Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Aston Villa 2 - Sunderland 2

defence still needs tightening--Lescott may be the answer,---good to see Gil getting some game time--but Rudy,s footwork is God dam awful!!,

odd goal line clearance for them by Richards--did he forget we had changed ends?

where were folk drinking? have been away all week and missed any new watering hole details-- only Big Jeff mini Big Jeff (Gary) and me at Aston Tavern---nice beer garden outdoor taps open,

anyway its a point --but a game we should to me have won,

EPL, Saturday 29/08/2015 : Aston Villa 2-2 Sunderland

The game today had for me the air of a training match; don't ask me why, it was just my impression.

We started with another giveaway, conceding the free kick that led to Sunderland's opener, although they returned the favour by conceding the penalty, which was well executed by Sinclair. My only gripe about the play was the excess amount of aerial play; keep it on the deck, please. The two goals from open play illustrated the value of keeping it on the deck and both were excellent. For us before half-time from a sweeping team movement, for Sunderland in the second half through a cutting counter-attack. Nevertheless we should have won this game, we had chances enough. Who was it for us who did the goalline clearance for Sunderland in the second half ? ... it happened so fast I cannot think who our player was. Finally, did Gil dive or was it a penalty ? ... very hard to judge from the middle of Trinity.

In any event, I see so purpose or benefit from diving at all and especially when one more touch could result in a goal.

Attendance : 35,399 (AVFC)

Was Richards with the really odd clearance.

Think Gil did go to ground rather too easily but would need to see it again.

Agree Gestede footwork is really bad. He always attempts to do these fancy flick through balls which dont come off.

The changes we need is

Lescott -> Clarke

Austin -> Gestede

Guzan -> Someone

Agree Gestede footwork is really bad. He always attempts to do these fancy flick through balls which dont come off.

The changes we need is

Lescott -> Clarke

Austin -> Gestede

Guzan -> Someone

what did Clark do wrong??

*note the spelling

The changes we need is

Lescott -> Clarke

Austin -> Gestede

Guzan -> Someone

Austin yes, keeper yes but Ckark for Lescott ?

Thought this would be a certain 3 points but proved wrong again.

For the first goal I'm not sure Guzan positioned the wall well at all, could see from the stands there was lots of space between the end man Hutton and the goal, and Guzan was miles away from it, also why did Sherwood only make one substitution ?? in the last 10 minutes we looked tired and out of ideas.

Wish the referee would of grew a back bone and booked Pantilimon earlier for his time wasting tricks, and would love to see a ref be strong enough to show a second yellow for continuously doing it

Thought this would be a certain 3 points but proved wrong again.

For the first goal I'm not sure Guzan positioned the wall well at all, could see from the stands there was lots of space between the end man Hutton and the goal, and Guzan was miles away from it, also why did Sherwood only make one substitution ?? in the last 10 minutes we looked tired and out of ideas.

Wish the referee would of grew a back bone and booked Pantilimon earlier for his time wasting tricks, and would love to see a ref be strong enough to show a second yellow for continuously doing it

I agree mate with the time wasting

Thanks for identifying Sunderland's mystery saviour, folks.

defence still needs tightening--Lescott may be the answer,---good to see Gil getting some game time--but Rudy,s footwork is God dam awful!!,

odd goal line clearance for them by Richards--did he forget we had changed ends?

where were folk drinking? have been away all week and missed any new watering hole details-- only Big Jeff mini Big Jeff (Gary) and me at Aston Tavern---nice beer garden outdoor taps open,

anyway its a point --but a game we should to me have won,,

Was Richards with the really odd clearance.

Think Gil did go to ground rather too easily but would need to see it again.

Have to say that I feel a bit for Clark here. He is getting some unfair criticism, last week he got blamed against Palace, when the player stood next to him and Dann had hold of him so he couldn't jump with Dann.

Have to say that I feel a bit for Clark here. He is getting some unfair criticism, last week he got blamed against Palace, when the player stood next to him and Dann had hold of him so he couldn't jump with Dann.

I think Clark did well again today