FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The Rémi Garde Thread

avstu

2 hours ago, lifelongvilla said:

We're set up to keep the score down because we lack the fire power to out score the opposition. My 8 yr old son worked that out.

Since you hold your son's opinion in such high esteem maybe it has escaped him that we've conceded 15 in the last four games which would suggest that tactic isn't exactly working. If you had read it properly that was the whole point of my post.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Hollis was really serious about getting the club back on track, he would sack RG and appoint Pearson until the end of the season with a view that Pearson could either stay or leave when we are relegated. That way we can see his intentions in the final few games left. We need to make the decision now and not leave it till the last bloody minute as per usual. For once I would like us to appoint someone who will stand up to the useless wankers we call a team. Some of you may not like Pearson but I think he would at least get something out of some of them. Admittedly, most of them are pretty crap, but I think one or two could become good championship players with the correct coach/manager. Also, I think Pearson could attract some quality championship players to VP.

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Zeewulf said:

Usual paper talk, doubt very much they have any real info to support that article.

His appalling record as a manager at villa should be enough alone to see him shown the door besides his body language and the fact he's tactically inept and seems to have no influence over the players he picks - an experiment which has clearly backfired although no doubt remi is a decent honorable man 

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

15 minutes ago, Perth Villan said:

If Hollis was really serious about getting the club back on track, he would sack RG and appoint Pearson until the end of the season with a view that Pearson could either stay or leave when we are relegated. That way we can see his intentions in the final few games left. We need to make the decision now and not leave it till the last bloody minute as per usual. For once I would like us to appoint someone who will stand up to the useless wankers we call a team. Some of you may not like Pearson but I think he would at least get something out of some of them. Admittedly, most of them are pretty crap, but I think one or two could become good championship players with the correct coach/manager. Also, I think Pearson could attract some quality championship players to VP.

I'd be happy if this happened.

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

Walsall changed bosses about the same time as us but have not hesitated to admit they got it wrong even though still in top 4 - over to you Hollis ! 

CLUB STATEMENT | Walsall FC have parted company with Head Coach Sean O'Driscoll... bit.ly/1UJXPxo

2q9w86r.png35db988.png

6 hours ago, villagaz711 said:

Is hollis the only person that's not seeing what we do? Make the changes now irrespective of the cost. Let's at least have a go. I would rather us go down knowing that the last 9 games we gave everything as appose to rolling over for teams. I like Garde and feel really sorry for him but it's just the wrong time for him. Moyes, Pearson, Rodgers have all experience off the championship with the exception of Moyes who if I'm right have never won promotion in he championship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatal

6 hours ago, Eastie said:

The gamble on remi garde has proved another massive mistake - media seem full of sources close to him suggesting he will leave at the end of the season - next appointment must be right - looking like moyes is maybe Newcastle bound - Pearson for all his faults is a tough no nonsense type who got Leicester promoted and assembled most of their table topping side on a relatively low budget - I'd have him.

of course he would need to given far more control than previous managers and changes are needed above.

Agree with both the above, though I fear that the way this club is run at the top Remi will stay until Newcastle appoint Pearson. Then Hollis will announce the appointment of ex England manager Steve  McClaren. Just when I thought things couldn't get worse.

Archived