callum_sleezby

Striking Options

50 posts in this topic

Every team that has faced us in the past knew if they stopped Benteke we were unlikely to score, who do they stop now ? i think we may well score a lot more this season.

Do you it see Ayew as more of a wide player?

I was thinking more Kozak/Gestede with Sonclair and Ayew either side

Not really but it's entirely possible.

Sinclair and Bacuna, possibly.

Do you it see Ayew as more of a wide player?

I was thinking more Kozak/Gestede with Sonclair and Ayew either side

I think this is a strong possibility.

Not really but it's entirely possible.

Sinclair and Bacuna, possibly.

Can't see Bacuna shirking RB duties just year, as much as I'd like to see him at RW or even in CM

Every team that has faced us in the past knew if they stopped Benteke we were unlikely to score, who do they stop now ? i think we may well score a lot more this season.

This is another positive that has come this season

Can't see Bacuna shirking RB duties just year, as much as I'd like to see him at RW or even in CM

Maybe not.

Most assuming it'll be 4-3-3 tomorrow.

Maybe not.

Most assuming it'll be 4-3-3 tomorrow.

Heard Gueye quoting Sherwood as saying he wants him to play on the right of a midfield 3 playing a 4-3-3, hard to argue, I'd like to play a 3-5-2 with Bacuna and Amavi as WB's and Clark LCB Bacuna CB and Micah RCB with Veretout Gueye and Sanchez in the middle with Gestede Ayew up top

Heard Gueye quoting Sherwood as saying he wants him to play on the right of a midfield 3 playing a 4-3-3, hard to argue, I'd like to play a 3-5-2 with Bacuna and Amavi as WB's and Clark LCB Bacuna CB and Micah RCB with Veretout Gueye and Sanchez in the middle with Gestede Ayew up top

Yeah, suspect it may be the case, unless he's going to give Cole a chance to roll back the years.

Yeah, suspect it may be the case, unless he's going to give Cole a chance to roll back the years.

I don't think he's got anything left to give unfortunately, please don't dig up my previous optimism from his transfer thread! ;)

if kozak gets in form, the lad was top goal scorer in the europa 3 year ago. either way i think both will get goals but it will depend on how long it takes us to settle. we could be into september before we start to see how this team will gel properly

kozak failed to score a single league goal that season. i dont expect him to get into double figures because he is shite.

I think Kozak will be a big player for us this season

Loyal i hope your right and he scores a bag full, i'll gladly eat humble pie.

kozak failed to score a single league goal that season. i dont expect him to get into double figures because he is shite.

when kozak was at lazio he played second fiddle to klose. its hardly expected that he would get a look in. scored 10 in the europa i think

think kozak came off the bench for us 7 times, started once and scored 4. im not mad on stats but thats what i remember

Can't argue with that, isn't he about 6ft 4" :-)

One thing I noticed about Kozak is that he is a surprisingly good passer for a player of his size and position,stood out when he was playing with Gabby and Weimann. I just don't want us to throw him right back into the fire after being out for so long.

when kozak was at lazio he played second fiddle to klose. its hardly expected that he would get a look in. scored 10 in the europa i think

think kozak came off the bench for us 7 times, started once and scored 4. im not mad on stats but thats what i remember

he scored 8 goals and finished top scorer however you'd still expect him to score at least once in 30 odd games that he played.

he scored 8 goals and finished top scorer however you'd still expect him to score at least once in 30 odd games that he played.

Depends how he was played, I would imagine he may have been playing wider with Klose a one man band striker

Depends how he was played, I would imagine he may have been playing wider with Klose a one man band striker

im not sure any manager would play kozak out wide, doesnt make sense. I still dont think he'll get into double figures.

im not sure any manager would play kozak out wide, doesnt make sense. I still dont think he'll get into double figures.

flick ons for klose?? idk i dont watch lazio..... im sure there is a reason if he was playing that he wasnt scoring, maybe in net lol

You get your best players on the pitch, it's that simple, and if that involves playing a goalscorer wider than he'd normally play so be it! Someone has already said he has a good pass on him, so I think it'd be rude to write him off just yet, he could of been the creator!

I apologise if that's gibberish as I'm a few beers through the night

he scored 10 goals in 30 matches altogether that season according to wiki. 8 in the europa, 2 in the league. doesnt say if he was used coming off the bench or full games....

10 goals at the age of 23-24 and competing for a spot v klose...... that doesnt sound all that bad to me.

defo a CF not to be played out wide imo,...deserves a chance when fully fit,

defo a CF not to be played out wide imo,...deserves a chance when fully fit,

In mist cases yes, as that's his native position, but some managers play a target man out wide, to get the advantage on a smaller, less physical full back. For example, Martinez playing Lukaku on the wing against arsenal, and I think they won that game convincingly, where he destroyed nacho monreal

In mist cases yes, as that's his native position, but some managers play a target man out wide, to get the advantage on a smaller, less physical full back. For example, Martinez playing Lukaku on the wing against arsenal, and I think they won that game convincingly, where he destroyed nacho monreal

funnily enough samaras who is about 6'5,...was better out on the wing than upfront when with celtic

You get your best players on the pitch, it's that simple, and if that involves playing a goalscorer wider than he'd normally play so be it! Someone has already said he has a good pass on him, so I think it'd be rude to write him off just yet, he could of been the creator!

I apologise if that's gibberish as I'm a few beers through the night

I wish it was that simple. not every player can play to the best of his ability in any position.