Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Salifou's agent

Bomb Squad Mk Ii

The revolving door at villa has being in full swing this summer with new signings and departures aplenty. Lambert had his bomb squad albeit it might not have been his idea but Sherwood seems un keen on a few on our players. These players seem most likely to fit in this bracket of no future at villa but is he making the right choice if he decides to push them out the door?

Charles nzogbia: a player with great ability but seldom shows it. A very expensive failure at villa and rightly should be shown the door any takers maybe not.

Alexander tonev: a player whose decision making is atrocious and shooting stevie wonder would be proud of. Not an expensive mistake but hasn't even being given a squad number this season and was loaned to Celtic last which resulted in a racial incident.

Libor kozak: very harsh this one as I think he has done well preseason but if we get another striker his days might be numbered. Not on the bench at bournemouth suggests he might be one to be moved on a real shame if so a loan deal might be in our best intrest if so.

Aly cissoko: loaned out on a season long loan might be the last time we see him in a villa shirt.

Phillipe senderos: started his villa career well but was injured and never seen again one would think he will be moved on but like vlaar would anyone take the chance on him.

Joe cole: talking of injuries mr sicknote himself a player with undoubted talent but has spent the majority of his villa career on the stretcher. A great player but needs to be moved on but another who will sit on his deal.

Gary Gardner: a player we all had high hopes for but is injured again will he ever have a full season fit maybe a loan deal again is the best option for him.

There are probably others and we may be shocked who leaves as it may be unexpected like the snake but long term is the aim it seems.

Sherwood will no doubt have plans for these players and what he will do will depend on alot of factors but most will have to move on. We have moved on a few but I see a few more outgoings before the window ends, but as someone has mentioned in another thread is too many changes a bad thing in a squad or will it improve competition? Change is needed at villa it promises to be swift and decisive as Sherwood rings in the changes is he going too far though too soon?

I agree with all but two.

Kozak has shown some quality I think and provides cover for Gestede. I wouldn't be confident if he left the club as that would leave us with 3 strikers who are not proven goal scorers in the premier league. I know Libor isn't a proven goal scorer either but it's safer to have more strikers imo.

Also not sure what kind of wages Joe Cole is on but he seems like a hard worker and he was never brought it in start every week, he is more of a mentor to the younger players.Shame he's always injured but I don't think he's "sitting on his deal".

Would love to see the back of N'Zogbia and Tonev though

Kozak is not a bomb squad member, Cole only has one year left and at times can do a job but he is very much an impact sub at this stage in his career!

Senderos raised a few eyebrows when signed but performed brilliantly when fit and will be a decent squad play!

Lambert created the bomb squad due to his remit of reducing the wage bill and i personally dont like the term bomb squad! every team has players they want rid of for either footballing reasons of finances!

Sherwood has inherited some players not good enough or not fitting what he wants to do! this is the normal situation when a new manager takes over!

Kozak will be a big player or at least a decent impact player for us this season, adds another dimension to our team when needed!

Joe Cole has played with the U'21s I believe and if he's willing to do that this year with the occasional call up, I'm fine. He's got loads of experience and the kids could learn from him.

Kozak not a bomb squad, just waiting to see if Sherwood rates him.

Dump Tonev and Zog out with the trash. Awful.

Cissokho doesn't fit Sherwood's style, loaning was a great idea. Maybe it generates some interest.

Sell Gardner. Just dont think he'll make it at this level, and seemed to do well in the Championship. Give him the new start that Weimann and Lowton are getting. No future at Villa.

Kozak deserves a chance to prove what he can do.

Senderos is a very good back up.

Joe Cole could be great as a coach for the young blokes. His days as a player are numbered.

Tonev, Cissokho, N'Zogbia can all go.

Just not sure about Gardner. Perhaps give him another year to prove himself.

Don't think there is a bomb squad - players all have the chance to impress - it's down to them whether they take it or not .

Those who don't can go but don't see them being ostracized as under coco the clown.

Kozak is not a bomb squad member, Cole only has one year left and at times can do a job but he is very much an impact sub at this stage in his career!

Senderos raised a few eyebrows when signed but performed brilliantly when fit and will be a decent squad play!

Lambert created the bomb squad due to his remit of reducing the wage bill and i personally dont like the term bomb squad! every team has players they want rid of for either footballing reasons of finances!

Sherwood has inherited some players not good enough or not fitting what he wants to do! this is the normal situation when a new manager takes over!

Kozak will be a big player or at least a decent impact player for us this season, adds another dimension to our team when needed!

I worry for kozak if we sign a new striker though we already have ayew,gabby,gestede and another striker would make 4 and it would be unfair after a good preseason but hopefully he will be a big player for us. Maybe the term bomb squad is not correct and have been harsh on some players,and you are correct let sherwood judge them but some of these players have been a burden on the club financially and playing wise they need to move on.

Don't think there is a bomb squad - players all have the chance to impress - it's down to them whether they take it or not .

Those who don't can go but don't see them being ostracized as under coco the clown.

bomb squad is the wrong term i agree and we have moved on from the lambert era, but some are unwanted and sherwood is finding it hard to shift them but he is being very diplomatic according to this article.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-still-looking-9841881

I worry for kozak if we sign a new striker though we already have ayew,gabby,gestede and another striker would make 4 and it would be unfair after a good preseason but hopefully he will be a big player for us. Maybe the term bomb squad is not correct and have been harsh on some players,and you are correct let sherwood judge them but some of these players have been a burden on the club financially and playing wise they need to move on.

I dont see gabby as being a striker not good enough for me so i believe we need another striker and i think libor should be given a chance and believe he will get it. As for joe cole he asked to play for u21s the other night and played well for a whole 90 minutes there are a few that needs shipping out with maybe 3 more coming in lets just see what sherwood does.

Paper talk, nothing more.

As others have said there are always players that a club isn't bothered about keeping, I think, with the exception of Tonev, that is the case here. Sherwood will probably use them at some stage during the season if they stay, be it a cup match or due to others being injured, but if a decent offers comes in they'll be off.

Joe Cole will be used when fit, the younger lads learn so much off him like Grealish

Kozak i would keep as a sub but seems like Tim is not a fan

The rest can go

As already said all clubs have unwanted players but we are no longer burdened with a huge squad of underperfoming has beens on contracts that no other club is prepared to match, only really N'Zogbia now that fits that catagory.

Kozak i think could yet become a success.

Senderos if fit would be in contention for the 1st team.

Cole probably wont do much but his contract isn't a huge burden.

Cissoko may not have a future here but i don't think we will have any trouble selling him.

Gardner is a crying shame, looks like we will never find out how good he could have been.

Tonev a cheap gamble that didn't pay off.

The revolving door at villa has being in full swing this summer with new signings and departures aplenty. Lambert had his bomb squad albeit it might not have been his idea but Sherwood seems un keen on a few on our players. These players seem most likely to fit in this bracket of no future at villa but is he making the right choice if he decides to push them out the door?

Charles nzogbia: a player with great ability but seldom shows it. A very expensive failure at villa and rightly should be shown the door any takers maybe not.

An absolute wage theif,the cunts at it with all these injuries he would be my 1st out the door when fit he's a decent player but ive never understood the big fee's he went for with newcastle/wigan/villa etc am i missing something

Alexander tonev: a player whose decision making is atrocious and shooting stevie wonder would be proud of. Not an expensive mistake but hasn't even being given a squad number this season and was loaned to Celtic last which resulted in a racial incident.

mediocre player not good enough for villa or celtic ,played twice with celtic n a few sub appearances,guy just wants shoot all the time,as for the racist carry on with shane logan,its a strange one its logans word word against tonev,no witnesses yet he gets a 5match ban from the SFA wtf lol,...he might have done it or might have not NO ONE knows except the 2 players

Libor kozak: very harsh this one as I think he has done well preseason but if we get another striker his days might be numbered. Not on the bench at bournemouth suggests he might be one to be moved on a real shame if so a loan deal might be in our best intrest if so.

unfair to judge this player yet deserves a fair chance

Aly cissoko: loaned out on a season long loan might be the last time we see him in a villa shirt.

cant be that bad,if a team like porto want him on loan they are a good side,so they must see something

Phillipe senderos: started his villa career well but was injured and never seen again one would think he will be moved on but like vlaar would anyone take the chance on him.

i was happy with this signing big lump of a boy an international,played at the top leven with the likes of arsenal & milan,just another one made of glass hopefully he can stay fit as i think he will/can play a part in this villa team

Joe cole: talking of injuries mr sicknote himself a player with undoubted talent but has spent the majority of his villa career on the stretcher. A great player but needs to be moved on but another who will sit on his deal.

i was willing to give him a chance lots of expierence but another one thats made of glass,a hasbeen im afraid....get rid

Gary Gardner: a player we all had high hopes for but is injured again will he ever have a full season fit maybe a loan deal again is the best option for him.

the one player on this list who i least know about,il take your word for it,..a loan deal it is lol

There are probably others and we may be shocked who leaves as it may be unexpected like the snake but long term is the aim it seems.

Sherwood will no doubt have plans for these players and what he will do will depend on alot of factors but most will have to move on. We have moved on a few but I see a few more outgoings before the window ends, but as someone has mentioned in another thread is too many changes a bad thing in a squad or will it improve competition? Change is needed at villa it promises to be swift and decisive as Sherwood rings in the changes is he going too far though too soon?

In the papers today that Richardson, insomnia and Sendy told they are surplus to requirements and to find clubs. But when you read the article is media speculation with rehashed quotes from the past week

I think you wouldn't need to be the fly on the Bodymoor Heath wall to know that those three have a somewhat limited future at the club. Would not be disappointed to see those three go, though Senderos wasn't that bad a performer before he fell out of the picture after his injuries.

Not sure any club will be daft enough to take N'Zogbia sadly. He'll steal a wage of us for another season.

Nzogbia tweeted saying he knew of no rumours and ended it with #lifestyle!! Thats 2.4m down the drain for the coming season!

With Tonev gone thats another waste of wages gone!

Nzogbia tweeted saying he knew of no rumours and ended it with #lifestyle!! Thats 2.4m down the drain for the coming season!

With Tonev gone thats another waste of wages gone!

In the sun, apparently he is in talks for a free transfer to Baniyas

Great news, should free up a space, wages and I can stop worrying about how to spell his name :D