FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Tony Xia: Who is our new chairman?

avstu

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The European  Champions League draw has just taken place.  Someone tweeted Tony to say,,

''only 5 more years and Villa will be in that draw ''

His reply 

fliegetn0.gif

23 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Yeah I know mate. Blooming idiots!! :biggrin:

yeah,  my concerns were more with his choice of board members,  but I don't care who else is on the board now,  Dr Tony is becoming a dream owner. 

fliegetn0.gif

24 minutes ago, Patrick said:

yeah,  my concerns were more with his choice of board members,  but I don't care who else is on the board now,  Dr Tony is becoming a dream owner. 

Agree mate but to be fair most of us were secretly concerned :whistle. Has however exceeded all expectations so far and long may that continue. 

many of thr concerns over Xia becoming owner of Villa raised their head when the buyout took a significant period of time, it was confirmed by Keith Wyness that the rumours the press were reporting were leaked to the press by other groups looking at Villa and trying to cause issues/concerns.

Tony Xia has thus far exceeded my expectations as patriarch of Aston Villa!! from his investment and support of the manager to repairing the damage done by the non communication by his predecessor!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

Mr Xia is doing what he said he would. He obviously wants to be part of AV and that can only be good for everyone. It's still in the early days of our building process and I hope people still support him if we have some hiccups along the way. UTV and thank you Mr Xia.

image.jpg

3 hours ago, Perth Villan said:

Mr Xia is doing what he said he would. He obviously wants to be part of AV and that can only be good for everyone. It's still in the early days of our building process and I hope people still support him if we have some hiccups along the way. UTV and thank you Mr Xia.

Yes its been a great transfer window 30 odd million spent so far soon to be over 40  when our new centre forward arrives, , Thank you Dr Tony

Compare that with West Brom , They also had new Chinese owners last month , They have also received 100 million pounds in Sky tv money ,,, we didn't get that.   So far with only 7 days left of the transfer window  they have spent NOTHING , in fact by selling James Chester to us they are actually in profit with transfers this summer, He has settled in straight away  and is forming a good partnership with Elphick ,  I cant believe pullis let him go ,,, I reckon if pullis is not allowed to spend big money next week , he will walk , he might as well , most west brom fans seem to want him out anyway

fliegetn0.gif

I liked Xia immediately, he comes across well, but that did not mean I wasn't sceptical....something I made quite clear in this thread.....much of that initial scepticism has now gone because so far he has done as much as we could expect and possibly more than many of us hoped for.

I am not ready to do cartwheels just yet, its early days and we have been here before. Did we not all think Lerner was a great owner ? Only time will tell us if he is the genuine article and by that I mean a man that will do everything in his power to do right by this club.

Archived