Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Aston Villa 0 Man Utd 1

Amazes me that we still feel the need to have a scapegoat. Gabby didn't offer anything last night - I agree and I won't defend him. However, neither did Ayew who appears to have a similar footballing brain as Gabby, and yet again Sinclair proved himself to be the one trick pony I have been saying he is for some time.

I personally believe Gabby isn't a striker. Play him out wide or not at all. I don't agree with playing players out of position.

Someone said that we offered more when Gestede come on. I couldn't disagree more. It turned into hoof ball and I don't think he won one ball against what so many people call a poor defender in Chris Smalling.

Gabby has lost the yard of pace that made him useful but he worked very hard last night. He cannot lead a line so why does Sherwood persist with this nonsense? Should have been obvious to Sherwood after last week that playing Gabby, Sinclair and Ayew together was pointless.

Did become hoof ball for a spell and was very frustrating to watch.

Gabby has lost the yard of pace that made him useful but he worked very hard last night. He cannot lead a line so why does Sherwood persist with this nonsense? Should have been obvious to Sherwood after last week that playing Gabby, Sinclair and Ayew together was pointless.

Did become hoof ball for a spell and was very frustrating to watch.

Feel the likes of Gil / grealish , traore and a fully match fit gestede will see gabby very much on the sidelines where he deserves to be .

Feel the likes of Gil / grealish , traore and a fully match fit gestede will see gabby very much on the sidelines where he deserves to be .

Quite likely but Gestede should have started last night and been subbed if he really hasn't got ninety minutes in him yet.

Quite likely but Gestede should have started last night and been subbed if he really hasn't got ninety minutes in him yet.

Agreed although someone working with me who is a Blackburn fan says gestede has had a pre season training at Blackburn and should be ready for 90 minutes .

Agreed although someone working with me who is a Blackburn fan says gestede has had a pre season training at Blackburn and should be ready for 90 minutes .

A Blackburn pre-season may be completely different to a Tim Sherwood pre-season.

Don't forget that Grealish played for the u21's a couple of weeks ago too but TS hasn't put him anywhere near the first team just yet.

A Blackburn pre-season may be completely different to a Tim Sherwood pre-season.

Don't forget that Grealish played for the u21's a couple of weeks ago too but TS hasn't put him anywhere near the first team just yet.

Fair comment but he's not going to get match fit playing the odd 30 minutes - gestede is a goal threat in the air at least - the front 3 were too alike and as potent as a stale sausage roll - if gestede wasn't ready then why not Kozak?

Did Jack not pick up a knee injury after that game?

not sure i understand or accept the major negative comments about the game nor the manager, maybe i am a little too understanding and accept change takes time and practice.

I never left VP disappointed (apart from the loss) and i noted our defence looked very good for the most part, Guye looks like he could become a much better player than Delph and Richards was very impressive apart from his one mistake that cost us the goal.

But i guess we all see different things from different angles and thats the reason these forums exist in the first place.

We have a decent starting point and once we get the likes of Grealish and Adama running down the wings whipping crosses in and cutting in to provide the strikers we will grow and get better!

Keep the faith in the Lads and Tim guys.

Progress not perfection

Amazes me that we still feel the need to have a scapegoat. Gabby didn't offer anything last night - I agree and I won't defend him. However, neither did Ayew who appears to have a similar footballing brain as Gabby, and yet again Sinclair proved himself to be the one trick pony I have been saying he is for some time.

I personally believe Gabby isn't a striker. Play him out wide or not at all. I don't agree with playing players out of position.

Someone said that we offered more when Gestede come on. I couldn't disagree more. It turned into hoof ball and I don't think he won one ball against what so many people call a poor defender in Chris Smalling.

Harsh on Ayew who has come to a new country and new team but he showed some decent dribbling skills and created a half chance for himself

Sinclair was very poor the first half but got better in the second

Gabby actually did nothing

not sure i understand or accept the major negative comments about the game nor the manager, maybe i am a little too understanding and accept change takes time and practice.

I never left VP disappointed (apart from the loss) and i noted our defence looked very good for the most part, Guye looks like he could become a much better player than Delph and Richards was very impressive apart from his one mistake that cost us the goal.

But i guess we all see different things from different angles and thats the reason these forums exist in the first place.

We have a decent starting point and once we get the likes of Grealish and Adama running down the wings whipping crosses in and cutting in to provide the strikers we will grow and get better!

Keep the faith in the Lads and Tim guys.

Progress not perfection

I haven't lost faith in the team or Tim, saw some very promising moments from a team that looks like it could go places in the EPL. Just can't for the life of me see why we persist with Gabby every match when he offers ZIP !!

Hopefully with Traore and a fully fit Gestede and Kozak we won't see Gabby wasting our time with him on the pitch anymore.