FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Leicester City. 2015/16 Premier League Champions

Loyalvillan

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Ah I see Eastie. Still trying to slaughter any poster who has a different opinion to your own.:lol:

Again to suit your own opinion you ignore how they struggled for the best part of last season and were everyone's picks to go down. We gained 15th place under Lambert on two occasions yet you slaughtered him for it but it's acceptable for Pearson to do it.:lol:

The Leicester owner was so delighted with Pearson's results and how he conducted himself that he sacked him. Come to think of it haven't heard anyone trying to employ Pearson since Leicester sacked him unless you and Pat want to head his fan club? 

Sounds very similar to David Moyes inheriting a PL winning team, 12 points over their nearest rivals and managing to finish the following season 22 points behind that same team and 6 places lower. He got sacked for his efforts!!!

That would be a very narrow minded view if I took it. Similar to your narrow minded view on Pearson's time at Leicester.  

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Hmmm Pearson achieved great results did he. Thats strange mate because the last time I looked Leicester spend most of last season at the bottom end of the table until they put that run together. Thats a pretty hard thing to do getting great results when at the bottom end of the table and everyone's pick to go down. I seem to remember one or two on here stating that Leicester would go down as well.

Your comments on Ranieri mirrors my own so no argument there. Where we differ is in the ability of Pearson. Records show that under him Leicester struggled for most of the season finishing 14TH. Under Ranieri the following season they have won the league using the same players. That is a stark improvement in anyone's book and I tend to believe that improvement was down to Ranieri who is vastly experienced and has coached at the highest level. 

Finally couldn't care less Eastie whether you respect me or not. Its the internet and forums are there for one to voice their opinion so not everyone is going to agree with you. If you can't accept that then you are continually going to blow a head gasket on here. :calmdown   

Not really mate , I'll just choose to use the ignore function as that's why it's there and saves me the bother - I don't mind you having an opinion but you challenge others repeatedly when you disagree but seems you cannot handle being challenged yourself - you are clearly in the massive minority here based on results - Leicester had just been promoted under Pearson , the aim was to survive and they finished 14th .

villahad been in this division 25 yrs and finished 15th under Lambert so your point is ridiculous but I will not be rude or nasty mate - it's time to use the button but I do wish you well - cannot be bothered to argue anymore .

your  slaughter comment  being the final straw - I've been there for you when nobody else has in times of trouble mate and helped you - that comment has opened my eyes big time .

My aim is to enjoy the site and the people on here - good day to you Morpheus .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

9 hours ago, lifelongvilla said:

Sounds very similar to David Moyes inheriting a PL winning team, 12 points over their nearest rivals and managing to finish the following season 22 points behind that same team and 6 places lower. He got sacked for his efforts!!!

That would be a very narrow minded view if I took it. Similar to your narrow minded view on Pearson's time at Leicester.  

Yup in total agreement with the first part of your post but was it not a widely held view that whoever replaced Ferguson would have a very difficult time of it at Man U? Secondly was it not a widely held view amongst pundits and fans alike that Fergie left a deteriorating squad which needed a massive overhaul and Moyes wasn't given a lot of time to do that? Lastly Gigs also struggled as manager there and so has Van Haal after already spending a lot of money. Granted Moyes also struggled at Real Sociedad but there have been very few British managers recently who have been successful abroad.

Concerning your accusation of being narrow minded, em, take a look at all the recent Villa forum poles on who the fans want as our next manager. If i'm being narrow minded then most of the fan base could be accused of that as well and there plainly is a reason why Pearson has been unemployed since Leicester.

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

Not really mate , I'll just choose to use the ignore function as that's why it's there and saves me the bother - I don't mind you having an opinion but you challenge others repeatedly when you disagree but seems you cannot handle being challenged yourself - you are clearly in the massive minority here based on results - Leicester had just been promoted under Pearson , the aim was to survive and they finished 14th .

villahad been in this division 25 yrs and finished 15th under Lambert so your point is ridiculous but I will not be rude or nasty mate - it's time to use the button but I do wish you well - cannot be bothered to argue anymore .

your  slaughter comment  being the final straw - I've been there for you when nobody else has in times of trouble mate and helped you - that comment has opened my eyes big time .

My aim is to enjoy the site and the people on here - good day to you Morpheus .

Eastie. You are best of the lot on here at playing the victim. When someone disagrees with one of your posts you go off in a tangent taking the whole point of debate in a different direction when you can't answer questions directly or you'll start degrading the poster through sarcasm rather than just debating the point hence my 'slaughter' comment. Then you either state that you're leaving the site or putting the other poster involved on ignore (see above) when the said poster replies in kind. No one else does that here and others have commented on that.

I enjoy posters engaging me and whilst i may be in the minority on my opinion of Pearson, nonconformity doesn't always mean that you're wrong (see my posts on Lambert, Sherwood and Wilkins) or right (see my posts on relegation). My previous posts on Pearson have been consistent putting my point forward without continually throwing the rattle out of the pram at the first sign of someone disagreeing with me and really mate that is something you seemingly struggle with on a forum.

Lastly as you know PMs stand for personal so lets keep it at that please.

The big tests now , or next season are

can they hang on to the likes of vardy , mahrez and kante

and will they have the squad to compete in Europe and the premier league

but for now , just enjoy it Leicester

fliegetn0.gif

I wonder with Leicester's win and the Sky money kicking in will that end the monoply of the usual top four for the foreseeable future? If it does then that would be great for football in this country.

3 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

I wonder with Leicester's win and the Sky money kicking in will that end the monoply of the usual top four for the foreseeable future? If it does then that would be great for football in this country.

It certainly would

fliegetn0.gif

4 hours ago, Patrick said:

The big tests now , or next season are

can they hang on to the likes of vardy , mahrez and kante

and will they have the squad to compete in Europe and the premier league

but for now , just enjoy it Leicester

Think they will struggle to hold onto those 3 mate and schmeichel too  but they will make huge money from the champions league and winning this title and have shown they have an astute eye for a bargain - a very well run club as are Southampton and it gives hope to many more .

Good to see and great for English football and the Midlands too

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

Archived