Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Aston Villa 2 - Sunderland 2

I'm hoping Tim doesn't persist with starting Gabby, if he hasn't seen by now he's not the striker we need up front then he is never going to see it....

if TS gets the selections right we should win this one comfortably. if we don't win, I'll be bitterly disappointed and the weekend will be a sh*t one yet again.

If Gabby starts ahead of Sinclair then it'll show, it's all favouritism. From where I see it, Gabby should no longer be wearing Villa jersey anymore. He's past it!

Agree. Surely Sinclair has proven beyond doubt he is the pacy forward that we should be playing as a foil to a target man like Gestede (or Kozak who I thinks been unlucky) and not Gabby. Sinclair has continually banged goals in while Gabby has continually found a way not to. I get the feeling Tim knows that once he drops Gabby he knows his career is well and truly on the downward spiral to over so is giving him every opportunity, I don't agree with it though. Pick the best player and he certainly isn't.

If Gabby starts ahead of Sinclair then it'll show, it's all favouritism. From where I see it, Gabby should no longer be wearing Villa jersey anymore. He's past it!

hope he plays gabby against blues

I think that Gabby should be used as a substitute for the last 30 minutes. As this is a new team, we should use the new players. Gabby needs to be phased out IMO. He is not performing and is no longer the threat he was.

Or the fact that one is being played up front and the other doesn't? I could say if Baker doesn't start ahead of Gabby then its favouritism.

Personally Kozak would start up top for me. I thought his hold up play was brilliant last night when he came on.

Sinclair needs to start. He has a lot more to offer us than I ever thought he would and we need the three points on Saturday.

Going to be on a flight to Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria by the time the game is over for my hols but I hope we can get the three points against Sunderland to kick us on a bit and instill more confidence in the team.

Sinclair needs to start. He has a lot more to offer us than I ever thought he would and we need the three points on Saturday.

I'm not saying he shouldn't start. More the fact he's not a striker

I'm not saying he shouldn't start. More the fact he's not a striker

If we're clutching at straws, id like to see adama given a shot through the middle. would be a better option up front than Sinclair IMO.

If we're clutching at straws, id like to see adama given a shot through the middle. would be a better option up front than Sinclair IMO.

Traore had to go off with an ankle injury last night so not sure he will be fit.

We have a lot of attacking players who are neither one thing or the other in terms of where they play, up front, out wide or in the hole and that troubles me because those type of players are either outstanding and can play anywhere or average and no manager can quite make up his mind what to do with them.

Assuming everyone is fit my team would be the same back five TS has picked so far in the league, Gueye and Sanchez in the middle with Kozak and Sinclair as a front two and Grealish and Traore out wide. I would go with that team for a few games and if we beat Sunderland and try to establish some stability.

Going to be on a flight to Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria by the time the game is over for my hols but I hope we can get the three points against Sunderland to kick us on a bit and instill more confidence in the team.

Been there a few times myself. Not a bad place.

I actually agree with you. Me and my bro had the discussion yesterday. His pure strength would cause a few defenders serious problems.

Hi guys,

My first game of the season on saturday, can not wait!!!

Quick Question:

Are there any pubs or bars near Villa Park which have Skysports, which will be showing the T20 Finals day, Edgbaston, from 11am?

I support Warwickshire and want to watch the game before the Villa but want to watch the cricket near Villa Park/Aston so we can just have a short walk to the ground.....

any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

I'm flying over tonight for this game and if I see Gabby starting I might just walk out and fly home early. Sinclair needs to be in the starting XI and honestly I would pick Libor over Gabby. Give him a proper run out there and see what he can do.

Also what's the new drinking spot this season?