Jump to content
FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Tony Xia: Who is our new chairman?


avstu

Recommended Posts

Check this out for a more optimistic look;

Those that like money may be interested to know how other Chinese owners are doing things right now.

The owner of Guangzhou Evergrande the Evergrande Group bought them for £5 million 5 years ago when they were in the 2nd division, invested over £1 billion in two seasons. They got promoted, won the Super League, the Asian Champions League. 5 years on they have won 5 domestic titles and 2 Asian titles. 

SIPG who own Shanghai SIPG are on a similar course they are trying to buy the league. They are having to buy the league even more aggressively thanks to teams like Guangzhou Evergrande. That said it means they are signing players on £350,000 a week wages, they have the pick of anyone they like at this point with that kind of money on the table. 

Chances are Xia has similar plans he just may be a little more hamstrung by FFP so obviously no £1 billion spends in transfer windows, but it seems the President of China not only pays out big grants to companies buying up football teams but it's a way to get into his parliament which seems to grant them immunity from any wrongdoing if things go wrong while he's still in charge. There is a lot at play in China.. Xia likely has our best interests at heart, he's likely going to spend a lot of money so that our success is almost guaranteed but the end goal for Xia is likely greater business success and a closer relationship with the head honcho of China. 

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy to see the people of China take us to their hearts as Thais have with Leicester - I am surrounded by Chinese students in my area as they go to Warwick university in their droves - I look forward to seeing them in villa shirts if they dare .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Get on that tour young butler and send us photos back ;) 

I'll be on the look out. I met Lerner a few years back because I was a mascot on his first home game as owner (vs Charlton, I went out with Sorensen and the c*** ignored me), so I'd love to be the first ordinary Villa fan to have met them both :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ButlerAVFC said:

I'll be on the look out. I met Lerner a few years back because I was a mascot on his first home game as owner (vs Charlton, I went out with Sorensen and the c*** ignored me), so I'd love to be the first ordinary Villa fan to have met them both :lol:

Make sure your gf is in the photos you take :biggrin:

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

Check this out for a more optimistic look;

Those that like money may be interested to know how other Chinese owners are doing things right now.

The owner of Guangzhou Evergrande the Evergrande Group bought them for £5 million 5 years ago when they were in the 2nd division, invested over £1 billion in two seasons. They got promoted, won the Super League, the Asian Champions League. 5 years on they have won 5 domestic titles and 2 Asian titles. 

SIPG who own Shanghai SIPG are on a similar course they are trying to buy the league. They are having to buy the league even more aggressively thanks to teams like Guangzhou Evergrande. That said it means they are signing players on £350,000 a week wages, they have the pick of anyone they like at this point with that kind of money on the table. 

Chances are Xia has similar plans he just may be a little more hamstrung by FFP so obviously no £1 billion spends in transfer windows, but it seems the President of China not only pays out big grants to companies buying up football teams but it's a way to get into his parliament which seems to grant them immunity from any wrongdoing if things go wrong while he's still in charge. There is a lot at play in China.. Xia likely has our best interests at heart, he's likely going to spend a lot of money so that our success is almost guaranteed but the end goal for Xia is likely greater business success and a closer relationship with the head honcho of China. 

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

We've got more money than Man City , they wont be able to compete with us

fliegetn0.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I'm happy to see the people of China take us to their hearts as Thais have with Leicester - I am surrounded by Chinese students in my area as they go to Warwick university in their droves - I look forward to seeing them in villa shirts if they dare .

they've got a takeaway by us

fliegetn0.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...