Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Larry-AV

Villa Park

Bought 3 tickets for the Burton game yesterday. Had to go upper trinity as all other areas of the ground sold out apart from the odd single seat here and there. 

fliegetn0.gif

Loved to have gone but with no transport being unavailable on boxing day... I'm sure it'll be be a cracking atmosphere though been ages since VP has been packed out.

10 hours ago, Theclaretblue said:

Loved to have gone but with no transport being unavailable on boxing day... I'm sure it'll be be a cracking atmosphere though been ages since VP has been packed out.

Where are you at mate?? 

Nice area , 5 minutes walk from Villa Park a 15 year old girl was raped at Witton Station a few evenings ago , then she flagged down a car for help by the Witton Arms and was raped again by a different man.. Police are looking for 2 young `asian` men 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-40739662

fliegetn0.gif

05/09/2017 : Interesting interview by AVFC CEO Keith Wyness today. What caught my attention is the plan (plans, actually) to increase the capacity of Villa Park to 60K. This though is dependent on AVFC returning to the EPL.

AVFC - The Big Interview: Wyness on the Villa Engine, Villa Park expansion plans and acquiring satellite clubs abroad

AVFC RFC SAFC

8 hours ago, Larry-AV said:

05/09/2017 : Interesting interview by AVFC CEO Keith Wyness today. What caught my attention is the plan (plans, actually) to increase the capacity of Villa Park to 60K. This though is dependent on AVFC returning to the EPL.

AVFC - The Big Interview: Wyness on the Villa Engine, Villa Park expansion plans and acquiring satellite clubs abroad

We asked for them to be more open and they certainly are. Was talking about the 60k issue yesterday with a friend and he said we won't fill it and it got us onto talking about how Birmingham alone has a 1.1mil population and then you have surrounding areas and we struggle to get 30k at the moment. For me, that in itself is so poor.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

1 hour ago, avstu said:

We asked for them to be more open and they certainly are. Was talking about the 60k issue yesterday with a friend and he said we won't fill it and it got us onto talking about how Birmingham alone has a 1.1mil population and then you have surrounding areas and we struggle to get 30k at the moment. For me, that in itself is so poor.

Crowds will come the more successful the club is, its fickle but that's the way the football world is. 

3 hours ago, avstu said:

My way of viewing it is that the West Midlands and Greater Manchester have almost identical populations, they have 2 clubs with large fan bases, we have 4. Their 2 clubs are winning titles and competing in the CL, buying some of the worlds top players and between them pull in about 130k for home games. I don't need to tell anyone here about the state of our clubs and how we have all been in the doldrums for decades yet between us are still averaging about 100k a week, viewed like that is it really that poor ?

No I think 30 thousand is good all things considering. I'm sure we would fill a 60 k Stadium if we were a top 4 or 6 club winning major honours , but can't see that happening in my lifetime. 

We live in a city that is predominantly Asian /Muslim. The vast majority of them that are  interested in football support man u or Liverpool , they have no interest in Aston Villa or attending matches. Yes I know we do get some down the villa but it's a tiny minority compared to the local population.  The club needs to do more to attract them, and  it would be great if we could attract more. 

fliegetn0.gif