Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avstu

Support

24 posts in this topic

Time for us to get behind our team 100% now.

No more business can be done, so we are stuck with what we have. No point saying what we should of done when things aren't going our way.

We wanted change and my god have we got it. Plenty in and out and a manager who is determined to succeed.

Now we must play our part. It's our turn to pack the stands and get right behind our new lads (and older ones).

Fully agree stu.

The trouble is I can bet you now that the natives will still find plenty to moan about.

Well they will want a few scapegoats. It seems it's the done thing with our fans.

So many go on about our fans being one of the best, time to back them words up. The manager backed up what he said he was going to do. Only right we play our part.

No more business can be done, so we are stuck with what we have. No point saying what we should of done when things aren't going our way.

We wanted change and my god have we got it. Plenty in and out and a manager who is determined to succeed.

Now we must play our part. It's our turn to pack the stands and get right behind our new lads (and older ones).

Good post mate I feel happy with the majority of our business in the window we have strengthened in most departments. The main thing is we have options now in personnel. Sherwood has done well so far and I think most can see what he is trying to do, not just short but long term. I have a good feeling we will be fine even if it is a bumpy road at times this season. The fans will get behind the team but not everyone will be satisfied. People have general concerns about inexperience of players in this league and where the goals will come from? We can only get behind the team as you said it is up to Sherwood to sort these things out.

While I'll support the team fully I still think this season is going to another difficult one and surely a forum like this is the place to discuss it. What's the point in a forum if we don't discuss the problems with the team and mistakes made by the manager? Should we just stick our fingers in our ears and repeat 'la, la, la, la' incessantly while pretending that we've got a great squad, manager and owner who can do no wrong?

Sherwood has done a decent job during the window strengthening defence and midfield but we've still got a really poor keeper and a very dubious attack. These will remain issues until January at least unless some players start to perform like they've never played in their careers. I give the club full support week in week out but I'm realistic enough to see the problems that we face and the reasons for them.

i think what Stu is saying is support the team, yes there will be bad days but dont let it drag you down and dwell on it, take each game as it comes.

we may end up being crap but its our crap WE are AVFC

I think TS has bought well. People keep knocking Guzan for his distribution and positioning (which is dubious) but he is a great shot stopper. To get the type of keeper some people keep going on about will cost big money - (perhaps next transfer period). If Kozak is given a chance I think he will step up and score goals. Midfield looks good and if Micah goes to RB with Lescott stepping into CB I think the backline is sorted. With Traore and Sinclair on the wings we can be a strong team. I can still see a bit of experimenting with Gil and Grealish, but overall I am quite confident that this season we will perform well.

Support the team in the ground, air your opinions on the forum.....simples.

I think TS has bought well. People keep knocking Guzan for his distribution and positioning (which is dubious) but he is a great shot stopper. To get the type of keeper some people keep going on about will cost big money - (perhaps next transfer period). If Kozak is given a chance I think he will step up and score goals. Midfield looks good and if Micah goes to RB with Lescott stepping into CB I think the backline is sorted. With Traore and Sinclair on the wings we can be a strong team. I can still see a bit of experimenting with Gil and Grealish, but overall I am quite confident that this season we will perform well.

Not really the thread for this discussion buy I don't see Lescott and Clark forming a CB partnership, both too left footed. I reckon we might see Ilori (apparently he can play anywhere across the back line) at RB, Richards and Lescott at CB and Amavi at LB. Unfortunately I can only see Clark being dropped.

players come and go ,,,,,,same as managers , only the fans are constant

the signs are there that we could finish top half this season

but if we do struggle again and get relegated it wont be because of the lack of support from the villa fans in the stands

i am sure all the posters on this forum who go to matches will continue to support and back the team in person at matches in any division if the worst happens

and will continue to do so long after the current squad and manager have gone

ps

talking of support , the one group of fans (brigada) who make the most effort to support and back the team during matches

are this season getting, hounded and harrased and told to shut up or get thrown out by AVFC club officials / stewards and the police

in an area of the ground that AVFC have designated as a singing area

somethin a long the lines of this 'support' seems to be said every year regarding fans towards players on the pitch. regardless if its when pardew was at newcastle or lambert at villa. the supporters last as long as about 3 poor results. then its oh we are the laughing stock we bought bad players, no strikers and whose fault is that, lets play point the finger :)

i believe if u are a true fan u dont slate the team on twitter with personnel attacks or even abuse them when u see them leaving the pitch.

if i met delph tomorrow i wouldnt be, U FUKIN SNAKE!! in fact im happy he left as we bought better i feel. good luck to him at city, doubt he will get a game but thats his choice.

forums are different as u are putting out what u feel about the situation/player and criticism goes hand in hand with compliments. one person will say u are great and the other wont.....

Sorry mate i'd call him a judas c**t.

Not because he left but the way he went about it and what he said

this si a perfect example of what i mean by a forum. i say one thing and like urself someone else will say another.

its all opinion man, no need for apology :)

Good post Stu----change was needed and change has sure occoured---there will always be upsets and something to moan about along the way some folk just aint happy if they aint got sommat to whinge about-- but that's life,

as Abe Lincoln so so correctly said "you can,t please all of the people all of the time,

we now have a brand new chapter to enjoy in the history of our great club,-- and after the past 5 years of garbage served up I sure will be fully behind Timbo and the Boyz In Claret and Blue,the club and them need our support as we set off on this new journey- together-sure there will be downs --but there will certainly be ups,---if you can,t get on board ---well fair enough---but that's a real shame,

At root we support Aston Villa, irrespective of the personnel serving it at any one time.

Our gripes are always to do with the personnel, never with the Football Club itself.

Underlying all this is our common cause ... supporting Aston Villa, through thick and thin.

Sadly, we have had too much thin for the past 5 seasons, so let us trust that those bad times are now behind us and we can see Aston Villa go onwards and upwards from now on. finger-x.jpg

This thread is really starting to annoy me. Why shouldn't people say how they feel about the club?

Sherwood has done a decent job rebuilding the squad this summer but the job is far from finished and I for one am far from convinced about his ability as a manager. I'll continue to fully support the club but I have reservations about a few of the signings, Lescott, Gestede and Ayew to name 3, and am really concerned that more concerted efforts weren't made to get a new keeper. The pursuit of Begovic shows Sherwood doesn't trust Guzan but once plan A didn't work out where was plan B?

Every fan would probably do things different to the manager in some way or other, whether it's signings, tactics or substitutions, we don't get to tell the manager or player when they f*ck up, probably a good thing given the rabid abuse often seen on twitter, and that is what forums or for. Giving us an opportunity to vent. With wanting self righteous. unqualified support of the team you take that function away and pretty much turn the forum into a place to have a chat about where you're meeting up for a drink before and after matches and nothing more.

I always support the club and to be honest won't boo the boys if we lose as long as we have been beaten by a better team on the day. If we roll over and don't turn up then I'm sure as hell going to be on their backs about it.

always do

looking forward to my next 3 games

tesco

inbreds

robbing bastards

Totally agree stu. We need to be the 12th Man. Enough of this booing after 5 minutes if we're not 5-0 up.

+1, i would give +2 if i could!!

Well said!

Totally agree stu. We need to be the 12th Man. Enough of this booing after 5 minutes if we're not 5-0 up.

i never heard any booing last saturday when we were loosing 1-0 after 8 minutes

While I'll support the team fully I still think this season is going to another difficult one and surely a forum like this is the place to discuss it. What's the point in a forum if we don't discuss the problems with the team and mistakes made by the manager? Should we just stick our fingers in our ears and repeat 'la, la, la, la' incessantly while pretending that we've got a great squad, manager and owner who can do no wrong?

Sherwood has done a decent job during the window strengthening defence and midfield but we've still got a really poor keeper and a very dubious attack. These will remain issues until January at least unless some players start to perform like they've never played in their careers. I give the club full support week in week out but I'm realistic enough to see the problems that we face and the reasons for them.

You are right mate. And as a website owner. Unhappy people create a more active website!

But this wasn't about what you discuss on websites or social media. It was more about match day. Let's get fully behind the boys. Non of this booing our own player crap.

When it comes to Villa I know me and my brother can be as skeptical as most but as I already said. We asked for change - we have got change. So let's back them changes come a match day!

i never heard any booing last saturday when we were loosing 1-0 after 8 minutes

I've heard a few by where I sit. Often because of a stupid misplaced pass or an attempt missed. Plenty of people,myself included, shout shut up to the idiots

I think the support from the fans so far this season has been brilliant, even in the pre season games theres been a great following

Keep it up :)

UTV