Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

callum_sleezby

Striking Options

Yes, would be a good game for him but Kozak has staked his claim.

We shall see.

Yes, would be a good game for him but Kozak has staked his claim.

We shall see.

Gestede hasn't really been given time to, and last seasons performances could be argued to make him worth a start?

Gestede hasn't really been given time to, and last seasons performances could be argued to make him worth a start?

Yeah, I am not saying that he shouldn't start.

With so many new players, it's very hard to predict what Sherwood will do. Just have a feeling Kozak will get the nod, with Ayew behind him.

Yeah, I am not saying that he shouldn't start.

With so many new players, it's very hard to predict what Sherwood will do. Just have a feeling Kozak will get the nod, with Ayew behind him.

Do you it see Ayew as more of a wide player?

I was thinking more Kozak/Gestede with Sonclair and Ayew either side

Every team that has faced us in the past knew if they stopped Benteke we were unlikely to score, who do they stop now ? i think we may well score a lot more this season.

Not really but it's entirely possible.

Sinclair and Bacuna, possibly.

I think this is a strong possibility.

Not really but it's entirely possible.

Sinclair and Bacuna, possibly.

Can't see Bacuna shirking RB duties just year, as much as I'd like to see him at RW or even in CM

Every team that has faced us in the past knew if they stopped Benteke we were unlikely to score, who do they stop now ? i think we may well score a lot more this season.

This is another positive that has come this season

Can't see Bacuna shirking RB duties just year, as much as I'd like to see him at RW or even in CM

Maybe not.

Most assuming it'll be 4-3-3 tomorrow.

Maybe not.

Most assuming it'll be 4-3-3 tomorrow.

Heard Gueye quoting Sherwood as saying he wants him to play on the right of a midfield 3 playing a 4-3-3, hard to argue, I'd like to play a 3-5-2 with Bacuna and Amavi as WB's and Clark LCB Bacuna CB and Micah RCB with Veretout Gueye and Sanchez in the middle with Gestede Ayew up top

Heard Gueye quoting Sherwood as saying he wants him to play on the right of a midfield 3 playing a 4-3-3, hard to argue, I'd like to play a 3-5-2 with Bacuna and Amavi as WB's and Clark LCB Bacuna CB and Micah RCB with Veretout Gueye and Sanchez in the middle with Gestede Ayew up top

Yeah, suspect it may be the case, unless he's going to give Cole a chance to roll back the years.

Yeah, suspect it may be the case, unless he's going to give Cole a chance to roll back the years.

I don't think he's got anything left to give unfortunately, please don't dig up my previous optimism from his transfer thread! ;)

if kozak gets in form, the lad was top goal scorer in the europa 3 year ago. either way i think both will get goals but it will depend on how long it takes us to settle. we could be into september before we start to see how this team will gel properly

kozak failed to score a single league goal that season. i dont expect him to get into double figures because he is shite.

kozak failed to score a single league goal that season. i dont expect him to get into double figures because he is shite.

when kozak was at lazio he played second fiddle to klose. its hardly expected that he would get a look in. scored 10 in the europa i think

think kozak came off the bench for us 7 times, started once and scored 4. im not mad on stats but thats what i remember

I think Kozak will be a big player for us this season

Can't argue with that, isn't he about 6ft 4" :-)

One thing I noticed about Kozak is that he is a surprisingly good passer for a player of his size and position,stood out when he was playing with Gabby and Weimann. I just don't want us to throw him right back into the fire after being out for so long.