Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
villagaz711

New Signings

35 posts in this topic

Which of our new signings are you most excited about? i am excited be Rudy Getsede as i think he will surprise some and maybe ecven get to the elusive 20 goal mark and also Jordan Veretout as i think he may be that player from midfield we have been longing for.

i havent a clue i dont know too much about them tbh,excited seeing a lot of new faces & also a wee bit nervous

Clark signing a new contract is a good a signing as any !

Have to agree with B6 on the new contract signed by Clark.

I don't really know enough about most of the signings to be excited or depressed. I might be posting again saturday evening to make a more definite comment after I've seen at least some of them play in a competitive match

Looking forward to seeing Gestede, same as everyone else really don't know enough about the rest of the foreign contingent thats been bought in, Hope Richards excels at captain.

Jordan Veretout once he's settled in. I think he's going to be a good asset in midfield and way in with a few goals also.

i think it is interesting to see us sign our new players on 5 yr deals! is this to lock in the talent so we are not forced to sell in 2 years if they shine??

Amavi for me, long time since there was a good left back at the club, this guy has already proven himself in Ligue 1 at young age.

Clark signing a new contract is a good a signing as any !

Love Clark and so glad he's staying. Think Amavi will be cracking but hope the others are too.

Which of our new signings are you most excited about? i am excited be Rudy Getsede as i think he will surprise some and maybe ecven get to the elusive 20 goal mark and also Jordan Veretout as i think he may be that player from midfield we have been longing for.

I am excited with them all. Clark is brilliant as I was scared he may be let go.

Amavi for me I really like him not just as a player but he seems a great bloke too. Veretout is the one I'm keen to see this season although gestede as well.

For me without doubt, it has to Idrissa Gueye and Jordan Amavi, Micah Richards too if he re-discovers his form, i'm excited about this season and all villa fans should be too, boo to the naysayers, the most important signing was probably made last year, a certain Mr. Tim Sherwood, all the spurs fans i've talked to still want him to be their manager, but he's ours now. Even if we don't start too well give them a chance, Gestede, Ayew, Veretout, these are all good players, not bargain bucket dvds like we've been buying for the last few years, we're finally signing blu-rays that other clubs wanted but sherwood convinced them to come here, progress up the league would be enough for me this season, oh and both cups as well, ya, that'll do.

For me without doubt, it has to Idrissa Gueye and Jordan Amavi, Micah Richards too if he re-discovers his form, i'm excited about this season and all villa fans should be too, boo to the naysayers, the most important signing was probably made last year, a certain Mr. Tim Sherwood, all the spurs fans i've talked to still want him to be their manager, but he's ours now. Even if we don't start too well give them a chance, Gestede, Ayew, Veretout, these are all good players, not bargain bucket dvds like we've been buying for the last few years, we're finally signing blu-rays that other clubs wanted but sherwood convinced them to come here, progress up the league would be enough for me this season, oh and both cups as well, ya, that'll do.

welcome to the site mate

i think it is interesting to see us sign our new players on 5 yr deals! is this to lock in the talent so we are not forced to sell in 2 years if they shine??

first thing id like to pint out if you sing a deal for 5 years that to me shows the abition of the club and obviously they would of sold a vision to them, secondly lets say a major club comes in and bids £40m for amavi after 2 years, would that be a bad investment?

we havent shown any signs as of yet of starving off a relegation fight, and i do hope we have it sorted by easter, but on the other hand if we buy a player for X amout and he's sold for 4x that value is that bad business????

Thank's Dmitri, been a villain since i was 9, said i better finally sign up to a forum, i can't stop the love even though it hurts most seasons, really looking forward to this season though. That picture on your profile, that is quite something.....

Thank's Dmitri, been a villain since i was 9, said i better finally sign up to a forum, i can't stop the love even though it hurts most seasons, really looking forward to this season though. That picture on your profile, that is quite something.....

thank you mate,im a celtic fan but had a soft spot for villa since the 90s under big ron,i signed up on here 4years ago its a good forum btw

thank you mate,im a celtic fan but had a soft spot for villa since the 90s under big ron,i signed up on here 4years ago its a good forum btw

Well, i'm irish so im a celtic fan too, thanks very much for the welcome, i see you were voted most controversial 14/15, did you just make that up yourself or is that for real?

Well, i'm irish so im a celtic fan too, thanks very much for the welcome, i see you were voted most controversial 14/15, did you just make that up yourself or is that for real?

It's for real alright. Get to 1000 posts and you'll get a better idea of why ;) haha

for very good reason!!

we love Dimitri but rest assured he is a very sick little puppy!! 1000 posts and you will find out why! lol

It's for real alright. Get to 1000 posts and you'll get a better idea of why ;) haha

Private is just a synonym for Dimitri

Private is just a synonym for Dimitri

True that. Our Dimitri keeps us entertained

True that. Our Dimitri keeps us entertained

Is that what you call it, i've had to go into therapy after reading one to many of his threads.......and by one to many i mean one.

Is that what you call it, i've had to go into therapy after reading one to many of his threads.......and by one to many i mean one.

Hahaha they do tend to carry an ever lasting memory

tbf i dont think i deserve the most controversial award but hey ho never mind,what part of ireland are ye from weve got posters from newry,belfast,dublin,cork & limerick on here

Only new signing who did not impress me or showed quality was Ayew yesterday, but give him time, i am sure he will get to grips