Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tuco

Players Who Get Greedy

Players who loose that passion for the game but crave the cash big time, Villa have had a few recently not just the players thinking big bucks these agents have a lot to do with things, and they are spoiling the game.

ZeelandCap, Zeeland, United States, 2 days ago

I think Vlaar is a good cautionary tale about listening to a greedy agent too much.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3225157/Freebie-XI-free-transfers-Premier-League-team-snap-season.html#ixzz3lItGMsB9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

A topic about free players, and i thought this was bang on.

Hasn't Vlaar picked up some kind of injury since leaving, hence his failure to get a new club?

He's an overrated player who started to believe his own hype and has suffered for it. As far as I'm concerned it was a good thing he turned down a new deal with us. With the players we've added he wouldn't even get a place on our bench.

Hasn't Vlaar picked up some kind of injury since leaving, hence his failure to get a new club?

He's an overrated player who started to believe his own hype and has suffered for it. As far as I'm concerned it was a good thing he turned down a new deal with us. With the players we've added he wouldn't even get a place on our bench.

Yes mate. Ruled out of action until Xmas. As already stated he will end up back at Feyenoord OR some desperate Prem club come Xmas.

Yes mate. Ruled out of action until Xmas. As already stated he will end up back at Feyenoord OR some desperate Prem Scottish SPL club come Xmas.

:whistle

Agree totally with this mate players listen to their agents too much, but this is no excuse he has his own mind. We dodged a bullet methinks and are better off without players with massive egos like him and snake.

I thought Vlaar was signing for some team in the Prem???

Think it was southampton mate before he got crocked. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at sunderland or Watford, if he can stay fit and pass a medical.

Overrated from the moment he put on a Claret and Blue shirt. I never rated him. Had a few good matches in the World Cup and suddenly he was world class. No surprise he hasn't got a club even when we tried to (supposedly) unload him in January.

I've been hearing rumours about Stoke wanting him?

He'd be a perfect fit there. Then he can help relegated them if he stays fit

He was very clumsy and that's probably one bit of good business that Sherwood had done this summer, by choosing not to extend his contract. Despite our defence still not being perfect, I feel much safer having him out the team than in.