FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Morpheus

8 hours ago, Eastie said:

Being honest looking at that list there's not to many players who I'd want, most are seriously over the hill and those that aren't will probably be staying in the Premiership.

Darron Gibson might be worth a punt, he's been out with a string of injuries for a couple of seasons. not very exciting but might drop a level to rebuild his career and has something to prove. 

Leon Osman would add some experience to midfield and always puts in a shift

Steven Taylor is a bit of a nob end but he's probably better than most of what we have and not as big a nob as Lescott or Richards

Joey O'Brien has been injury plagued over the last few years but he can play either side of defence and I seem to remember him as a DM too, reckon he'll go to Sunderland if Big Sam stays as seems to have a really good relationship with him.

They players I'd prefer to see at VP, Carroll, Arteta, Mariappa, Pienaar, Tetty, O'Neil or Morrison, I just can't see coming.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JoshtheJournalist said:

Hi guys, i'm an aspiring journalist and have wrote a piece about a couple of Villa players that could leave in teh summer. I would really appreciate your feedback and your views,  https://joshgreeney.wordpress.com/2016/05/01/three-big-players-that-could-leave-villa-park/

Cheers, :)

Hi mate , not too fussed who leaves if the money is right , ayew is a decent player but I expect him to want to go , okore is ok but not too worried if he wants out and wesrpteood although reliable and hardworking I worry may be too lightweight in the championship - all out Crown Jewels are gone now .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

22 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Lerner is our manager mate. :lol:

With the club up for sale managerless and in reported takeover talks it's highly unlikely we will be spending money on the likes of Ross McCormack - didn't he cost £11m last year? 

Im not worried about such speculation until a new manager is in place - the club appear to be in limbo at the moment and the sooner there is clarification on a sale and new manager the better - bernsteins comments suggested a new manager was top priority after garde left but maybe he was unaware of lerners sale negotiations ? 

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

14 minutes ago, Eastie said:

With the club up for sale managerless and in reported takeover talks it's highly unlikely we will be spending money on the likes of Ross McCormack - didn't he cost £11m last year? 

Im not worried about such speculation until a new manager is in place - the club appear to be in limbo at the moment and the sooner there is clarification on a sale and new manager the better - bernsteins comments suggested a new manager was top priority after garde left but maybe he was unaware of lerners sale negotiations ? 

were our last few managers allowed to choose what players we buy

maybe reilly will use the moneyball system over the next few months until new owners and new manager is sorted 

and maybe even continue to use it after that

fliegetn0.gif

21 minutes ago, Patrick said:

were our last few managers allowed to choose what players we buy

maybe reilly will use the moneyball system over the next few months until new owners and new manager is sorted 

and maybe even continue to use it after that

My understanding is that previous managers while maybe not identifying those players signed were given the final say on whether or not they came .

must admit I am very surprised Reilly Is still at the club and would hope a new manager quickly gets rid of him .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

• avstu pinned this topic
  • avstu unpinned this topic

Archived