Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Larry-AV

Tiago Ilori

29 posts in this topic

With this fella on board we now have some strength in depth for our back line, competition for places and players looking over their shoulders...can only be a good thing imo

With this fella on board we now have some strength in depth for our back line, competition for places and players looking over their shoulders...can only be a good thing imo

Just need someone who can challenge for Guzan's spot and the backs sorted.

I'm a Sporting fan, just sign here to give an opinion about Ilori.
Even doesn't liking the way he went out from my club, forcing his way out to Liverpool, I think he has an huge potential.
My first impression about him in younger squads of Sporting wasn't the best, he was a bit imature, sometimes during the game he would lose his concentration, maybe because he needed an harder context and that happened when he joined the main squad of Sporting. There he showed that he can become top10 in the world, he's quick (he even beated the speed test of Ronaldo in the academy), he has great strenght even if his appearence doesn't reveal that and his good in the air, he's tall and he can reach any ball with his great power of jump/impulsion. He's very confortable with the ball, always trying to offer a good solution.
Recently he played well at the under-21 tournament and I really think you can make a really great deal with him in the future.
Just have to add this: I never saw him playing as right back or in the midfield but he should play where is good at. (Tottenham is doing the same with Dier and I can't understand why, being good with the ball doesn't mean they have to play in difference pos than central back, technic is a good thing for a central back nowadays).

I'm a Sporting fan, just sign here to give an opinion about Ilori.

Even doesn't liking the way he went out from my club, forcing his way out to Liverpool, I think he has an huge potential.

My first impression about him in younger squads of Sporting wasn't the best, he was a bit imature, sometimes during the game he would lose his concentration, maybe because he needed an harder context and that happened when he joined the main squad of Sporting. There he showed that he can become top10 in the world, he's quick (he even beated the speed test of Ronaldo in the academy), he has great strenght even if his appearence doesn't reveal that and his good in the air, he's tall and he can reach any ball with his great power of jump/impulsion. He's very confortable with the ball, always trying to offer a good solution.

Recently he played well at the under-21 tournament and I really think you can make a really great deal with him in the future.

Just have to add this: I never saw him playing as right back or in the midfield but he should play where is good at. (Tottenham is doing the same with Dier and I can't understand why, being good with the ball doesn't mean they have to play in difference pos than central back, technic is a good thing for a central back nowadays).

Thanks for that, Balakov.

If he fulfills his potential this season, he'd be worth £9 million next summer.