Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Larry-AV

Villa Park

2 hours ago, Patrick said:

We live in a city that is predominantly Asian /Muslim.

06/09/2017 : Have you been watching Fox 'News' again, Patrick ?!!!

AVFC RFC SAFC

1 hour ago, Larry-AV said:

06/09/2017 : Have you been watching Fox 'News' again, Patrick ?!!!

Thursday September  the 6th

No Larry , I never watch it 

fliegetn0.gif

10 hours ago, lifelongvilla said:

Crowds will come the more successful the club is, its fickle but that's the way the football world is. 

Whether we like it or not though Newcastle still attracted 50,000 in a city with half of the population in the Championship

8 hours ago, dorset lion said:

My way of viewing it is that the West Midlands and Greater Manchester have almost identical populations, they have 2 clubs with large fan bases, we have 4. Their 2 clubs are winning titles and competing in the CL, buying some of the worlds top players and between them pull in about 130k for home games. I don't need to tell anyone here about the state of our clubs and how we have all been in the doldrums for decades yet between us are still averaging about 100k a week, viewed like that is it really that poor ?

That is a great point and I have never really thought about it in that way.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

13 hours ago, avstu said:

Whether we like it or not though Newcastle still attracted 50,000 in a city with half of the population in the Championship

That is a great point and I have never really thought about it in that way.

Newcastle, a white working class city. look at other northern cities, those with a high Asian population don't attract high crowds.  Leicester has a huge asain population but you dont see thousands of them at the kingpower.  Like it or not, the majority do not like to mix.  

Newcastle are a 1 team city,if they had to share it with big local rivals theyd only attract 20-25k,...on the muslim subject ive seen a rise in glagow even my home town in schemes we have a lot of streets now in more working class area of Syrian & afghan refugees,women in hijabs,.i live in a big estate my street has 10 houses in it we have a polish women,catholic,muslim & sikh who is married to a white women lol quite multi cultural....also the eastern Europeans & muslim rise in Glasgow ive seen them making an appearance at Celtic Park as their local team now 

I reckon if villa where a top 4-6 team theyd attract a bigger crowd I think the support is there to easily fill a 50k stadium,Villa has probably the easiest location, bang in the middle of England in a big city easy to get too from all areas

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

Newcastle and the surrounding areas are very much white working class. Sunderland is about 15 miles away , but  apart from them they have a very large catchment area with no other substantial league clubs 

fliegetn0.gif

9 hours ago, Dimitri said:

I reckon if villa where a top 4-6 team theyd attract a bigger crowd I think the support is there to easily fill a 50k stadium,Villa has probably the easiest location, bang in the middle of England in a big city easy to get too from all areas

Our location could be a huge asset, it is also a bit of a disadvantage being halfway between London and the clubs in the Northwest as we get no end of glory hunters, factor in all the newcomers in Brum who tend to follow successful clubs if any at all and its a minor miracle that we can still pull in 30k.

Talk of 60 thousand is ridiculous ,,, If its not connected to the commonwealth games why don't they keep their traps shut.  We are 18th in the championship  , promotion is far from  likely  , and if we stay in this league crowds will surely drop to 25 thousand next season . So if funding from commonwealth  games pushes our capacity to 60 thousand its going to look pretty stupid considering our main song is empty seats my lord. They might as well close the Upper Holte as well as the upper Trinity. For Wyness to come out with it now is a joke , Reminiscent of what Tony Xia came out with last summer ,,saying we will be the biggest club in the world in 5 years time ,  What is he on ,  and where is the theme park at the back of the North Stand  i was looking forward to that.  ,,, At one of the away matches early last season i seen one prat with a big banner saying ' Just for one season we fancied a change '  ... FFS  , its no wonder Blues fans call us deluded. 

fliegetn0.gif

On 9/6/2017 at 6:10 PM, avstu said:

Few thousand Newcastle in the sold out away section at Swansea today , for a match live on TV,   6 hours there on the coach and 6 hours back if there are no delays on motorways , 700 mile round trip

fliegetn0.gif

That's brilliant for  the time of year   when many clubs suffer a drop in attendances. Plus it's live on TV  , another factor that often means a lower attendance.  Will Larry be making an appearance for this one. 

fliegetn0.gif