish. Saturday I took the train and took forever, Tuesday I drove and hot home at 10:45pm. Swings and roundabouts is the saying.

2 minutes ago, villagaz711 said:

I sh*t you not, on my kids lives. I was waiting at the steps, as soon as whistle I pegged it back to car which is was 3 min walk from ground (only reason as I got to car park at 2:57 so was one of the the last to park and I knew I was gonna be virtually first out) and I rang my Mrs from tesco sheldon which is 600 yards from my house at 5:10. That's the only occasion it's happened, normally I'm home around 5:30ish. Saturday I took the train and took forever, Tuesday I drove and hot home at 10:45pm. Swings and roundabouts is the saying.

no way gaz , i used to live in ward end and it was at least a 15 minute drive from the ground even in the middle of the night with no traffic  , and then it would be another 20 to solihull

fliegetn0.gif