Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shaunwilding89

Official: Adama Traore Signs

I must admit, that I am very excited about Adama Traore. He is technical, strong as an ox and lightning fast with tremendous acceleration. Like a young Gabby, just better.

If he is given chance, he will create havoc. That video above shows quite well what I´m trying to say. Defenders try to take him out of balance, but he just comes through like a steam roller with steroids :bow

Very excited to see what both he and Grealish can do when they come into the Team, both carry real attacking threats in their style of play and will add a new dimension to our game

Tim Sherwood has said about Traore

dont expect too much

he is not the clubs saviour

he is a development project

not in squad tomorow as short of fitness and not up to speed

and he wont feature much this season

Tim Sherwood has said about Traore

dont expect too much

he is not the clubs saviour

he is a development project

not in squad tomorow as short of fitness and not up to speed

and he wont feature much this season

I saw he said all of that except the 'won't feature much this season'. Where you read this?

I saw he said all of that except the 'won't feature much this season'. Where you read this?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-cautious-over-9890963

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/sherwood-traore-not-aston-villas-saviour

However, Sherwood has looked to dampen those expectations by labelling Traore as a "development project" and suggesting he may not feature much in 2015-16.

sorry it says may not ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and not wont

I think this could be a clever rouse by TS so the lad doesn't feel the weight of the worlds expectations on his shoulders and stops the media hyping him up I feel he will get game time but be bedded in rather than thrown in from the start of every game have every faith in Tim to mould develop and get the potential out of this player.

I think this could be a clever rouse by TS so the lad doesn't feel the weight of the worlds expectations on his shoulders and stops the media hyping him up I feel he will get game time but be bedded in rather than thrown in from the start of every game have every faith in Tim to mould develop and get the potential out of this player.

agreed, No way we are signing him to sit on the bench! maybe he will be bedded in slowly.

and Tim never was quoted saying we wont play him much or that he might not be played much!

that was the reporters thoughts!

Agree it's a ruse. Just calming down expectations.

When we signed The Snake back in 2008, he was 19, like Adama. He had the pressure of a big fee on him at a similarly young age, got a load of hype and it probably took him five years to justify that and become the kind of player we expected. For a long time people didn't fancy Delph as a player at all because of the shortfall in what he delivered opposed to our expectations when he signed. Now, I don't see it taking this guy that long to answer the hype but it shows the perils of getting too much of a juggernaut of hype behind a player.

Perhaps Traore is putting too much pressure on himself. There is no doubt he can play, but he doesn't know the EPL and it may not be as easy for him. On the other hand he may just go ballistic and turn defenders inside out. Looking forward to seeing him play. TS is being very diplomatic.

He will play but Sherwood is dampening expectations in a player who is obviously talented. Maybe troare is setting himself high goals and putting a lot of pressure on himself who knows? Sherwood is being realistic and doesn't want players burning out over the season he is a project but will play a lot of games, something he is probably not used to doing on a regular basis.

He will play but Sherwood is dampening expectations in a player who is obviously talented. Maybe troare is setting himself high goals and putting a lot of pressure on himself who knows? Sherwood is being realistic and doesn't want players burning out over the season he is a project but will play a lot of games, something he is probably not used to doing on a regular basis.

it seems a good piece of man management to me ,,,,,,,,,,,,to take any pressure of the player

The lad looked out of his depth......

Then he showed what he can, he is so quick, makes Tony Daley look slow.

As soon as the others learn to pass him the ball his confidence will grow and he will be our next superstar