Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morpheus

Official: Joleon Lescott Signs

He'll be suitable cover for now, a boyhood villa fan, so should so a bit of passion and as he is a defender playing in position with experience, may help organise the back. I don't think Richards has got the organization skills down yet! Plus he's going to be cheap!!!

He'll be suitable cover for now, a boyhood villa fan, so should so a bit of passion and as he is a defender playing in position with experience, may help organise the back. I don't think Richards has got the organization skills down yet! Plus he's going to be cheap!!!

Sorry but Lescott never had any organisation skills, through his career he's relied on better players playing beside him telling him what to do. we don''t have a really experienced and stable player to partner him with so it would be completely pointless to sign him, he'd be a bigger liability than Vlaar

and Guzan combined.

I think my wife who's an Albion fan saying that getting rid of him would be a good thing says it all really

Most of my experience of him, was at the wolves (best mate is a dog head). Lescott was the main defensive figure there and did really well. I accept he has played more as a team player with Everton and city, but he has it in him. And I do accept I ain't kept up with him at wba.

If he came, I assume he would want to play for his boyhood team. He does have PL experience and is only a stop gap whilst others gel and get some exposure/injury cover.

I fancy trying 3 cb's with Richards, lescott and Clark. Couple of wing backs and a dm. Then a diamond of attack midfielder, couple of wingers and a target man. Leaves alot of space in the middle and I think that would suit a dribbling and tipy tapy style of play.

But that's my opinion, see what happens

Clark and Richards as the first choice, Okore and Baker with one other as back up players.

Lescott will want way too much money to consider him a viable option as back up

Clark and Richards as the first choice, Okore and Baker with one other as back up players.

Lescott will want way too much money to consider him a viable option as back up

I agree with all of that, the 'one other' to be Senderos, so there is no need for any more centre-backs.

I agree with all of that, the 'one other' to be Senderos, so there is no need for any more centre-backs.

seems Senderos is on his way out if rumours are to be believed!

I read and posted the SSN article which mentioned Senderos in the 'Transfers' thread yesterday, Loyal.

Of the three players mentioned in the article below, fingers crossed NZogbia will be on his bike.

Skysports - Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood to trim squad

Richardson and Senderos are the other players mentioned, I think they are useful squad players, especially Senderos, so I am not itching to see either go.

seems Senderos is on his way out if rumours are to be believed!

Sorry but Lescott never had any organisation skills, through his career he's relied on better players playing beside him telling him what to do. we don''t have a really experienced and stable player to partner him with so it would be completely pointless to sign him, he'd be a bigger liability than Vlaar

and Guzan combined.

THIS. He's on the way down now too. I'd rather see Clark, Okore and Baker get opportunities than pay a 33yr old Lescott a fat wage to probably do no better than any of those three alongside Richards.

My mate who is an Albion season ticket holder has said he is there best cb and would be gutted if they lose him. Says you cant tell the difference between a cb and a prem league cb with him.

Would be happy with this and expect this to happen for us

My mate who is an Albion season ticket holder has said he is there best cb and would be gutted if they lose him. Says you cant tell the difference between a cb and a prem league cb with him.

Would be happy with this and expect this to happen for us

hope so ,, we could do with a villa fan at the back for the blues match

mind you we already have richards

hope so ,, we could do with a villa fan at the back for the blues match

To right mate

according to this

a deal has been agreed for villa to buy lescott for 2 million

but it wont go through until they have a replacement

they might get evans from man u

or fazio from spurs ,,,,but that wont go through if they dont let spurs buy berahinio

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2585137/villa-agree-fee-for-joleon-lescott-with-west-brom-sources?