FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The general discussion thread

The Lunar Eclipse {28/09/2015} was well worth watching and I had a good and comfortable view, from the front bedroom !

There is light pollution here in Birmingham and eclipses are the only astronomical events that can be seen (clouds permitting) clearly.

My timings (in GMT) were :
First contact with the Earth's shadow about 01:00,
Full eclipse started 02:10,
First light, coming out of the eclipse 03:23
... I did not wait for the Moon to emerge totally from the shadow.

AVFC RFC SAFC

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good question. Not sure there's anything overly exciting I really want to do that I haven't done already, apart from marry you at the Addies and live happily ever after under the Holte, obviously...

I forgot to mention! After reading this post this afternoon I was in the garden and heard chickens in my neigbours garden. I pooped my head over the fence to see 6 chickens happily clucking around th

Is there anything those barbaric Kanajun colonist,webbed fingered,inbreds wont do to wash the seal blood off their hands?Still I suppose,once you bash the poor little seal buggers skulls in,what's lef

The Lunar Eclipse {28/09/2015} was well worth watching and I had a good and comfortable view, from the front bedroom !

There is light pollution here in Birmingham and eclipses are the only astronomical events that can be seen (clouds permitting) clearly.

My timings (in GMT) were :

First contact with the Earth's shadow about 01:00,

Full eclipse started 02:10,

First light, coming out of the eclipse 03:23

... I did not wait for the Moon to emerge totally from the shadow.

i had a look at the moon in the back garden at 2 am and seen nothing worth getting excited about so went to bed

fliegetn0.gif

Thought Saltcoats was an absolute shithole but after spending a night in their hole of a polis staion ( July ) doesnt seem so bad after all

Right , Ayrshire bhoy, how many times u been in? lol

a good few :whistle only been in saltcoats cells once since they knocked down irvine jail cells lol,last time i got lifted i spent most the evening in london rd cells up parkhead ,btw what ye get lifted for?,..i quite like saltcoats its cheap n tacky some decent boozers also looking at half the cunts there makes me feel good lol,...loved my ol metro days :beer

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

Why are some people so cruel to animals? Being an animal lover myself just can't understand the mentality.

I will be honest - My view on animals changed when I met my wife. She (like yourself) is an animal lover.

She often says that animals have feelings but not a voice and also asks why people can be so cruel to an animal.

You could call my a hypocrite though. I am no vegetarian and if i didn't eat meat I would probably die because I don't each much else.

I also dont get why you can eat cows and sheeps etc but not a horse? Whats the difference?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I will be honest - My view on animals changed when I met my wife. She (like yourself) is an animal lover.

She often says that animals have feelings but not a voice and also asks why people can be so cruel to an animal.

You could call my a hypocrite though. I am no vegetarian and if i didn't eat meat I would probably die because I don't each much else.

I also dont get why you can eat cows and sheeps etc but not a horse? Whats the difference?

On that basis why don't we eat cats and dogs

fliegetn0.gif

On that basis why don't we eat cats and dogs

Its a good point - but because i base them as pets. Same reason why i wouldnt eat a parrot, hamster etc.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Not much meat on parrots and hamsters

I am sure, if people wanted, they would make a use for them to eat.

Mellberg_Signature.png