FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The Next Manager

Patrick

Ok i know Remi is still in office , but its obvious  he will be gone shortly after the season finishes  by walking out or by mutual agreement , but who would you have next season as manager. Forget Pearson and Moyes , they are looking for Premier League jobs. The Birmingham Mail are reporting tonight that AVFC want Steve Bruce as manager with Petrov given a coaching role. Well if Hull go up we can forget that.   Here are my suggestions , Simon Grayson , Billy Davies and Paul Clement. Who would you have ?

fliegetn0.gif

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i still feel i cant judge remi on his performance as manager. yes the results and the subs have been nuts. theres also a lot going on at board level that isnt doing the club any favours... remi is a proven manager with a squad not willing to fight, thats the way i see it. 

with no money in the winter window, it really showed the level of desire from the club. if we sell up, best half of these players in the summer and remi is able to bring in players he feels will do the job, i will be happy to give him time.

i feel that sherwood left remi 2 forks, and asked him to cut a steak. i may be wrong in all this, but i just want to believe that for once, without the restraints, our manager might just prove the many of us wrong next season

newcomer.png

Someone with a fire in his belly,and is able to motivate the sad sorry bunch that remain and won t be dictated to by any player cliques!but who is around in the mould of the late Brian Clough or Shanks?

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Well the Team aren't interested, the board won't back anyone.  But hey lets change the manager yet again and everything will be fine ....... NOT !!

45 minutes ago, Zeewulf said:

Well the Team aren't interested, the board won't back anyone.  But hey lets change the manager yet again and everything will be fine ....... NOT !!

Well we can't change the owner... This squad may not be premier league quality regardless of manager but there are certain managers that can get teams to over perform. Garde is clearly not one of them and he clearly doesn't inspire any confidence in the useless players under him. 

4 hours ago, Patrick said:

Ok i know Remi is still in office , but its obvious  he will be gone shortly after the season finishes  by walking out or by mutual agreement , but who would you have next season as manager. Forget Pearson and Moyes , they are looking for Premier League jobs. The Birmingham Mail are reporting tonight that AVFC want Steve Bruce as manager with Petrov given a coaching role. Well if Hull go up we can forget that.   Here are my suggestions , Simon Grayson , Billy Davies and Paul Clement. Who would you have ?

Agree with your decisions but not too sure about Paul Clement. Why did he get the push from Derby? 

image.jpg

14 minutes ago, Perth Villan said:

Agree with your decisions but not too sure about Paul Clement. Why did he get the push from Derby? 

because the chairman said derby were not playing the derby way under him , nothing to do with results , anyway its only a suggestion , not a decision , whats yours , would you have an ex Blues manager like Bruce , Rowett or Chris Houghton 

fliegetn0.gif

I think Pearson would jump at the chance of managing villa if given control of transfers and scouting staff - I'd take rowett but not sure about Bruce .

I think moyes will go to Newcastle and Rodgers will hold out for a premier club - there seems a lot of talk pulis will walk out at west brom in the summer due to the fans treatment of him - would you be interested in him pat ? 

The pulis style of football is truly sh*t and it's a no from me .

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

7 hours ago, Karl said:

Well we can't change the owner... This squad may not be premier league quality regardless of manager but there are certain managers that can get teams to over perform. Garde is clearly not one of them and he clearly doesn't inspire any confidence in the useless players under him. 

Agreed - not a chance of him being here next season in my view and rightly so 

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

No to Pulis, his football is horrible. Pearson obviously did some good things at Leicester for them to be in the position to push on to the heights they're hitting now, I just struggle to try and forget that the guy is an absolute lunatic! Those sorts of managers are generally good short term and I think it's time we looked to long term planning. Paul Clement is an interesting suggestion, had Derby going nicely, had to have learnt plenty off Ancellotti and has experience in both the championship and with elite players. I just wonder what the real reasons for him being moved on are?

• B6! locked this topic

Archived