Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shaunwilding89

Official: Adama Traore Signs

@AVFCOfficial: TRANSFER NEWS: Huge welcome to our new signing Adama Traore, who joins us from @FCBarcelona. #AVFC #WelcomeAdama http://t.co/CSmKLH607a

@John__Percy: Barcelona have insisted on a buy-back option for Adama Traore for the first 3 years of his contract + 1st refusal on any transfer #avfc

How does the buyback option work?

We probably have a set price that they could buy him back for. I'm just guessing at that though.

Barca have it for the first 3 years of his contract then the next 2 years Barca will have first refusal on Traore e.g if Liverpool offer us 30m for Traore, Barca can buy him for that price

Barca have it for the first 3 years of his contract then the next 2 years Barca will have first refusal on Traore e.g if Liverpool offer us 30m for Traore, Barca can buy him for that price

The first refusal bit i understand, its the buy back option i'm a little unclear on.......i think what it is if we try to sell him in the next 3 years Barca could buy him back for a preset amount, even if another club is offering more.

This signing has taken a while and i hope we haven't got him because we have accepted a lower buy back figure, would hate to see us spend 3 years developing a player into a £50 million player only for Barca to come along and take him back for £10m.

Anyway welcome to VP Adama here's to hoping you live up to the hype and if we do get screwed when you leave at least it will mean we have had a very good footballer in the team.