Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avstu

Aston Villa 2 - Sunderland 2

182 posts in this topic

If Gabby starts ahead of Sinclair then it'll show, it's all favouritism. From where I see it, Gabby should no longer be wearing Villa jersey anymore. He's past it!

hope he plays gabby against blues

I think that Gabby should be used as a substitute for the last 30 minutes. As this is a new team, we should use the new players. Gabby needs to be phased out IMO. He is not performing and is no longer the threat he was.

If Gabby starts ahead of Sinclair then it'll show, it's all favouritism. From where I see it, Gabby should no longer be wearing Villa jersey anymore. He's past it!

Or the fact that one is being played up front and the other doesn't? I could say if Baker doesn't start ahead of Gabby then its favouritism.

Personally Kozak would start up top for me. I thought his hold up play was brilliant last night when he came on.

Sinclair needs to start. He has a lot more to offer us than I ever thought he would and we need the three points on Saturday.

Going to be on a flight to Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria by the time the game is over for my hols but I hope we can get the three points against Sunderland to kick us on a bit and instill more confidence in the team.

Sinclair needs to start. He has a lot more to offer us than I ever thought he would and we need the three points on Saturday.

I'm not saying he shouldn't start. More the fact he's not a striker

I'm not saying he shouldn't start. More the fact he's not a striker

If we're clutching at straws, id like to see adama given a shot through the middle. would be a better option up front than Sinclair IMO.

If we're clutching at straws, id like to see adama given a shot through the middle. would be a better option up front than Sinclair IMO.

Traore had to go off with an ankle injury last night so not sure he will be fit.

We have a lot of attacking players who are neither one thing or the other in terms of where they play, up front, out wide or in the hole and that troubles me because those type of players are either outstanding and can play anywhere or average and no manager can quite make up his mind what to do with them.

Assuming everyone is fit my team would be the same back five TS has picked so far in the league, Gueye and Sanchez in the middle with Kozak and Sinclair as a front two and Grealish and Traore out wide. I would go with that team for a few games and if we beat Sunderland and try to establish some stability.

Sinclair showed yesterday his class he has to start against Sunderland and he would be key to get the 3 points against Sunderland

I would also start with Sinclair I think we can win this game I'm going for a 2-1 win for us.

Going to be on a flight to Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria by the time the game is over for my hols but I hope we can get the three points against Sunderland to kick us on a bit and instill more confidence in the team.

Been there a few times myself. Not a bad place.

I actually agree with you. Me and my bro had the discussion yesterday. His pure strength would cause a few defenders serious problems.

Hi guys,

My first game of the season on saturday, can not wait!!!

Quick Question:

Are there any pubs or bars near Villa Park which have Skysports, which will be showing the T20 Finals day, Edgbaston, from 11am?

I support Warwickshire and want to watch the game before the Villa but want to watch the cricket near Villa Park/Aston so we can just have a short walk to the ground.....

any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

I'm flying over tonight for this game and if I see Gabby starting I might just walk out and fly home early. Sinclair needs to be in the starting XI and honestly I would pick Libor over Gabby. Give him a proper run out there and see what he can do.

Also what's the new drinking spot this season?

Hi guys,

Quick Question:

Are there any pubs or bars near Villa Park which have Skysports, which will be showing the T20 Finals day, Edgbaston, from 11am?

I support Warwickshire and want to watch the game before the Villa but want to watch the cricket near Villa Park/Aston so we can just have a short walk to the ground.....

Thanks

the pubs will be showing the lunchtime match between newcastle and arsenal

I'm flying over tonight for this game and if I see Gabby starting I might just walk out and fly home early. Sinclair needs to be in the starting XI and honestly I would pick Libor over Gabby. Give him a proper run out there and see what he can do.

Aston Tavern by the church mate, some of the bar maids are unreal

Hi guys,

Quick Question:

Thanks

Your best bet is to drink in the town centre and find somewhere up there with the cricket on. Then get the train about 2.20/2.30 for around £2.50 into Aston or Witton.

Most pubs around the ground will have the football on.

clinical finisher and great goalscorer jermaine defoe also got a hatrick the other night

and will be a handful on saturday

clinical finisher and great goalscorer jermaine defoe also got a hatrick the other night

and will be a handful on saturday

As he was last year.....oh wait!! Lol

Aston Tavern by the church mate, some of the bar maids are unreal

I might have to have a look lol ;-)

This made me laugh ha. Huge game, I think Sinclair has to start this one with Traore on the opposite wing if fit.

Assuming Traore is not fit Id go:

Guzan

Bacuna-Richards-Clark-Amavi

Sanchez-Westwood

Gil-Grealish

Sinclair-Kozak

4-2-2-2, width from bacuna and amavi with sanchez to sit. Gil and Grealish can wander to create. Sinclair and Kozak both with a much deserved run up top.

Looking forward to this one probably be hungover tomorrow but don't care will be cheering the lads on. I going for a 3-2 to us be an exciting game as both teams looking for the win. Is it a fiver to get in the aston tavern and will the usual suspects from here be in there? Gabby to get the winner if he plays you heard it here first lol

Assuming Traore is not fit Id go:

Guzan

Bacuna-Richards-Clark-Amavi

Sanchez-Westwood

Gil-Grealish

Sinclair-Kozak

4-2-2-2, width from bacuna and amavi with sanchez to sit. Gil and Grealish can wander to create. Sinclair and Kozak both with a much deserved run up top.

No Gueye?