FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The general discussion thread

staffie's a great dogs its a shame that they get a bad rep because of dodgy chav owners,any staffy ive met have been very freindly & protective

Bosco was a quality dog mate, loved me kids to bits, very loyal.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good question. Not sure there's anything overly exciting I really want to do that I haven't done already, apart from marry you at the Addies and live happily ever after under the Holte, obviously...

I forgot to mention! After reading this post this afternoon I was in the garden and heard chickens in my neigbours garden. I pooped my head over the fence to see 6 chickens happily clucking around th

Is there anything those barbaric Kanajun colonist,webbed fingered,inbreds wont do to wash the seal blood off their hands?Still I suppose,once you bash the poor little seal buggers skulls in,what's lef

Why are some people so cruel to animals? Being an animal lover myself just can't understand the mentality.

same reason people are cruel to people!!

just a lot of Bad Un's out there Pal!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

same reason people are cruel to people!!

just a lot of Bad Un's out there Pal!

Have to agree LV.

It saddens me greatly to see some of the morons out there and what they are capable of towards the human race and the animal kingdom. It doesn't take a lot to show a bit of kindness to both. I've two pedigree cats, a Siamese and a short haired Persian who are my best mates. Both sleep with me at night and if there's room so does my fiancée he, he.

Those people you refer to LV I wonder is that evil born with them or is it learned?

are you a veggie mate?

Due to the implications of that Dimitri that's an excellent question. Sadly I have to admit I readily eat all kinds of meat so although I class myself as an animal lover maybe I'm part of the problem?

You don't have to be a vegetarian to love animals or be concerned about animal cruelty. For hundreds of years certain animals have been bred for food and many of these are overpopulated as well. ,Here many people hunt for deer in the fall. A very overpopulated animal. But it's regulated well so of the population of that particular type of deer drops, they ban the hunting of it. It's the needless killing or harming of animals that I don't like. I don't want to really bring up a discussion about it again, but the killing of Cecil the lion is a good example. Or the black rhino which is now extinct. You don't kill those for food. It's needless and is more for a competition of ball size. At my mom's I have two dogs. One of which is a pitbull. The pitbull is being banned in most places here now for their aggressive behaviour. This particular breed is prominent in dog fighting which is absolutely disgusting. Poor human judgement using animals is what I have a problem with.

You don't have to be a vegetarian to love animals or be concerned about animal cruelty. For hundreds of years certain animals have been bred for food and many of these are overpopulated as well. ,Here many people hunt for deer in the fall. A very overpopulated animal. But it's regulated well so of the population of that particular type of deer drops, they ban the hunting of it. It's the needless killing or harming of animals that I don't like. I don't want to really bring up a discussion about it again, but the killing of Cecil the lion is a good example. Or the black rhino which is now extinct. You don't kill those for food. It's needless and is more for a competition of ball size. At my mom's
I have two dogs. One of which is a pitbull. The pitbull is being banned in most places here now for their aggressive behaviour. This particular breed is prominent in dog fighting which is absolutely disgusting. Poor human judgement using animals is what I have a problem with.

My wife and i love PitBulls they are a loving loyal dog that got manipulated by humans because of their very high prey drive and extremely high pain threshold. Not a lot of people know that they were once the face of recruitment for WW1, PitBulls served alongside GI'S and a pitfall became the most decorated dog in history his name was Sgt Stubby . We opted for American Bulldogs but found that they got just a bad a rep generally from nieve small minded people who heard the words American and Bull in the same sentence. Only have one now and a french Mastiff but would not change her for the world. Humans manipulate human society and the animal Kingdom alike.

By the way a few years back the PitBull was reintroduced to the Netherlands as a loving loyal dog that would suit middle-aged People, mainly women believe it or not in a attempt to put off the little chavs that ruin this brave loyal breed.

Edited by MadMax71

I could never be a veggie for a couple reasons, one Bacon, two Bacon, Three Bacon and curry.  

That being said I do believe how we go about raising our animals is wrong and very cruel.  But at the same time whats the alternative?  Its been proven time and again that in order to raise enough animals for us to eat natural grass grazing is not feasible.  So what do you do?  

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

meetmember.png          member.png

You don't have to be a vegetarian to love animals or be concerned about animal cruelty. For hundreds of years certain animals have been bred for food and many of these are overpopulated as well. ,Here many people hunt for deer in the fall. A very overpopulated animal. But it's regulated well so of the population of that particular type of deer drops, they ban the hunting of it. It's the needless killing or harming of animals that I don't like. I don't want to really bring up a discussion about it again, but the killing of Cecil the lion is a good example. Or the black rhino which is now extinct. You don't kill those for food. It's needless and is more for a competition of ball size. At my mom's
I have two dogs. One of which is a pitbull. The pitbull is being banned in most places here now for their aggressive behaviour. This particular breed is prominent in dog fighting which is absolutely disgusting. Poor human judgement using animals is what I have a problem with.

My wife and i love PitBulls they are a loving loyal dog that got manipulated by humans because of their very high prey drive and extremely high pain threshold. Not a lot of people know that they were once the face of recruitment for WW1, PitBulls served alongside GI'S and a pitfall became the most decorated dog in history his name was Sgt Stubby . We opted for American Bulldogs but found that they got just a bad a rep generally from nieve small minded people who heard the words American and Bull in the same sentence. Only have one now and a french Mastiff but would not change her for the world. Humans manipulate human society and the animal Kingdom alike.

By the way a few years back the PitBull was reintroduced to the Netherlands as a loving loyal dog that would suit middle-aged People, mainly women believe it or not in a attempt to put off the little chavs that ruin this brave loyal breed.

most of the time people don't understand what it takes to raise these dogs properly. They don't educate themselves properly or receive the appropriate resources. And the dogs don't get the attention and training needed to be a well mannered dog. It's not a breed problem, it's an owner problem. My mom's pitbull is outstanding. She is so friendly and more stupid than she is vicious haha. She rarely barks and stops when you tell her to. My aunts chihuahua is more dangerous than the pitbull. People are trying to get rid of the ban in the city but as of now it's still in effect. Only in Winnipeg though. Mom lives in a different town in the province which is why she can continue to have the pitbull. Unlike Ontario where the entire province has a pitbull ban. I always say it's "dog racism".