Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Whos been our best signing?

milner, cuellar(prob) best signings, not seen enough of sidwell yet, but just keeping barry is the best bit of business of all. not dissapointed in anyone really just think some need more time to settle in. :rolleyes:

well i think the best signing may well turn out to be cuellar.i think once hes settled in to this epl he will be a more than adequate replacement for mellberg.i can see him forming a solid partnership with curtis davies for years to come. i am slightly disaponted with shorey but i agree once hes settled in he will be fine and once bouma is back we wont need shorey anyway.he will prvide good competition for bouma then.

I would have said Brad Freidel, but I've been dissapointed (after 3 games albeit).

Milner's signing addressed the biggest need other than a steady right back.

In the end though, I believe it will be Cuellar. He'll make better players of both Davies and Laurson.

Best signings for me Milner or Friedel, both very much needed.

Most disappointing is Shorey so far.

I think Cuellar could turn out to be our best

bestmember.gif

EuropaLeague.png

Who has impressed you the most so far and why?

I can't really say. The team is still learning to play alongsdide each other. If I had to choose, I would say Milner did alright when he came on as a sub against Liverpool.

Which signing has dissapointed you and why?

Nicky Shorey has not got off to the greatest of starts. Lets hope he is just taking time to settle in.

Who will be the best signing and why?

Cuellar or Milner. Cuellar even though he hasn't played for us yet seems to be quite a solid defender, while Milner has filled the space on the right side of midfield that we desperately needed.

Guest B90villa

Milner best signing. My preferred right midfielder and at one point I thought O'Neill was going to miss out big time. Make no mistake, he will be a fantastic addition.

Worst probably Shorey. Doesn't look as solid as Bouma and personally I think Bouma links up a lot better with Young than Shorey has done so far.

However I believe all our signings will prove to be good ones once they have gelled in to the team.

I feel that O'Neill has missed out on Ashton though.

Who has impressed you the most so far and why?

have to be Luke Young so far,looks solid and willing to get forward.

Which signing has dissapointed you and why?

Nicky Shorey,looks bit out of place,give him time and im sure he'l be a good signing.

Who will be the best signing and why?

I think Steve Sidwell will prove the best signing when he is fully fit,quality footballer