FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Tony Xia: Who is our new chairman?

avstu

Aston Villa have been sold to Chinese businessman Tony Xia and the Villa faithful are both excited and optimistic about what the future holds.

Here is the lowdown on the man that Randy Lerner has passed on the ownership of the club to.

His Recon Group is a privately owned holding company that owns the controlling interest in five publicly listed companies on the Hong Kong and Chinese stock exchanges and many other private companies employing 35,000 people in 75 countries.

Recon Group is a multinational conglomerate operating in six core business sectors and has taken advantage of China's economic growth over the last two decades as the Government has carried out a programme of moving 500 million people from rural to urban living.

Recon Group has been at the forefront of this giant urbanisation development and holds an estimated 40% market share of the Digital City business sector. The six core business sectors include IT Infrastructure and Services for Smart Cities, Health & Agriculture, New Energy & Smart Transportation, Engineering & Design, Recon Capital including financial services and Sports, Leisure & Tourism. Lotus Health Group, part of the Health and Agriculture Division, is listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange and is the largest glutamic company in China and the second largest in the world with 12,000 employees, 10,000 distributors in China and 40,000 worldwide in 70 countries. Dr. Tony Jiantong Xia is the Chairman/CEO and owner of Recon Group.

Education

"After graduation in China, he was amongst the initial 25 highly rated graduates out of 1,000 sent to study overseas," according to the Villa website. "He spent six years at Harvard and MIT including five months exchange with Oxford University before returning to China to develop Recon Group."

Football fan

He played as a striker until he finished at college and football has remained his passion. Dr Xia decided to buy an iconic football club in England as the cornerstone of his Sports, Leisure and Tourism Division. He became a fan of Aston Villa many years ago and is delighted at the opportunity to become the new owner.

His ambitions Dr Xia's immediate objective is to return Aston Villa to the Premier League and then to have the Club finish in the top six, bringing European football back to Villa Park. He plans to make Aston Villa the most famous football club in China with a huge fan base.

He plans to improve the squad

Randy Lerner said of his intentions; "His commitment to invest in the squad, and leadership at Bodymoor Heath was expressed early on but as we visited together, and had some unrushed time to discuss his plans, Tony's excitement to develop Villa Park shone through.

"I remain convinced that this is a crucial part of the Club's future as it provides a critical, long-term second source of revenue and therefore sustainability for the Club from which squad-funding can potentially come. "It is with that that I want to say thank you, and to wish Tony every success going forward. "

Source: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-dr-tony-xia-lowdown-11353864

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, avstu said:

Education

"After graduation in China, he was amongst the initial 25 highly rated graduates out of 1,000 sent to study overseas," according to the Villa website. "He spent six years at Harvard and MIT including five months exchange with Oxford University before returning to China to develop Recon Group."

Paddy Reilly's stats department will all have twitchy sphincters! I'd love to see how many holes Xia can pick in Reilly's statistical model.

Remember when Carson young took over at blues,  It was just before the January window , he said the manager will have 64 million pounds to spend on players this window,  and plenty more in the summer. It never materialised because he was just a chancer,  a hairdresser and a money launderer. This bloke Dr Tony has an excellent record as a businessman and I believe will put real money into the club and squad to get us promoted so  we can progress from there. He can make himself and the club a fortune by selling AVFC the brand across China and the Far East. The potential is massive , I am  sure Tony himself knows,  promotion back to the Premier League at the first attempt is vital to all this so he will make sure we get there 

fliegetn0.gif

7 minutes ago, Patrick said:

Remember when Carson young took over at blues,  It was just before the January window , he said the manager will have 64 million pounds to spend on players this window,  and plenty more in the summer. It never materialised because he was just a chancer,  a hairdresser and a money launderer. This bloke Dr Tony has an excellent record as a businessman and I believe will put real money into the club and squad to get us promoted so  we can progress from there. He can make himself and the club a fortune by selling AVFC the brand across China and the Far East. The potential is massive , I am  sure Tony himself knows,  promotion back to the Premier League at the first attempt is vital to all this so he will make sure we get there 

agreed with this

30 minutes ago, Patrick said:

i just dont see it with Di-matteo as manager.

The thing is the only way you can realistically make money from a football club is to increase its value and sell it. The only way to increase the value is success on the pitch. Xia is more than clever enough to know that. So even if he is only in it to make money, we should enjoy success along the way.

2 hours ago, villagaz711 said:

i just dont see it with Di-matteo as manager.

They want matteo as the face of Aston Villa Gaz,  because he has get a  face that  looks a bit Chinese , where as Pearson and the others haven't got that. 

fliegetn0.gif

1 hour ago, Patrick said:

They want matteo as the face of Aston Villa Gaz,  because he has get a  face that  looks a bit Chinese , where as Pearson and the others haven't got that. 

you are :drunk

Get well soon Petrov
1 hour ago, lukedaw said:

you are :drunk

cheers  :beer  and well done luke and the worlds greatest team  on pipping me for the title of Avillafan Champion Fantasy Football League Manager of 2015/16

fliegetn0.gif

Archived