Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AnneMc

Leicester City 3 Aston Villa 2

I like 5 at the back, it sounds really defensive but with bacuna and amarvi bombing it down the wings it can be quite an attacking formation, and leaving 3 CB at the back is good insurance

if we did do that, I'm not sure we would need Sanchez in the starting line up, opting for playmakers instead, something like this..

Guzan

Richards Lescott Clark

Bacuna Amarvi

Westwood Veretout

Traore/Grealish Sinclair

Gestede

With this sort of set up i think Gestede would be suited better up front with both Amarvi and Bacuna being more attacking, whipping balls into the box.

Problem I have with Gestede is he needs to use his head. I've seen him on a few occasions now believe that he can just stand by who he wants and win the ball. He was in Smalling and Dann's pocket in recent games. He MUST learn to pull onto the weaker, smaller defender if he wants to succeed at this level.

Benteke was the same yesterday. In Smallings pocket all day. The one time he gets away from him he scores.

If the big defender pulls out of position with Gestede, that's great - it opens up space. It's something so simple yet so effective.

Just back from two weeks in Gran Canaria roasted but rested and looking forward to watching the game today.

Missed deadline day but we seem to have purchased Lescott but not the extra forward we needed so it might very well be a struggle against a vastly improving Leicester team.

Looks like Sinclair lol play up top.

This 5-3-2 could see both Sinclair and Gestede up top then.

Problem I have with Gestede is he needs to use his head. I've seen him on a few occasions now believe that he can just stand by who he wants and win the ball. He was in Smalling and Dann's pocket in recent games. He MUST learn to pull onto the weaker, smaller defender if he wants to succeed at this level.

Benteke was the same yesterday. In Smallings pocket all day. The one time he gets away from him he scores.

If the big defender pulls out of position with Gestede, that's great - it opens up space. It's something so simple yet so effective.

I agree that Gestede was pretty much useless in the United game, but realistically it's between him and Gabby, I would like to see Gestede start, see how he does and if it isn't working make an early ish second half sub for Kozak (that won't happen though) lol

Thanks Patrick. No sign of young East posting again while I was away?

He asked me to suspend his account for a month so I did it for 28 days so he wouldn't be able to. Did say he would drop me an email if he wanted to come back before.

Villa are 4-1 today to win and 7-1 to win with both teams to score. Are we that bad?

He asked me to suspend his account for a month so I did it for 28 days so he wouldn't be able to. Did say he would drop me an email if he wanted to come back before.

Villa are 4-1 today to win and 7-1 to win with both teams to score. Are we that bad?

Obviously yes

If you listen to the punditsvIt's just that Leicester have made a great start and we have made a steady start.

Beat them today and we will be only 1 point behind them - not so great then are they.

If you listen to the punditsvIt's just that Leicester have made a great start and we have made a steady start.

Beat them today and we will be only 1 point behind them - not so great then are they.

We was worse a few years ago when we went to Liverpool and won 3-1. We was only 3-1 that day.

Thanks avstu.

Thanks Patrick. No sign of young East posting again while I was away?

no but he should be back once he has finished his or her gender reassignment

Come On You Lions,-----be a tough one --but The Boyz can do it!!!

Safe travels to all that's travellng--

Leicester 1 AVFC 2

i trust tim to pick te right players,...but hoping he plays 2 upfront,see this 1 upfront malarkey i hate it