Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Patrick

The Holiday / Short Break thread

1 minute ago, CornyAVFC said:

course you didn't lol, yea its a city id like to go to sometime

I swear mate,didnt have enough cash only beer token:whistle(joking btw) a fella from west Belfast called conor I met just off the reeperbahn went in,tut tut typical Belfast lad:whistle

me the mrs n kids fancy either prague & Budapest,looking likely prague so far somewhere different just a long weekend instead of busy hol resorts we usually go to,like blackpool,salou or euro Disney but don't think I could handle queues n these johnny foreigners that skip them,i tend to get a bit aggravated when it happens n let them know especially euro Disney,ive turned into a bit of a weirdo & reclue the past year or so,went to the isle of arran last yr which I enjoyed very peacefull n relaxing

I went to Chester at the weekend with the wife, very nice it was to !

16 minutes ago, B6! said:

Thinking of packing the car up and me and the wife just going on a tour of England ( mainly the North ) and going where ever takes our fancy and just stay in one spot for a night or two. The sort of places you wouldn't normally go, Chester is one place to visit along with Lincoln, York, Durham and maybe visit a few places in the Dales and visit the Yorkshire coast.

Going to have to do my homework and plan a rough itinerary, day trips are all well and good but I like to spend a night or two in a town and enjoy the nightlife.

3 minutes ago, dorset lion said:

Thinking of packing the car up and me and the wife just going on a tour of England ( mainly the North ) and going where ever takes our fancy and just stay in one spot for a night or two. The sort of places you wouldn't normally go, Chester is one place to visit along with Lincoln, York, Durham and maybe visit a few places in the Dales and visit the Yorkshire coast.

Going to have to do my homework and plan a rough itinerary, day trips are all well and good but I like to spend a night or two in a town and enjoy the nightlife.

up Northern England eh,...youll love blackpool

5 minutes ago, Dimitri said:

up Northern England eh,...youll love blackpool

I have never been, and have no intention of starting now mate. Really not to my taste.

I like to spend the day taking in local history and beauty spots and the evening in a lively proper boozer with live music.

2 hours ago, Dimitri said:

have only ever been up north to hamburg

yes I was in Hamburg for 2 weeks in 1981, we used to put 5p coins in the fag machines cos they was the same size as the Marc. The 5p's also worked in the peep shows down the reeperbahn , also down there I paid for a shag in the Eros centre  and only got a w*nk.  

1 hour ago, B6! said:

only time I went to Chester was the league cup semi in 74/75. They was in div 4 and it was 2~2 , we finished them off in the 2nd leg 

1 hour ago, dorset lion said:

Thinking of packing the car up and me and the wife just going on a tour of England ( mainly the North ) and going where ever takes our fancy and just stay in one spot for a night or two. The sort of places you wouldn't normally go, Chester is one place to visit along with Lincoln, York, 

me and the Mrs have done York and Lincoln  recently . both have loads of good pubs in york we walked around the city wall  , done the dungeons and Viking centre but not the cathedral. In Lincoln we walked up the steep hill, looked at the cathedral and went in the castle and the prison. 

20 hours ago, Patrick said:

going berlin for few days in April , staying near checkpoint charlie , anyone been there

Went quite a few years ago. Hop on, hop off bus is handy. 

Going again on April 6th for a few days and looking forward to it. 

16 minutes ago, AnneMc said:

Went quite a few years ago. Hop on, hop off bus is handy. 

Going again on April 6th for a few days and looking forward to it. 

yeah my Mrs has suggested the hop on hop off bus as we liked that in  Dublin last year. I want to see checkpoint Charlie  , brandenburg gate , what's left of the wall and a concentration camp or museum  about how they killed the jews . Small world we arrive early April 4 and leave late April 7. I like the German fast food like friekadellas or curryworst with chips. at night we will be in Irish bars drinking German lager. 

7 hours ago, Patrick said:

yeah my Mrs has suggested the hop on hop off bus as we liked that in  Dublin last year. I want to see checkpoint Charlie  , brandenburg gate , what's left of the wall and a concentration camp or museum  about how they killed the jews . Small world we arrive early April 4 and leave late April 7. I like the German fast food like friekadellas or curryworst with chips. at night we will be in Irish bars drinking German lager. 

Pat - I will only be in Dublin a day - do you recommend the tour bus as best to see the city ?

6 hours ago, Patrick said:

Enjoy.

Got my dates wrong: we are going on Tuesday 5th until Thursday 7th. 

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Pat - I will only be in Dublin a day - do you recommend the tour bus as best to see the city ?

I have told you ten times already  and will not be repeating myself again 

OK get the green hop on hop off open top bus with commentary from o Connell street by the GPO and the spire..get off and back on for kilmainham gaol , Guinness factory or loads of other places 

Just had a few days away over the Easter break at a place called Moogerah Dam.  By day we ski, wakeboard, wakesurf and the kids ride on tubes etc and by night we play cards and drink cans...tough life!

12931248_10154063835999158_2736135907672   942597_10206622520141876_66702115784212112376688_10206622554062724_2839073003326

Well, I was half asleep and took us to Potsdam today instead of Potsdamer Platz.

We were quite a way from Berlin and it didn't go down too well at first but it turned out to be a happy accident, as it's a beautiful city. Really enjoyed it.