Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avstu

Crystal Palace 2 Aston Villa 1

242 posts in this topic

If we can get any of the 3 fit (grealish,Gil,traore) I think we have a chance of winning this if not a easy win palace

By the sounds of it, Grealish will at least be in the squad this week. Gil isn't too far off either. Good to hear.

For the artificial snobs who think they are too good for a Weatherspoons pub

try this place

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Railway-Telegraph-Thornton-Heath/156772171197685?fref=nf

and have some jerk chicken with rice and peas

jerk-chicken.jpg

You going there mate? You, like myself and others said you didn't like Weatherspoons?

Snob for not liking a place. Haha.

Prediction, made on 18/07/2015 : Crystal Palace 1-2 Aston Villa

Speaking from the bottom of the Prediction League, I hope that is not the 'kiss of death' !

You going there mate? You, like myself and others said you didn't like Weatherspoons?

Snob for not liking a place. Haha.

No Stu ,

sadly I'm not going to palace

And my problem with weatherspoons is the slow service, too many wealthy couples and young families taking too long ordering meals when all I want is a pint of cider.

I certainly wouldn't look down on the people who use these pubs by calling them dregs of society or sh*t people which pretty much summed it up for you

gonna be a very tough game but hopfully Jack and Adama will be fit to tear them apart

I hope we win but can't see it 1-0 Palace.

2839206-keep_hope_alive_.jpg

No Stu ,

sadly I'm not going to palace

And my problem with weatherspoons is the slow service, too many wealthy couples and young families taking too long ordering meals when all I want is a pint of cider.

I certainly wouldn't look down on the people who use these pubs by calling them dregs of society or sh*t people which pretty much summed it up for you

Did it? Where did I say that?

First time I have ever been called a snob haha. Saying that, nothing wrong with wanting the better things in life, don't we all?

FYI, if you really need to know why I dislike them it's because when I work away the lads always end up in them and they are all the same. There is only so many times you can eat the same bang average food. The atmosphere in them are always dull aswell.

I also don't like the Kingstanding pub so maybe I'm a posh snob?

Did it? Where did I say that?

page 2

sh*t beer, sh*t people in the place, just a sh*t place in general lol

Pretty much sums it up for me.

well ak said sh*t people in the place and you said pretty much sums it up for you

i agree with everything you say about weatherspoons apart from saying pretty much sums it up for you when ak47 posted that the people in there are sh*t

anyway maybe we can discuss this another time ,,,,,,,,,,lets focus on the match for now

i will be happy with a point at palace

I'd be happy with 3pts, content with 1pt. We need to pick up points early. Palace are a team we need to get points against

I'd be happy with 3pts, content with 1pt. We need to pick up points early. Palace are a team we need to get points against

of course ,,,,,,3 pts would be brilliant against a much improved palace side with pardew

we matched man u last week and only a quick bit of skill from janusi that tricked richards and a deflection beat us

plus the win at bournemouth looks better now after the way bournemouth played at anfield the other night

with traore and grealish we should create more so yeah you never know ,,,,,,,,we could get a win

like you say ,,,,,,,,,,its a long season ,,,,,,,the more points we get early on ,,,,,,,,the better

last season we got 3 wins and a draw from the first 4 games ,,,(10 points out of 12)

yet only stayed up by the skin of our teeth

I don't think we should under estimate Palace. A win would be very nice.

think the team will look pretty much the same as it did v man utd unless gestede is fit and replaces gabby in the centre or ayew with gabby on the wing....

traore and grealish i dont think are fit enough yet. grealish may come in or even gil but traore apparently isnt match fit yet so will take another week or so before we get to see him in a starting line up. maybe he will get a 20min run out when legs are tired in the palace defense for a game changer

If we cant at least draw with palace, where do we get points from? I'm aiming for a win (at home) and draw away, against what I expected to be the bottom 10 as a rule of thumb. 40 points, with the result against the top ten should get us into 8-10th area. Obviously this wont happen but its a rule of thumb Id like to achieve

Always a tough place to go but I feel we will get something out of this and quite possibly 3 points.

Everyone is raving about Palace but if they hadn't signed Cabeye I'm not sure there would be the same hype around them. Admittedly Cabeye is a fabulous signing and they have some very good players but I don't think we should fear them as much as people are making out.

Managed to get a ticket for this today when I phoned up for my Notts County tickets. Having to pick it from the Palace ticket office so just hoping there are no issues when I get there.

If we were playing them at VP most would demand a win, i don't give a toss if its at their place the game is still played on grass. Sherwood said he only wants winners, well winners don't give a toss where the game is played.

We have looked solid so far which is no mean feat considering all the new players, the longer they train and play together in theory the better we get because familiarity should give us that bit of guile in front of goal we have lacked so far.........1-2 Villa.

But i'll accept a draw, after all it is at their place :whistle

2 spares for this if anybody is interested?

Complete shed of a ground this one, but always seem to enjoy it. Will be a very tough game with the way Palace are set up these days, Tim needs to realise Gabby aint a striker, woeful player on his own, needs a ball winner like Rudy. Think it will be 1-1

Managed to get a ticket for this today when I phoned up for my Notts County tickets. Having to pick it from the Palace ticket office so just hoping there are no issues when I get there.

Should be grand. I have done that at a few grounds for various reasons.

Should be grand. I have done that at a few grounds for various reasons.

Good to hear, thanks Anne. You going to this one?