FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Whos been our best signing?

avstu

Weve had 8 new faces..

Who has impressed you the most so far and why?

Which signing has dissapointed you and why?

Who will be the best signing and why?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

id probly say young tbh, looks solid and as if he has been in the side for years.

im not a big fan of shorey and looks a little light wieght, people get passed him a little too easy for my likeing and also passing could be better imo.

milner, him and young will terrorise alot of defences this season.

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

Milner my best signing - great to see him back. Will be very interesting to see him and Ashley Young attacking the wings.

Shorey hasn't really settled yet and seems a little off the pace. Bouma is being sorely missed - just shows how immense he has become.

if we're counting him... i'm most impressed with curtis davies so far :) although, i was most impressed at the signing of milner, i'm yet to see him play really, as he's only had half an hour against liverpool. give him a few full matches though and he could be impressive!

Once again i'm going to have to say shorey... not a bad player by any means, but i think he needs to work on consistency. Once he gets regular football under his belt, i'm sure he'll become more consistent and fit into the team better, and become a much better player. I'd still play bouma over him any day though

torn between two here... milner, for obvious reasons... he's world class!!

or Cuellar, yet to play in claret and blue, but from what i've seen of him at rangers, a solid reliable defender. one question though... will he automatically get a place in the starting line up? and if so who will be sacrificed in order for him to play?

sorry for babbling on lol but yea... there's my opinion on our signings!

Villasig1copy.jpg

I am hoping Cuellar will be one of our best signings. We need to strengthen our defense and I hope he is the player to help us do this (when he finally plays).

Milner so far is the transfer I am most happy about. I'm excited about seeing our wingers rip teams apart! He will be worth the money!!!

Would have to say Luke Young, hes defernatly looks solid. Like someone said so has Curtis Davis but i have come to expect that from him now.

Nickey Shorey but give him time and im sure he will fit in. I think its a case of him getting used to our style of play, he didnt get in the england setup before for nothing.

I believe Milner will be our best signing. Just the thought of him and Young down the wings..

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Definitely Luke Young for me, he has come in to the club & just got on with his job as if he has been in the team for years

So far it is Nicky Shorey but on sunday he showed signs that he is settling in more

I think it will be Cuellar, i think he will bring the solidity that our defence needs

avfc.jpg

Luke Young. Didn't think he would be a good signing but looks good!

Non of them can really do us wrong as they have added to our small squad. Unfortunately the manager is the one who has not done his job and strengthened in numbers. He has let the fans down. Maloney going and no replacement and no centre forward coming in which will cost us dearly. We are weak up front as it showed on Sunday and have no flare at all!

Cuellar or Milner!

I'd have to sayLuke Young and Milner. I wasnt expecting much from Luke when he joined, but he has been suprisingly good so far. As for Milner, well, only 30mins of a match and he's impressed a lot of people so far.

Cant really say any one has disappointed me so far, but i would have to agree with a lot of people on here: Shorey. Maybe because he has come into a role with more responsibility. With Reading, the rest of the team made him look good, but with us, he's not shining as much as he can be. Yes, he's Prem proven, and played for England, so its just a case of let him get used to our style, and he'll come good.

Hopefully, with any luck, it will be Cuellar. From what i've heard, he was a solid player at Rangers. A lot of Rangers fans were pissed when he left, so he must be good. People may say he can cope in the SPL because its nothing like the EPL, but he was also solid, and played a big part in getting Rangers to the UEFA Cup final.

Young.png

Archived