Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loyalvillan

The Emergence Of Ciaran Clark

12 posts in this topic

Clark has continued his good form he had before the injury and i am now starting to wonder how good he can actually become??

I am starting to think he could just keep improving and really show the promise he once showed!

your thoughts?

Clark has continued his good form he had before the injury and i am now starting to wonder how good he can actually become??

I am starting to think he could just keep improving and really show the promise he once showed!

your thoughts?

Always liked Clark. Knew he would come good and he's on the back of my shirt again this season. He's another underappreciated grafter and a born leader. He should improve further and I hope to see him succeed in claret and blue (and green) for a long time to come.

Was a big fan when he broke through but seemed to struggle pretty bad alongside different CB's especially Baker imo. i liked him in his DM role as he can play with the ball at his feet. But the last year he has been brilliant for us. I think the next step for him was to take the captaincy but unfortunately i think it may well have been agreed in Richards contract that he was going to be made the captain. Still think he needs a full season of being fit aswel though and maybe try and add a few goals to his game

Was a big fan when he broke through but seemed to struggle pretty bad alongside different CB's especially Baker imo. i liked him in his DM role as he can play with the ball at his feet. But the last year he has been brilliant for us. I think the next step for him was to take the captaincy but unfortunately i think it may well have been agreed in Richards contract that he was going to be made the captain. Still think he needs a full season of being fit aswel though and maybe try and add a few goals to his game

maybe we judged Clark on performances which were affected due to the poor playing style under lambert and him having to cover for Vlaars mistakes??

I like Clark and as Mrs Loyal says he is a player who always trys his best, and his best seems to have gotten much better!

maybe we judged Clark on performances which were affected due to the poor playing style under lambert and him having to cover for Vlaars mistakes??

I like Clark and as Mrs Loyal says he is a player who always trys his best, and his best seems to have gotten much better!

Not sure we can just blame Vlaar tbh. Clark was still learning his trade but he seems to play better in an attacking team rather then sitting back and just trying to defend. He isnt the finished article as i still have doubts about his positional sense but he is still relatively young for a CB

Always liked Clark. Knew he would come good and he's on the back of my shirt again this season. He's another underappreciated grafter and a born leader. He should improve further and I hope to see him succeed in claret and blue (and green) for a long time to come.

What I like about Clark is his competitive attitude. I can see him becoming the first choice CB at Villa Park.

just not quite convinced

bringing me over in small steps

think he will prove me wrong

hope so

Goes to show what a defensive coach can do doesn't it. Imagine if we had one when he broke through.

he's only in his mid 20s so he's still to hit his peak yrs as a CB so he will only get better,aye he does seem to be reliable enough

Hopefully will improve he is one who I want to do well for us in the long term. He seems to enjoy playing with us and working next to an experienced defender like Richards can only improve his game.

This is the problem with bringing in another CB.

Both Richards and Clark have played well there so far. Bring in someone like Lescott and Richards will stay there. Clark will drop to the bench which is a shame

Clarks one of my favourite players, he puts in a shift and he leads by example

I like Clark a lot as a player, he'd always be one of the first names on my team sheet. To be honest, I thought he should have been named team captain instead of Richards. Not knocking Richards by saying that - just think Clark's a bit of a leader and has been at the club a while.