182 posts in this topic

villavsunderland.jpg

ASTON VILLA vs SUNDERLAND

Kick-off: 15.00
Saturday 29th August
Villa Park
Premier League

Match chat & predictions.

Really hoping to win this one. Couldn't be an easier fixture but as we all know Villa are the perfect team to when you're out of form

If we lose this one then the rumblings will start again on the terraces. Very important not only the team but the manager as well that we win the game. If not even though early in the season the manager may be made aware of his comments that we wouldn't be struggling again under him?

I hope we put out an attacking team. Personally, I would like to see Kozak get a start up front with Traore and Sinclair on the wings.

I want us to stick to the program and continue Operation team Gel! And expect a win. Similar start to palace but with a plan b this time please

I would also like to see kozak start and see what he can do looked decent in pre season hopefully he can bring it to the premier league

And I think gabby needs to be dropped for a few games should have scored against palace but his finishing is poor

our season starts saturday with a crucial match

if it was played in april it would be a 6 pointer

we've done ok so far ,,,,,,,,good win at bournemouth

and narrowly lost against man u and palace

sunderland look the worst team in the league so far

if we dont beat them the season will more than likely be one long battle against relegation

again

Sunderland look poor, failure to beat them will be an awful result and just get everyone edgy again about what is to come this season.

4th game of the season and IMO already a must win match.

The team needs to start scoring and like others have suggested dropping Gabby would be a help.

Hopefully we can put a few in the next to build confidence.

Very important game both teams will be up for this and more importantly we need to win. Sunderland have been poor I wish this game was a few weeks ago they are slowly getting their confidence back. Funny enough I think gabby has a decent record against these maybe his luck is in if he starts.

Sunderland look poor, failure to beat them will be an awful result and just get everyone edgy again about what is to come this season.

Agree mate no disrespect to sunderland but they are in serious trouble this year, we need to beat teams like this.

Agree mate no disrespect to sunderland but they are in serious trouble this year, we need to beat teams like this.

True, all is not well behind the scenes up there at the minute with talk of Advocat walking and the Chairman berating the players as poor.

True, all is not well behind the scenes up there at the minute with talk of Advocat walking and the Chairman berating the players as poor.

thats the type of talk just before a team does a U-turn.... similar to newcastle last year then all of a sudden they started playing.....

sunderland will pick up points in places they least expect it. it happens with most teams. but our record should stand for itself. the 6-1 was a great day if i do say it myself and that was watching it on the box lol

Play the useless piece of shite than is Gabby, only seems to get geared up when we play these and Albion.

thats the type of talk just before a team does a U-turn.... similar to newcastle last year then all of a sudden they started playing.....

sunderland will pick up points in places they least expect it. it happens with most teams. but our record should stand for itself. the 6-1 was a great day if i do say it myself and that was watching it on the box lol

Hope your right about them picking up points where they LEAST expect it, because VP has got to be the place where any team MOST expects a result :lol:

Hope your right about them picking up points where they LEAST expect it, because VP has got to be the place where any team MOST expects a result :lol:

think over the last cpl of seasons they have been a red and white zebra to our claret and blue lion :)

I'm hoping Tim doesn't persist with starting Gabby, if he hasn't seen by now he's not the striker we need up front then he is never going to see it....

if TS gets the selections right we should win this one comfortably. if we don't win, I'll be bitterly disappointed and the weekend will be a sh*t one yet again.

If Gabby starts ahead of Sinclair then it'll show, it's all favouritism. From where I see it, Gabby should no longer be wearing Villa jersey anymore. He's past it!

Agree. Surely Sinclair has proven beyond doubt he is the pacy forward that we should be playing as a foil to a target man like Gestede (or Kozak who I thinks been unlucky) and not Gabby. Sinclair has continually banged goals in while Gabby has continually found a way not to. I get the feeling Tim knows that once he drops Gabby he knows his career is well and truly on the downward spiral to over so is giving him every opportunity, I don't agree with it though. Pick the best player and he certainly isn't.