Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morpheus

Official: Joleon Lescott Signs

West Brom have agreed a fee with Manchester United for defender Jonny Evans who is now scheduled to undergo a medical with the Baggies, talkSPORT understands.

The move is likely to trigger Joleon Lescott’s departure from the Hawthorns, who has his heart set on a move closer to home with Albion's Midlands rivals Aston Villa.

It is believed Villa will pay £1m for Lescott, plus add-ons, after Tim Sherwood identified the two-time Premier League winner as his prime defensive transfer target.

Evans has found first-team chances hard to come by this season after Red Devils’ manager Louis van Gaal move Daley Blind to centre-back, and it is believed his former United team-mate - and now Baggies captain - Darren Fletcher convinced the 27-year-old to sign.

United initially quoted £10m for the Northern Irishman back in May but may demand closer to £12m as the transfer window nears its close.

Read more at

http://talksport.com/football/west-brom-agree-fee-man-united-jonny-evans-joleon-lescott-nears-aston-villa-move#cBpbJ8LsezcHqu2z.99

Doesn't Lescott play on the right side? I guess he can be a good mentor to Okore & Richards

Better than Clark and Baker and more consistent than Okore. Good signing this for a couple of seasons and will already be used to playing with Richards.

I wonder will Baker go out on loan if Lescott arrives?

Would be good for a couple of years. Left sided CB to play alongside Richards which will then probably allow Baker to go out on loan

Richards and Lescott are apparently best friends and will bring a winning mentality from his City days. Is very good in the air as we probably know as he has scored a few past us. Watch him score v SHA in the cup :biggrin:

I think lescott is better than Evans albeit he is old for a footballer now. But he's a villa fan, quality from set pieces and loves a goal so it should be decent. And as has already been mentioned he's better than baker!

Better than Clark and Baker and more consistent than Okore. Good signing this for a couple of seasons and will already be used to playing with Richards.

I wonder will Baker go out on loan if Lescott arrives?

I disagree he is better than Clark, Clark is emerging as a fine CB, Lescott is on the downward trend as far as him being a top player

Lescott is better then Clark atm for me. Clark still has a lot to learn and i think Lescott can help him

Lescott is better then Clark atm for me. Clark still has a lot to learn and i think Lescott can help him

i suppose his experience would help us still a poor defender slower than a donkey

i like juleon lescott

he is much better looking than cieran clarke

Could turn out to be the best signing this summer

Like Sinclair he didn't fit in at west brom

Be nice to see him score regularly too from set pieces like he did at Everton

i suppose his experience would help us still a poor defender slower than a donkey

I hope we're not going to be paying too much in wages for his experience. IMO he's always been the defensive weak link in every team he's played, as you say he's slow as hell and his positioning has always been really questionable.

He's a good experianced CB who along with Clark and Richards gives us 3 players more than capable of performing at this level. The jury is still out for me with Baker and Okore.....as for Senderos, is he still alive ?