FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Relegation Thread!

lukedaw

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether we like it or not, we are in a relegation battle.

Relegation battle in September? SMH....

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

This thread had to be opened, and in reality it could have been opened a few weeks ago.

During the summer I was attacked on this forum for suggesting Sherwood didn't know what he was doing and then again for saying that I had money on him being sacked before the season was over. My opinions on Sherwood have mellowed and then hardened again over the past month or so as he's proven over and over again he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

You can argue all you want that he's essentially learning on the job but the simple fact is he isn't learning. So far this season the team haven't put in a single 90 minute performance, they've managed 45 minute or sometimes only 30 minutes but nothing close to a full match. This doesn't bode well for the rest of the season and IMO our only chance of survival, even at this stage in the season is getting a competent manager in. This isn't the time for fans to stick our heads in the sand and pretend everything will be all right, it took months to get rid of Lambert last season and we can't afford that to happen again especially as performances are even worse this year.

its much too early to talk of relegation.

we do have a new team and a new (inexperienced) manager.

but we are showing relegation FORM.

i get the feeling this season is a dress rehearsal for next season.

but there is a real danger we may not be in the prem next season.

we are giving away too many games.

6 Matches into a new season with an nearly an entire squad overhauled with a new manager at the helm. What were people expecting we'd be in Europe spots or something?

In light of Sherwood's comments in March and after spending 50+m did you expect us to be in the bottom three and I've seen no-one stating we should be in Europe.

This thread had to be opened, and in reality it could have been opened a few weeks ago.

During the summer I was attacked on this forum for suggesting Sherwood didn't know what he was doing and then again for saying that I had money on him being sacked before the season was over. My opinions on Sherwood have mellowed and then hardened again over the past month or so as he's proven over and over again he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

You can argue all you want that he's essentially learning on the job but the simple fact is he isn't learning. So far this season the team haven't put in a single 90 minute performance, they've managed 45 minute or sometimes only 30 minutes but nothing close to a full match. This doesn't bode well for the rest of the season and IMO our only chance of survival, even at this stage in the season is getting a competent manager in. This isn't the time for fans to stick our heads in the sand and pretend everything will be all right, it took months to get rid of Lambert last season and we can't afford that to happen again especially as performances are even worse this year.

Good post mate and saying what had to be said. I would add to that if we are still in the bottom three by Christmas then he should be sacked to give a new manager a transfer window to bring in his own players. We still need another forward, a RB, a solid DM and a bad ass CB.

Archived