FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The Rémi Garde Thread

avstu

i feel so sorry for garde, couldn't get in the coaches he wanted, didn't have a full pre season and couldn't even sign one player! Also joined a club with no confidence after losing 8 of the 1st 10 games, i would keep him personal but i get why people want him gone. 

Get well soon Petrov
  • Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, lukedaw said:

i feel so sorry for garde, couldn't get in the coaches he wanted, didn't have a full pre season and couldn't even sign one player! Also joined a club with no confidence after losing 8 of the 1st 10 games, i would keep him personal but i get why people want him gone. 

Agree with this, if you think of the things a manager has to face when joining a club Remi has pretty much had them all.... 

Club bottom of the ladder and already gone through the 'easier' part of the draw so about to play the big guys

Playing unit devoid of confidence

Takeover the position without the opportunity to have a pre season so have to assess squad on the run

Unable to bring in his own team

Not backed with any funds to change personnel

Senior players that don't want to lead the way by busting their arse

Pretty poor squad put together on a shoestring and with no real depth

I also understand why people want him out but I genuinely believe with funds to mould the squad, a pre season to work with them and a cleanout of the lazy bastards he has managerial ability.  

I have to say that I feel really bad for garde. He came in and was given a terrible situation and not given anything to help fix it. I will be shocked if he is still with the club next season. At this point, I'm not entirely sure why he would want to be with the club next season. In addition, I can't blame him for walking out on the press conference the other day. One can only be asked the same question so many times before you give up and say that's enough. It will sure be interesting to see what happens. As long as something happens..

6 hours ago, Klein said:

I have to say that I feel really bad for garde. He came in and was given a terrible situation and not given anything to help fix it. I will be shocked if he is still with the club next season. At this point, I'm not entirely sure why he would want to be with the club next season. In addition, I can't blame him for walking out on the press conference the other day. One can only be asked the same question so many times before you give up and say that's enough. It will sure be interesting to see what happens. As long as something happens..

I have sympathy for garde and think he may be a decent manager elsewhere and a steady hand as he was at Lyon but I don't see him as the man to get us out of the championship and have doubts about his ability to motivate as well as his team selections and tactics - the football has been dire to watch and too much like lambert for me - all this passing around the back creating f*ck all and scoring hardly ever is not for me - no idea why gabby played at city and v Everton when we tried to put crosses in which were made for gestede

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I have sympathy for garde and think he may be a decent manager elsewhere and a steady hand as he was at Lyon but I don't see him as the man to get us out of the championship and have doubts about his ability to motivate as well as his team selections and tactics - the football has been dire to watch and too much like lambert for me - all this passing around the back creating f*ck all and scoring hardly ever is not for me - no idea why gabby played at city and v Everton when we tried to put crosses in which were made for gestede

I literally could not agree with you more.. There is only so much he can do with what he has and it's quite sad actually. I'm not convinced either that he can get us out of the championship or motivate the team enough. For a couple weeks it seemed like we were doing a bit better, creating more chances and defending well, but I honestly think that the Ayew suspension hurt us. Since that, we've fallen back into a slump and just can't attack. I've lost all hope for this season and hope that we can bounce back after a season in the championship, but I'm not entirely sure what will help that to happen. 

The people I feel sorry for are the fans and the normal people who work for Aston villa.

the fans have suffered enough, still we go every week even though we know that bunch of useless cnuts are not fit to wear our shirt.

Garde ? Why would you feel sorry for him ? He gets paid a fortune to put a team out that tries to win football matches and guess what ? He fails !

Staff at villa park have been told they will get a wage cut IF we go down ! IF ? FFS no wonder were in a mess.

At man city Saturday, wear are singing how sh*t must you be the scousers scored six !!!

I am not going on Sunday as I can't be arsed, away days are for getting pissed with your mates and getting away from the wife lol, home games are just embarrassing, f*ck em they are a disgrace.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

26 minutes ago, B6! said:

The people I feel sorry for are the fans and the normal people who work for Aston villa.

the fans have suffered enough, still we go every week even though we know that bunch of useless cnuts are not fit to wear our shirt.

Garde ? Why would you feel sorry for him ? He gets paid a fortune to put a team out that tries to win football matches and guess what ? He fails !

Staff at villa park have been told they will get a wage cut IF we go down ! IF ? FFS no wonder were in a mess.

At man city Saturday, wear are singing how sh*t must you be the scousers scored six !!!

I am not going on Sunday as I can't be arsed, away days are for getting pissed with your mates and getting away from the wife lol, home games are just embarrassing, f*ck em they are a disgrace.

Very good points. I guess I never really think about the wage in all honesty. It's all around a terrible situation. No he isn't doing the job he's supposed to but neither are anyone else. I feel terrible for the fans who do go every week just to be disappointed again and again. I don't blame you for not planning to go Sunday. 

10 hours ago, B6! said:

+1 Gaz

Just don't know when i fancy VP this season

Might do the Bournmouth game

but whats the point?

Archived