FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The general discussion thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good question. Not sure there's anything overly exciting I really want to do that I haven't done already, apart from marry you at the Addies and live happily ever after under the Holte, obviously...

I forgot to mention! After reading this post this afternoon I was in the garden and heard chickens in my neigbours garden. I pooped my head over the fence to see 6 chickens happily clucking around th

Is there anything those barbaric Kanajun colonist,webbed fingered,inbreds wont do to wash the seal blood off their hands?Still I suppose,once you bash the poor little seal buggers skulls in,what's lef

17 minutes ago, Peever said:

Thankfully not.  But I live on a small street with only 6 houses so yeah 

You don't tend to live so close out there though do you Peever unless you live in the heart of a City, My place is on an estate and the cul de sac I live down is circular. Just looked out my window to count how many Flats and houses there are in an area less than 100 yards across......56 and probably about 200 people living in them, and by English standards its not that cramped.

Noise and people who act like arseholes is a big problem when you all live so close together. Just in this little slice of England I could reel off a dozen different incidents over the last few months.

10 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

, My place is on an estate and the cul de sac I live down is circular. Just looked out my window to count how many Flats and houses there are in an area less than 100 yards across......56 and probably about 200 people living in them, and by English standards its not that cramped.

Noise and people who act like arseholes is a big problem when you all live so close together. Just in this little slice of England I could reel off a dozen different incidents over the last few months.

Sounds a bit rough in dorset ,, I live in a very posh area of Birmingham , I look out the window and only see trees , large semi detatched houses and our 4 cars on the drive  , We have no trouble with the neighbours and they dont have much trouble with me

fliegetn0.gif

Just now, Patrick said:

Sounds a bit rough in dorset ,, I live in a very posh area of Birmingham , I look out the windown and only see trees and large semi detatched houses and our 4 cars on the drive  , We have no trouble with the neighbours and they dont have much trouble with me

It ain't so bad, lots of mouth but most of 'em have never seen Axe's and Swords used in fights.

7 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Just wonder have any of you suffered from a bad neighbour? I have mentioned this before on site but thought I give an update to my own experience.

It is one of the worst types of torture you can suffer because if you are living on a party wall beside the culprit there is no escape other than to leave your home.

My neighbour who is from the travelling community with five children and with a troublesome history of social disturbance moved into the social housing property next door to me in 2008. Only weeks after she moved in the noise disturbances started which required continual Police attendance. I then had to suffer verbal abuse not only from the lady herself but from her young children and threats from her husband who shouldn't have been there due to the lady receiving benefits on the basis of living as a one parent family on her own.

These incidents escalated to the point were I received the threat 'you are going to get it and get it soon.' Two weeks later at 2.45am I had my front bay window smashed in. Police had previously been informed about the threat and indeed the lady admitted saying it but because there was no witnesses to the attack on my home no action was taken by either the Police or the local housing authority.

My home was attacked again two years ago in daylight with the lady's children firing a football by hand at my back window. This time I went out and confronted the whole family and told them what I would do if it happened again. I called Police who on arrival informed me that because I had confronted the children that the court would see me as the aggressor and probably dismiss the case.

However after seeking advice from my solicitor I started to record the noise and verbal abuse to the point were my solicitor then informed me I had enough evidence to take my neighbour to court through a civil action. Remember this lady was a social tenant but no matter how many complaints I made via correspondence to the social housing body they just didn't want to know.

So I took the social housing tenant to court twice and on both occasions based on the audio provided the court found in my favour granting injunctions against the social housing tenant. I had already given the same audio to the housing association before going to court and I subsequently gave them all paperwork from the court describing the injunctions granted hoping that since the tenant had been breaching the rules of her tenancy agreement they would move or evict her.

Unfortunately the housing association steadfastly refused to take any action maintaining that they couldn't apportion blame in this instance. This was despite all independent evidence proving that their tenant had breached practically every one of the housing association's anti-social behaviour rules and regulations.

I then contacted my local MP who after reading my file contacted the housing association and instructed them to move their tenant by whatever means possible. This request was again refused.

My initial reaction was then to instruct my solicitor to sue the housing association for not following their policies in this matter but before I could do that my solicitor informed me that I had to bring my case to the Northern Ireland Ombudsman for adjudication. Preliminary letters are now being sent to the Ombudsman and I have to wait until the Ombudsman decides whether the housing association has a case to answer to or not?

I am now eight years down the line with this and while I await the system to run it's course noise disturbances are continuing even though the judge gave my neighbour a final warning at our last court appearance.

Furthermore there is nothing worse than after experiencing all of the above that you then have to watch and hear the tenant making improvements to her house when you know she has been found guilty of harassing you and is continually getting away with it.

I've written this post not out of trying to gain site sympathy but really to warn anyone who may have the misfortune to suffer the same circumstances as myself that the current system is set-up to defend the perpetrator rather than the victim. I would not want to see anyone else go through the same amount of stress as you are dealing with it 24/7 and it does change your life for the worst.

Consequently if you ever get a bad neighbour then move!

No wonder you go to the cinema for a shag, all that noise must put you off your rhythm lol

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

my neighbour on the right is a good c**t an old fella friendly as f*ck,on the left of me a married couple him 51 her 40 with 3 kids noisy fuckers that bang shout etc ive nearly came to blows with the c**t & the mrs as had a few arguments,dirty lazy filthy bastards their gardens like a f**cking tip n death trap,the council do f*ck all

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

11 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

All I get to dip at the Pictures is my Nachos.

At least you don't have to be nice to them lol

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

6 hours ago, dorset lion said:

Unfortunately Morph the council will do very little about noise and harassment, I do know somebody who got her neighbours evicted because she pushed a verbal argument to the point that one of them assaulted her in front of witnesses, which is what she wanted because that got them evicted.

Arseholes get to carry on how they like, they have little to lose and don't have the brains to give a feck, the system is as likely to turn on you if you retaliate. You can act outside the law and be prepared to deal with any possible consequences or cut your losses and move, as hard as that would be to swallow.

Or have a bit of your own fun with them, if you share a wall then no doubt they have a window within a few feet of your property. You know people are forever leaving the little top window open and an unattended hosepipe can have a life of its own ( especially when its attached to a long stick ) and as you learnt with your smashed windows all you have to do is plead innocence and you haven't got a clue how their clothes on the line got covered in bleach, if her kids love football so much fill one with sand and hope the little b**tard kicks it before picking it up. I'm sure if you put your mind to it you could come up with all sorts to keep you amused, they needn't be a source of stress have some fun with the bastards.

Don't get mad, get even and if the fecker takes a pop at you, you've won.

Thanks dl for the advice which of course i'll take under consideration. I'm that far down the line of trying to use the system to my advantage and being a good little boy that I will await the outcome of the Ombudsman. However as you say there are other options to consider if I get no joy through the system and I will explore those when the time comes. It is dreadful however to have to even consider those when then it is such a cut and dried case but I guess that it the way society is going now.

There is another option. I could rent my property to a real hard ass who will not take what I have and will fight fire with fire. That would also give me an independant witness if my neighbour repeats what she and her family have been doing to me. The location of my property is good (very close to all amenities of my town and still quite sought after). Even if it wasn't people have great difficulty in getting mortgages now and any rentals in our town are usually snapped up pretty quickly so that may be an alternative for me if all else fails? 

• Upvote 1