Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

callum_sleezby

Striking Options

when kozak was at lazio he played second fiddle to klose. its hardly expected that he would get a look in. scored 10 in the europa i think

think kozak came off the bench for us 7 times, started once and scored 4. im not mad on stats but thats what i remember

he scored 8 goals and finished top scorer however you'd still expect him to score at least once in 30 odd games that he played.

he scored 8 goals and finished top scorer however you'd still expect him to score at least once in 30 odd games that he played.

Depends how he was played, I would imagine he may have been playing wider with Klose a one man band striker

Depends how he was played, I would imagine he may have been playing wider with Klose a one man band striker

im not sure any manager would play kozak out wide, doesnt make sense. I still dont think he'll get into double figures.

im not sure any manager would play kozak out wide, doesnt make sense. I still dont think he'll get into double figures.

flick ons for klose?? idk i dont watch lazio..... im sure there is a reason if he was playing that he wasnt scoring, maybe in net lol

You get your best players on the pitch, it's that simple, and if that involves playing a goalscorer wider than he'd normally play so be it! Someone has already said he has a good pass on him, so I think it'd be rude to write him off just yet, he could of been the creator!

I apologise if that's gibberish as I'm a few beers through the night

he scored 10 goals in 30 matches altogether that season according to wiki. 8 in the europa, 2 in the league. doesnt say if he was used coming off the bench or full games....

10 goals at the age of 23-24 and competing for a spot v klose...... that doesnt sound all that bad to me.

defo a CF not to be played out wide imo,...deserves a chance when fully fit,

defo a CF not to be played out wide imo,...deserves a chance when fully fit,

In mist cases yes, as that's his native position, but some managers play a target man out wide, to get the advantage on a smaller, less physical full back. For example, Martinez playing Lukaku on the wing against arsenal, and I think they won that game convincingly, where he destroyed nacho monreal

In mist cases yes, as that's his native position, but some managers play a target man out wide, to get the advantage on a smaller, less physical full back. For example, Martinez playing Lukaku on the wing against arsenal, and I think they won that game convincingly, where he destroyed nacho monreal

funnily enough samaras who is about 6'5,...was better out on the wing than upfront when with celtic

You get your best players on the pitch, it's that simple, and if that involves playing a goalscorer wider than he'd normally play so be it! Someone has already said he has a good pass on him, so I think it'd be rude to write him off just yet, he could of been the creator!

I apologise if that's gibberish as I'm a few beers through the night

I wish it was that simple. not every player can play to the best of his ability in any position.