FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Tony Xia: Who is our new chairman?

avstu

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

Seems recon are saying xia is in the process of acquiring the other 4 companies and it's not yet finalised. 

Could dr xia just the public face and frontman with the Chinese government providing the financial clout behind it? 

Back to the Reuters page, that says he's starting 3 or 4 new subsidiaries. Possibly another miscommunication? starting not buying? The money he's investing in them is small, compared to buying Villa, only 1-5 Million. I really don't know what to make of this guy, it seemed great to start but now all I see is a big pile of questions. Maybe I'm my view is coloured by the bad experiences of Brum, Citeh and Cardiff with Asian owners.

I'm wondering about him being the public face of the Chinese government too, it seems a viable explanation but does anyone know if they use this method to invest abroad or do they have official investment companies set up like the Qutaris?

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Eastie said:

Seems recon are saying xia is in the process of acquiring the other 4 companies and it's not yet finalised. 

Could dr xia just the public face and frontman with the Chinese government providing the financial clout behind it? 

Love the Avatar mate. Dr Who indeed. :clap

9 minutes ago, richrvillian said:

Back to the Reuters page, that says he's starting 3 or 4 new subsidiaries. Possibly another miscommunication? starting not buying? The money he's investing in them is small, compared to buying Villa, only 1-5 Million. I really don't know what to make of this guy, it seemed great to start but now all I see is a big pile of questions. Maybe I'm my view is coloured by the bad experiences of Brum, Citeh and Cardiff with Asian owners.

I'm wondering about him being the public face of the Chinese government too, it seems a viable explanation but does anyone know if they use this method to invest abroad or do they have official investment companies set up like the Qutaris?

Did you see him in the interview rich , It looked like he was making things up on the spot , and anything but the public face of the Chinese goverment

fliegetn0.gif

It appears there has been a lot of bullshit floating about this past few days, problem is being a liar will not stop him passing a fit and proper persons test as the Italian at Leeds is a convicted fraudster.

We will have to see what unfolds in the coming days, I suspect the media will be digging for a story if there is one.

5 hours ago, Eastie said:
1 hour ago, dorset lion said:

It appears there has been a lot of bullshit floating about this past few days, problem is being a liar will not stop him passing a fit and proper persons test as the Italian at Leeds is a convicted fraudster.

We will have to see what unfolds in the coming days, I suspect the media will be digging for a story if there is one.

They usually hold the really big stories for the sunday papers so tomorrow might be very interesting

You don't get rich doing acts f goodness being especially at 39. Maybe someone have him a small lend like of a million as Donald trump puts it so mildly. 

Lerner is gone Dr x is here. If he sells coke or is mates of wolverine I couldn't care less. Just give the fans what they have have been starved of on and off the pitch which is positive entertainment.

To all you folk that renewed, let the good times roll

newcomer.png

Did any other wealthy owner in the Premiership or elsewhere have to put up with this much scrutiny in the press and then having to disclose their finances to justify their integrity? Seems a bit surreal to me at the moment but hopefully everything will be ok.  

Archived