Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Morpheus

Official: Joleon Lescott Signs

89 posts in this topic

Better than Clark and Baker and more consistent than Okore. Good signing this for a couple of seasons and will already be used to playing with Richards.

I wonder will Baker go out on loan if Lescott arrives?

I disagree he is better than Clark, Clark is emerging as a fine CB, Lescott is on the downward trend as far as him being a top player

Lescott better than Clark? Having a laugh surely.

Lescott is better then Clark atm for me. Clark still has a lot to learn and i think Lescott can help him

Lescott is better then Clark atm for me. Clark still has a lot to learn and i think Lescott can help him

i suppose his experience would help us still a poor defender slower than a donkey

i like juleon lescott

he is much better looking than cieran clarke

Could turn out to be the best signing this summer

Like Sinclair he didn't fit in at west brom

Be nice to see him score regularly too from set pieces like he did at Everton

i suppose his experience would help us still a poor defender slower than a donkey

I hope we're not going to be paying too much in wages for his experience. IMO he's always been the defensive weak link in every team he's played, as you say he's slow as hell and his positioning has always been really questionable.

I think he is exactly the signing we need and I'm sure he will help the younger ones learn their trade.

I think lescott and Clark are on a par, but I do think signing lescott will make Clark a better cb.

He's a good experianced CB who along with Clark and Richards gives us 3 players more than capable of performing at this level. The jury is still out for me with Baker and Okore.....as for Senderos, is he still alive ?

I would like to see this deal completed as he would bring much needed experience to the defence, I'd even be tempted to move Richards to right back.

I would like to see this deal completed as he would bring much needed experience to the defence, I'd even be tempted to move Richards to right back.

I'd agree with moving Richards if Tim pulls this one off but don't think Richards will be playing at right-back. Says he feels too bulky.

I'd agree with moving Richards if Tim pulls this one off but don't think Richards will be playing at right-back. Says he feels too bulky.

I think that playing at centre back was one if the reasons he came here but sometimes you have to take one for the team.

Considering his size he is rapid and looks comfortable on the ball. He seems to have matured and don't seem as rash as he was a few years back.

Lescott and Clark play left sided cb, will be one or the other maybe even the potential for the 3 of them all at cb with Amavi and Bacuna as wing backs in some games

Lescott and Clark play left sided cb, will be one or the other maybe even the potential for the 3 of them all at cb with Amavi and Bacuna as wing backs in some games

This idea of 3 cb and 2 wing backs is what I hope for. Leave Sanchez in front of them and we should be very strong at the back, and leave the front players to run their legs off!

3-5-2. Happy days.

This idea of 3 cb and 2 wing backs is what I hope for. Leave Sanchez in front of them and we should be very strong at the back, and leave the front players to run their legs off!

Only issue with that is where does Traore fit into that system?

Where ever he wants. Lol.

would like richards at rb like a few others mate but think he is staying where he is.

Where ever he wants. Lol.

Haha im all for that

yeah i hope this deal goes through too

and i would put c c c c ciaran clarke on the bench

.............guzan.............

...richards, lescott, Clark...

Bacuna.......sanchez.......amavi

.Traore, Westwood/Grealish, Gil

..........sinclair/gestede........

Hows that look?

Hows that look?

Think that team would get destroyed lol

Hows that look?

Brilliant mate

with 13 players we would beat any team of 11

Brilliant mate

with 13 players we would beat any team of 11

I do agree we would have a better chance of dominating the league with 13! I'll bite a little...the / is an either player :P