FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Morpheus

I think purchasing someone like Dwight Gayle who isn't getting a game at Palace would be more than a reasonable acquisition for the Championship. I'd also like to see a new keeper coming in ( Guzan as number 2) with a goal scoring midfielder, physical holding midfielder and a wide midfielder who has good delivery into the box to supply Gestede if he stays with us. A new RB is also a must.

Definate outs for me would be Gabby, Bunn, N'Zogbia ( contract ending anyway), Richards, Bacuna, Lescott, Richardson, Hutton, Sinclair, and Sanchez with at least four of the U21s promoted to the first team squad.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only players I'd keep would be;

Bunn,

Richards (needs to be right back),

Clark,

Okore,

Bennett (back from his loan),

Gardner (back from his loan also), 

Verretout, 

Gana,

Grealish,

Adama,

Ayew.

The rest can go as far as I'm concerned. Obviously keeping all the under 21 players. 

I'd be looking at players like Zach Clough, Josh Vela, Nathan Redmond (if Norwich get relegated), Dwight Gayle, Tyrone Mings. Need to get back to basics. Proper wingers.  A couple of forwards. Plenty of pace and strong at the back. 

mzjj.jpg

I would get rid of most the squad as it is their faults for why we are in this mess. I would look at few players from Belgium league still likes of preat and okaka?

But agree with the likes of gayle and redmond. 

• 1 month later...

Just read on another forum Tom Carroll at Spurs out of contract in the summer. Along with Nick Powell (free), Daniel Bentley at Southend (keeper) and maybe James Morrison, these should be the type of signings we should be looking to make when the summer window opens. Not a lot of money and would be good players at Championship level!

Unfortunate though that we don't yet have a manager in place to make those type of signings or indeed an owner that gives a sh*t.  

On 22 March 2016 at 0:40 PM, AscottJ1987 said:

I would get rid of most the squad as it is their faults for why we are in this mess. I would look at few players from Belgium league still likes of preat and okaka?

But agree with the likes of gayle and redmond. 

I'd prefer British players who know the league .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

9 hours ago, Eastie said:

I'm with you Eastie. There has to be good British players out there. Pity we don't have a good recruitment team that would know where they are lol

image.jpg

18 hours ago, Eastie said:

Yeh i totally agree but you look at talent from england compared to most other countries and we are well behind plus it cost more for english talent.

1 hour ago, AscottJ1987 said:

Yeh i totally agree but you look at talent from england compared to most other countries and we are well behind plus it cost more for english talent.

This is the big problem with English talent, anyone who knows how to kick a ball wants 20k a week and most are technically not great.

1 hour ago, richrvillian said:

This is the big problem with English talent, anyone who knows how to kick a ball wants 20k a week and most are technically not great.

Maybe we should look at the French 2nd division for players

fliegetn0.gif

• avstu pinned this topic
  • avstu unpinned this topic

Archived