Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

admin

Bournemouth 0 Aston Villa 1

Much better 2nd half - gueye impressed me and great header from rudy to win it .

Guzan distribution was truly shocking - must be replaced - good shot stopper but nothing else .

Thought bacuna was poor too .

I'd start Bunn against Man Utd, as we aren't expected to win and lets see what he has in him against a good EPL side. Guzan is a joke at distribution lately ....

Clean sheet back four and keeper must start the same

433 looks right.

A lot of pace in that front three. Maybe hoping Veretout and Westwood can play them in behind.

Hope it works. Doesn't sound like the greatest plan on a small pitch in my opinion. There isn't likely to be too much space in behind so using a big man and putting the ball into the box makes sense to me.

I'm hoping Sherwood proves why I'm not a Premier League manager though.

Not happy with Kozak not involved and why have Bacuna RB when the only decent thing he can do is cross a ball and we have nobody to cross the ball to?

Is there a smug smiley?

It just made sense. Maybe Gestede wasn't fit enough to start and Kozak I'm guessing injured? But it was obviously the only way to play on a small pitch.

I'm glad Ayew went off as it reminded me that he started.

I liked some Gueye's touches and challenges. He looks like he could be a player.

The commentator summed Guzan up, 'another misplaced kick from Guzan'. I don't buy that he keep us in the game in the first half though and I would give him credit when due.

Overall, I'll happily take the three points however they came. Although a bit more pleasing when I called it an hour before kick off ;).

great to start the new season with a new look team with 3 points-- can,t get better than that,

well done Timbo and you Villa Boyzz,

going to toast this tonight---a weekend to celebrate --3 Lions regain The Ashes---and The Claret and Blue Lions, bring us 3 points----that's magic!!

VTID-----

did,nt watch any -but radio implied that Richards did a good job with the armband.

Sky experts pundits got it wholly wrong----Merse and Le Tiss --home win, Phil T and Charlie a draw---keep it up guys!!

Richards and Clark done pretty well imo still need more cover from the DM infront and the goalie behind needs to stop passing the ball back to the opposition

Tim cost us the first half but game changed in the second half and we attacked with a purpose. Rudy Gestede came on and scored a bullet header on his debut. Looks like he can actually play on the floor aswel

Gabby looked alot better in the second half when Bournemouth chased the game and that is the role he should be used in. Ayew was poor but i think that is more to do with the set up

Great win to start the new season, how long can we stay unbeaten? haha

ciaran clark motm. richards neeeds to be subbed. amavi was quality but too many mistakes

overall. it was a shite match. but im so happy we got 3 points. missus said to me, u realise u are normally happy on saturday 10 times a year....

love is blind i guess

Is there a smug smiley?

It just made sense. Maybe Gestede wasn't fit enough to start and Kozak I'm guessing injured? But it was obviously the only way to play on a small pitch.

I'm glad Ayew went off as it reminded me that he started.

I liked some Gueye's touches and challenges. He looks like he could be a player.

The commentator summed Guzan up, 'another misplaced kick from Guzan'. I don't buy that he keep us in the game in the first half though and I would give him credit when due.

Overall, I'll happily take the three points however they came. Although a bit more pleasing when I called it an hour before kick off ;).

Haha great minds think alike yh mate

That quote was in the 89th minute and thought i would put it on here, good that someone else heard it

ciaran clark motm. richards neeeds to be subbed. amavi was quality but too many mistakes

overall. it was a shite match. but im so happy we got 3 points. missus said to me, u realise u are normally happy on saturday 10 times a year....

love is blind i guess

Richards needs to be subbed ? He had a very decent game as did Clark !

I know he came to us to play CB but I'm still thinking when Okore is fit he and Clark should be our CB pairing with Richards to RB. Would give us a complete back 4 of strength.

Gestede, looks a great prospect both (obviously) in the air as well as with the ball at his feet, excited by this one.

3 points to start, you beauty!