FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The general discussion thread

Most of the US don't care about race? KKK ? you had segregation until the 60s. there is no figure in our history like martin luther king no rosa parkes. come on raymond you can't just say it does'nt exist. and i did'nt mention slavery, i'm talking about now. And what racism in english sport? your making sweeping accusation's but giving no examples.

Stereo-types exist because there is a certain truth behind it, so if you were to say a drunken loud mouthed yob was an english stereo-type, yes they exist in the same way a stereo-typical yank would be fat bigoted religious and stupid, and i know they exist.

as for piers morgan and simon cowell we sent them over 'cause we hate them as well so we've found something to agree on. :thumbsup:

I did not say it did not exist. I said it is widely overblown.

Examples. Neymar had a banana thrown at him like 4 months ago. It is why he is not playing for Chelsea. You just had essentially a race riot across your country. Come on. You are better than that.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good question. Not sure there's anything overly exciting I really want to do that I haven't done already, apart from marry you at the Addies and live happily ever after under the Holte, obviously...

I forgot to mention! After reading this post this afternoon I was in the garden and heard chickens in my neigbours garden. I pooped my head over the fence to see 6 chickens happily clucking around th

Is there anything those barbaric Kanajun colonist,webbed fingered,inbreds wont do to wash the seal blood off their hands?Still I suppose,once you bash the poor little seal buggers skulls in,what's lef

Again. Ignorance and arrogance. The US government, notably Michelle Obama, is taking the same type of steps.

This is turning into a chicken and egg argument. I say you embrace our culture because it is culturally significant. You way you accept ours because you are open-minded and not lazy.

To see who's culture is more influential, perhaps we should look at box offices receipts. Just in the UK if you would like. Wonder what that would look like?

I would like to make a point. I hate the US culture. It is painful to me that Lady Gaga and Jersey Shore is what we are shipping around the world. I would rather people think we are all fat, ignorant, racists than have anyone think I have anything in common with a human being that would allow herself to be called Snooki.

hahaha my missus is watching that jersey shore right now what a load of sh1te

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

Again. Ignorance and arrogance. The US government, notably Michelle Obama, is taking the same type of steps.

This is turning into a chicken and egg argument. I say you embrace our culture because it is culturally significant. You way you accept ours because you are open-minded and not lazy.

To see who's culture is more influential, perhaps we should look at box offices receipts. Just in the UK if you would like. Wonder what that would look like?

I would like to make a point. I hate the US culture. It is painful to me that Lady Gaga and Jersey Shore is what we are shipping around the world. I would rather people think we are all fat, ignorant, racists than have anyone think I have anything in common with a human being that would allow herself to be called Snooki.

Ok on the same argument let's look at music.

We ship out in the good old days beatles, rolling stones, pink floyd, hendrix (whether you like it or not although he was american he was rejected by america then he came to the uk and chas chandler made him famous) the who, black sabbath and many many more can't be bothered to go on.

Now you had a few influences in the day but nothing compared to us and anything of any worth was influenced by 1 or all of the fore mentioned. Now let's look into what you push out these days which is classed as popular culture well I'm not even gunna go into it you already know it's a load of rubbish that will be forgotten as fast as it came about.

Now some good stuff comes out of the us these days incubus foo fighter queens of the stone age and a few others but in the uk many of these bands go un heard of unless you are into good music but also these bands will be forgotten because they are hidden by the likes of beyonce and jay z and justin f'in bieber

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Examples. Neymar had a banana thrown at him like 4 months ago. It is why he is not playing for Chelsea. You just had essentially a race riot across your country. Come on. You are better than that.

See that's you believing the media the riots were nothing to do with race and everything to do with class and a generation feeling strangled by a government made up of privileged people who haven't a clue what it's like to live in the real world. But that's another topic.

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

Maybe this thread should be renamed?

usvsuk.jpg

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

Maybe this thread should be renamed?

usvsuk.jpg

LOL see loyal even arrogant in their sign making they're at home. I'd guess it was an american that made it us english wouldn't be so tacky LOL

controversial.png

YOU KNOW THE REST

I did say most American's are clueless. It was a few posts back so I will not rehash it.

Your last part actually proves my point well. Our culture is actually influential. That is why you understand our references. Your culture is not. That is why we don't. The bigger point is, even though our culture is actually influential, we understand that we are arrogant. Even though yours is not, you cant understand it.

I am a villa fan because I love sport, love football [i plan on calling it that from now on because I saw it pissed off Skyba on another thread], and there are no American teams to support. It is that simple. I am in the minority. Most people in my country do not even know what the premier league is, much less who Aston Villa is.

Now, that is slowly changing, but slowly is the key word.

you don't embrace anybody's culture, you're a school teacher and you can say that the english are'nt influential in the worlds culture? as you say we are a small country but the very fact we are having this debate in english on a site devoted to an english team kind of makes that point a bit daft mate. Everytime you speak, read or write it is in our language(unless your a french teacher). Yes your the usa, but if by culture you mean hollywood and macdonalds, i'm sorry but it don't count for much. Johnny cash sings a song called i've been everywhere, he then names all the places he's been all in the good 'ole us of a.nowhere outside it. That is the problem you think if it's not american it's unimportant.

It was a german that threw the banana, and them riots were nothing to do with race it was organised looting and if you look at the footage there were all races involved which i suppose is something to be proud of, mixed race riots how multicultural.