FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Tony Xia: Who is our new chairman?

avstu

All this information that has come to light in the MSM and online will be known (by now, if not before), by those charged with conducting the 'fit and proper person' and other tests. We have to trust that the investigations are carried out thoroughly and if Dr Xia is found to not be a fit and proper person, then this sale will be off.

Steve Hollis will have to try again.

AVFC RFC SAFC

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Larry-AV said:

All this information that has come to light in the MSM and online will be known (by now, if not before), by those charged with conducting the 'fit and proper person' and other tests. We have to trust that the investigations are carried out thoroughly and if Dr Xia is found to not be a fit and proper person, then this sale will be off.

Steve Hollis will have to try again.

yes Larry , thank god all these doubts about doctor tony / recon / lotus  have surfaced before the owners and directors test , and not after

(fit and proper is premier league only as far as i can make out )

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/appendix3.aspx

fliegetn0.gif

All new owners under go scrutiny, the reporter that made the story imo is just trying to get a sensational story out there!

We we see i guess

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

41 minutes ago, Loyalvillan said:

All new owners under go scrutiny, the reporter that made the story imo is just trying to get a sensational story out there!

Yes they do , and normally its just a formality that doesnt make the news , But there is a lot that doesnt add up here , like at first he owned 5 companies when its turning out its only the one called lotus who make massive losses plus some claim about building a stadium called bird which apparently is bullshit. 

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/9969d8b0-1e63-11e6-b286-cddde55ca122.html#axzz49DTLyb8q

Last week it came out that  the future new owners wanted roberto de mateo as manager and not pearson or moyes ,  immediately i thought cheaper option , they have just about enough cash to buy the club and nothing else ,  then thursday doctor tony  comes out with the we are going to spend 30 , 40 , or 50 million on players ,even thought it woudnt be allowed because of FFP  but the money it turns out would have come from selling the name of villa park.

I hope and pray all is above board and dr xias talk is not bullshit , but as i posted earlier i am just pleased  that all this has come out now before the good and proper / owner and director tests and not after , . I hope the tests are extremely thorough this time , and  i hope they pass them ,,but not by scraping through

fliegetn0.gif

He surely must have seen the club statement on him before it was released and must have known if bullshit that it would soon be outed - have we another Michael Knighton here?

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

10 hours ago, Patrick said:

yes Larry , thank god all these doubts about doctor tony / recon / lotus  have surfaced before the owners and directors test , and not after

(fit and proper is premier league only as far as i can make out )

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/appendix3.aspx

Looking at that page it seems you have to have a conviction for fraud or other business issues, or have had problems with sporting bodies, i'm assuming bribery, endemic doping etc,  to fail the 'fit and proper' test. Dr Tony doesn't seem to have any of these problems so there doesn't seem to be any reason he would fail, it does however look like he doesn't have the financial muscle that he initially claimed to have.

I'm getting worried.

16 minutes ago, richrvillian said:

Looking at that page it seems you have to have a conviction for fraud or other business issues, or have had problems with sporting bodies, i'm assuming bribery, endemic doping etc,  to fail the 'fit and proper' test. Dr Tony doesn't seem to have any of these problems so there doesn't seem to be any reason he would fail, it does however look like he doesn't have the financial muscle that he initially claimed to have.

I'm getting worried.

I don't think he has to prove how much his real wealth is as long as he can cover the cost of the deal and stipulations agreed with Lerner and it seems that was checked earlier .

There seems some differences in hollis comments to the actual facts regarding xia but he may well have connections higher up in government and his finger in other pies - nothing I've seen or heard so far to suggest that he would fail the test .

maybe a wise man to hide his real personal wealth which is his own business and not ours - time will tell but if this fell through we would have to go back to other scorned bidders and be fucked for next season as that would take time - I'm hopeful this is a case of press digging up dirt and hollis making assumptions rather than xia lying .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

Seems recon are saying xia is in the process of acquiring the other 4 companies and it's not yet finalised. 

Could dr xia just the public face and frontman with the Chinese government providing the financial clout behind it? 

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

Can't do much but wait and see what unfolds , papers will write anything to fill pages especially now prem league is finished and euros is not started

Archived