Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

callum_sleezby

Striking Options

i know it's being discussed here and there on the forum but id like to start a topic on it.

Are you worried about our current options to play up front enough to think that we need another option bringing in?

We currently have Kozak, Gestede, Ayew, Robinson, Gabby and Rushian Hepburn Murphy and with Scott Sinclair showing he has the ability to score goals, I personally don't think we need another forward, especially considering the likelihood of them being 30+ (Adebayor/Berbatov)

I personally would have full confidence in starting with Gestede or Kozak at Bournemouth playing as the centre of a 3 pronged attack, with Sinclair and Ayew either side of them. Then when you consider if one of them starts we have the other on the bench with Gabby or Robinson to offer a different threat if need be I can't see that we need to worry much about our firepower next season.

I'd be interested to hear what other people think perhaps with slightly less Claret and Blue tints on than I have.

And please don't mention Austin! ;)

this is actually one of the areas im not worried about. i really believe kozak will shine for us.

i be more concerned about our back 4, especially a CB and our captain that looks like hes made out of glass in a difficult tackle

this is actually one of the areas im not worried about. i really believe kozak will shine for us.

i be more concerned about our back 4, especially a CB and our captain that looks like hes made out of glass in a difficult tackle

i would still like another striker in tbh losing beneteke is a sore one

the CB area worries me aswell,...but excited at the same time as these (unknown to me) new signings could be great or at least some of them

Today I'm happy enough with the attacking options but I'm not really sure what formation Sherwood is planning on using so until that is clarified I'll hold my fire, I agree we're ok for a front 3 but if it's 2 up front there isn't anyone I would have confidence in being able to tap a ball in, I'd really love to see the likes Chicitero brought in even if it's only on loan.

i would still like another striker in tbh losing beneteke is a sore one

the CB area worries me aswell,...but excited at the same time as these (unknown to me) new signings could be great or at least some of them

It's good to have strikers but can't see us affording anyone who's going to improve us, I'd rather use money elsewhere

Today I'm happy enough with the attacking options but I'm not really sure what formation Sherwood is planning on using so until that is clarified I'll hold my fire, I agree we're ok for a front 3 but if it's 2 up front there isn't anyone I would have confidence in being able to tap a ball in, I'd really love to see the likes Chicitero brought in even if it's only on loan.

I am sure Gueye was quoted as saying Sherwood bought him in to play as the right mid of a 4-3-3 so if we are planning to play 3 up top I think we have adequate forwards

If Sinclair actually gets game time I think he'll end up our top scorer. I'm worried that ayew won't make the grade, and that gestede may not make the step up either.

i am happy with our striker options, we need to give Kozak a chance and let him shine as i personally think he could be a major player for us this season

For me, I'm currently confident with Kozak and Ayew up front, but the fact remains that we have no players in our club that are proven to score 15+ goals a season. It's a risk no doubt but I hope they show their full potential.

As for goals from midfield, I can definitely see Sinclair and Gil putting some in.

i am happy with our striker options, we need to give Kozak a chance and let him shine as i personally think he could be a major player for us this season

Totally agree. He has proven that he can score and deserves to start first. I am a believer in job sharing and I think that Kozak and Gestede should be interchanged during the season. This will keep them both active and hopefully hungry for the position. Getting another forward would make it even more interesting.

Kozak will score a few goals for us this season but i just dont think he's good enough to be our main hope.

Getsede will come through this year I expect him to score against Bournemouth and I think he'll get 15+ goals, think Sinclair will get into double figures too.

Getsede will come through this year I expect him to score against Bournemouth and I think he'll get 15+ goals, think Sinclair will get into double figures too.

I'm not convinced Gestede will start tomorrow.

I'm not convinced Gestede will start tomorrow.

I think he will, good time to get him some confidence in the PL against a previous Championship side, think he'll bag a goal aswell!

What has been synominous with Sherwood's reign so far is more attacking intent and because of that our new front line will get more service than Benteke ever did. It's important therefore that Kozak and Gestede get off to a flyer and not suffer from a lack of confidence due to missed chances.

Robinson has joined Bristol City on loan.

Big season for him now and we'll be waving goodbye if he doesn't impress.

I agree with Callum, its a good game to start him. I'm 'happy' with what we had for the season. Give them a chance, bit of rotation and see where we are at with the winter window. Let this lot settle down first.

Also agree with CB. I'm good with Richards but want to see another bossy Scandinavian at VP!

I agree with Callum, its a good game to start him. I'm 'happy' with what we had for the season. Give them a chance, bit of rotation and see where we are at with the winter window. Let this lot settle down first.

Also agree with CB. I'm good with Richards but want to see another bossy Scandinavian at VP!

For some reason I see Gestede getting more of a nod over Kozak this season, is it just me?

For some reason I see Gestede getting more of a nod over Kozak this season, is it just me?

if kozak gets in form, the lad was top goal scorer in the europa 3 year ago. either way i think both will get goals but it will depend on how long it takes us to settle. we could be into september before we start to see how this team will gel properly