FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Morpheus

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

My understanding is that previous managers while maybe not identifying those players signed were given the final say on whether or not they came .

must admit I am very surprised Reilly Is still at the club and would hope a new manager quickly gets rid of him .

Is it also your understanding that when previous managers did identify players they wanted to sign , Reilly said no

fliegetn0.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Patrick said:

Is it also your understanding that when previous managers did identify players they wanted to sign , Reilly said no

You old rascal - it is indeed in most cases .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

It is rumoured that when Garde put forward the players he wanted Riley stated he approached those players who informed Riley that they didn't want to come to us. When Garde then checked with those players they informed Garde that the club hadn't approached them, hench the total breakdown in the relationship between Garde and Riley.

10 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

It is rumoured that when Garde put forward the players he wanted Riley stated he approached those players who informed Riley that they didn't want to come to us. When Garde then checked with those players they informed Garde that the club hadn't approached them, hench the total breakdown in the relationship between Garde and Riley.

it was also rumoured that sherwood wanted andros townsend who has been doing well for newcastle recently 

fliegetn0.gif

55 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Astonishing that we spend £55m last summer and are 51 points behind a team that cost approx £25m in total .

That's the problem though, we tried to buy a team instead of build one. I voiced my concerns last summer about the amount of arrivals...many foreign...and the difficulty in making a team from them. A lack of talent is not the biggest problem but a lack of cohesion.

If come the summer we ship out a dozen players and bring in a dozen more then chances are we will struggle again. Whoever the new manager is he needs to identify how best to improve us as a team without immediate wholesale change in personnel.

I guess a lot depends on who goes in the summer but with 3 or 4 of the right additions we could have a team that comes straight back up....a GK, a central midfielder who can create and score and a winger capable of supplying a quality cross and I think we will do ok........if the manager can get them to gel as a team.

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Burnley bought wisely with gray , Lowton and Barton 

That's my point Eastie, identify how to get maximum improvement from minimum change. We have not been getting stuffed out of sight all season, we are a poor team but how many times have people on here said as individuals we are as strong as most in the bottom half of the table.

• avstu pinned this topic
  • avstu unpinned this topic

Archived