admin

Bournemouth 0 Aston Villa 1

345 posts in this topic

As Loyal would probably say, "Trust in TS"

Why trust in him? Performances tailed off last season to such an extent that we finished one place above the trap door and whilst it was a very welcome win yesterday with an iffy performance Sherwood will have to do a lot more to earn my trust.

Why trust in him? Performances tailed off last season to such an extent that we finished one place above the trap door and whilst it was a very welcome win yesterday with an iffy performance Sherwood will have to do a lot more to earn my trust.

Your a hard man to please Morph lol

Regarding Kozak, you can only have so many players on the bench and TS went for his own signing, a player who has played over the past 18 months on a regular basis and as it turned out it wasn't a bad choice.

As for Gabby i've been critical at times his goal return is just not good enough but i always think of something Carragher said about him after he retired, most CBs would rate him in the top 5 of players they don't want to play against. Must be some truth in that because our managers ( and there's been a few ) keep picking him.

Regarding Kozak, you can only have so many players on the bench and TS went for his own signing, a player who has played over the past 18 months on a regular basis and as it turned out it wasn't a bad choice.

As for Gabby i've been critical at times his goal return is just not good enough but i always think of something Carragher said about him after he retired, most CBs would rate him in the top 5 of players they don't want to play against. Must be some truth in that because our managers ( and there's been a few ) keep picking him.

And all of those managers since mon have ended up being sacked :)

Gabby was good under Mon alongside Carew - has done little since to justify a regular place .

And all of those managers since mon have ended up being sacked :)

Gabby was good under Mon alongside Carew - has done little since to justify a regular place .

Personally mate i've never been fully convinced by him just making the point that he must be contributing to the team in ways we don't always appreciate as fans.

Personally mate i've never been fully convinced by him just making the point that he must be contributing to the team in ways we don't always appreciate as fans.

Seems to only be motivated when he feels like it - when Sherwood arrived he started to perform and then slacked off - he's done it for years -I would have ditched him years ago

Thought Richards looked great but constantly had to cover for Bacuna. He also would've scored a header, had Rudy not beaten him to it...lol

Of course your right!!! Sack him for learning by mistakes and not being the new alex fergerson!!!

And to only win 1-0 against the cherries was a disgrace!!

He only secured our epl safety when we were clearly on track for 20th position

Of course your right!!! Sack him for learning by mistakes and not being the new alex fergerson!!!

And to only win 1-0 against the cherries was a disgrace!!

He only secured our epl safety when we were clearly on track for 20th position

i would agree with morph on that too. the football v bournemouth was awful and the team set up didnt look that great either, this is the work of sherwood and well it does beg the question is he learning from mistakes misguided or even just a sh*t manager. ofcourse i cant judge him right now as its early days. the fact we have even spent money in the window is still a WOW factor for me right now.

i also dont think we were defo going to be relegated if we kept PL at the helm either. while it was probs on the cards it defo wasnt certain.

sherwood is unproven. theres no way of us knowing how it will pan out for villa without time. he could be a brilliant manager or mcleish part 2 by the end of the season. he defo doesnt deserve praise just yet though

I think to go away anywhere in the prem and win is a good result, never mind a newly promoted team on the first day.

I also think ( against popular opinion ) that he got the tactics right, he knew it would be a carnival atmosphere and we would likely be under the cosh so he played pacey, fast players that would give them something to think about.

We took everything they could chuck at us in the first half - we never conceded, the second half we got at them more, changed it around slightly and got the winning goal. JOB DONE.

People are moaning - imagine if we had lost.

f*ck it, we've played one game this season, still a few weeks of the transfer window and we've got a new squad and a manager who's keen as mustard. let the roller-coaster begin.

f*ck it, we've played one game this season, still a few weeks of the transfer window and we've got a new squad and a manager who's keen as mustard. let the roller-coaster begin.

That's the spirit chap and don't forget we won that one game and kept a clean sheet.

After the first round of matches, AVFC are 5th in the EPL.

10/08/2015 P W D L F A GD PTS Pos Season
Aston Villa 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 3 5 2015-2016 TS

Let's get back on topic, please.

Use the Sherwood thread to discuss Sherwood.

My post was totally relevant to Sherwood .

This is the Bournemouth match thread.

This is the Bournemouth match thread.

Granted but as above discussion tends to widen debate - and there are some excellent points made .

Don't really think Sherwoods tactics and selections have strayed too far off topic personally .

I think one of the assets of this site is that discussion and debate in thread widens and develops without being overly strict on topic .

Granted but as above discussion tends to widen debate - and there are some excellent points made .

Don't really think Sherwoods tactics and selections have strayed too far off topic personally .

I think one of the assets of this site is that discussion and debate in thread widens and develops without being overly strict on topic .

To a degree but some of this has nothing to do with the Bournemouth thread, hence the polite request.

To a degree but some of this has nothing to do with the Bournemouth thread, hence the polite request.

Fair enough.- my above post referring to Sherwood I actually didn't realise we were in the Bournemouth thread , hence the quick edit :)

Fair enough.- my above post referring to Sherwood I actually didn't realise we were in the Bournemouth thread , hence the quick edit :)

No worries.

LINK