FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The Rémi Garde Thread

avstu

The good thing about Garde is he's already going to know a fair bit about our new French signings, so hopefully will have them playing to their strengths virtually straight away.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reports in France say his contract is until the summer, with an option of a further two years.

English media say 3 and half years. After the summer, I think I believe the reports from across the pond.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Like a few others on here, I was hoping for Moyes. But we don't always get what we want. Lets hope that Remi Garde picks players that deserve to play and not ones who play because they have been there a long time. I just hope that he can get Gil and Grealish to work in a way that gives us some creativity. I also hope that Kozak gets an opportunity because I think that he has been treated like sh*t. Good luck Remi. I hope you can bring back the good times to Villa park. UTV   

image.jpg

A warm welcome in advance to Mr Garde.

I do genuinely believe he has the players at his disposal to make a fist of it.

Can he save us?

The million dollar question which Mr Lerner will be having financial nightmares about from now until the end of the season.

How ironic would it be if we went down, this season of all seasons, after all of his penny pinching the last few years.

How many French players do we have in the squad and how many generally play in the first team at the same time?

I mention this because Garde's appointment may not mean a dramatic change in our fortune due to him being of French nationality.

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

How many French players do we have in the squad and how many generally play in the first team at the same time?

I mention this because Garde's appointment may not mean a dramatic change in our fortune due to him being of French nationality.

I agree mate, many will be thinking that he has come in to save us, well it has taken us 5 or 6 years to get this low, don't expect miracles overnight.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

13 hours ago, avstu said:

Why is he a rookie? Because you dont know nothing about him?

You seem to think I was insulting him, he is a rookie because he only has 3 years as a manager under his belt at one club and because of that people can do all the research they want but it doesn't change the fact he is a largely unknown quantity.

I know very little about him and on the face of it finishes of 3rd 4th and 5th with Lyon looks impressive, but how many on here realise that Lyon have been champions of France 7 times so far this century, would somebody taking over UTD and finishing 3rd 4th and 5th be hailed as a genius ? I very much doubt it.

I am not having a go at Garde, I don't know the details of Lyons fall from grace and as none of us really follow French football all we have to go by is the opinions of others in the media and statistics.

Welcome to Villa Park Remi and I hope you are as good as many seem to think.

Archived