Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Morpheus

Official: Joleon Lescott Signs

89 posts in this topic

I think my wife who's an Albion fan saying that getting rid of him would be a good thing says it all really

Most of my experience of him, was at the wolves (best mate is a dog head). Lescott was the main defensive figure there and did really well. I accept he has played more as a team player with Everton and city, but he has it in him. And I do accept I ain't kept up with him at wba.

If he came, I assume he would want to play for his boyhood team. He does have PL experience and is only a stop gap whilst others gel and get some exposure/injury cover.

I fancy trying 3 cb's with Richards, lescott and Clark. Couple of wing backs and a dm. Then a diamond of attack midfielder, couple of wingers and a target man. Leaves alot of space in the middle and I think that would suit a dribbling and tipy tapy style of play.

But that's my opinion, see what happens

Clark and Richards as the first choice, Okore and Baker with one other as back up players.

Lescott will want way too much money to consider him a viable option as back up

Clark and Richards as the first choice, Okore and Baker with one other as back up players.

Lescott will want way too much money to consider him a viable option as back up

I agree with all of that, the 'one other' to be Senderos, so there is no need for any more centre-backs.

I agree with all of that, the 'one other' to be Senderos, so there is no need for any more centre-backs.

seems Senderos is on his way out if rumours are to be believed!

I read and posted the SSN article which mentioned Senderos in the 'Transfers' thread yesterday, Loyal.

Of the three players mentioned in the article below, fingers crossed NZogbia will be on his bike.

Skysports - Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood to trim squad

Richardson and Senderos are the other players mentioned, I think they are useful squad players, especially Senderos, so I am not itching to see either go.

seems Senderos is on his way out if rumours are to be believed!

Sorry but Lescott never had any organisation skills, through his career he's relied on better players playing beside him telling him what to do. we don''t have a really experienced and stable player to partner him with so it would be completely pointless to sign him, he'd be a bigger liability than Vlaar

and Guzan combined.

THIS. He's on the way down now too. I'd rather see Clark, Okore and Baker get opportunities than pay a 33yr old Lescott a fat wage to probably do no better than any of those three alongside Richards.

From what I've seen tonight I think there's a place for him in the squad. He's gotta be a better CB than Sanchez for crying out loud

My mate who is an Albion season ticket holder has said he is there best cb and would be gutted if they lose him. Says you cant tell the difference between a cb and a prem league cb with him.

Would be happy with this and expect this to happen for us

My mate who is an Albion season ticket holder has said he is there best cb and would be gutted if they lose him. Says you cant tell the difference between a cb and a prem league cb with him.

Would be happy with this and expect this to happen for us

hope so ,, we could do with a villa fan at the back for the blues match

mind you we already have richards

Edited by Patrick

hope so ,, we could do with a villa fan at the back for the blues match

To right mate

I really don't want Lescott. I would prefer Van Dijk from Celtic. Why aren't we going for him?

according to this

a deal has been agreed for villa to buy lescott for 2 million

but it wont go through until they have a replacement

they might get evans from man u

or fazio from spurs ,,,,but that wont go through if they dont let spurs buy berahinio

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2585137/villa-agree-fee-for-joleon-lescott-with-west-brom-sources?

West Brom have agreed a fee with Manchester United for defender Jonny Evans who is now scheduled to undergo a medical with the Baggies, talkSPORT understands.

The move is likely to trigger Joleon Lescott’s departure from the Hawthorns, who has his heart set on a move closer to home with Albion's Midlands rivals Aston Villa.

It is believed Villa will pay £1m for Lescott, plus add-ons, after Tim Sherwood identified the two-time Premier League winner as his prime defensive transfer target.

Evans has found first-team chances hard to come by this season after Red Devils’ manager Louis van Gaal move Daley Blind to centre-back, and it is believed his former United team-mate - and now Baggies captain - Darren Fletcher convinced the 27-year-old to sign.

United initially quoted £10m for the Northern Irishman back in May but may demand closer to £12m as the transfer window nears its close.

Read more at

http://talksport.com/football/west-brom-agree-fee-man-united-jonny-evans-joleon-lescott-nears-aston-villa-move#cBpbJ8LsezcHqu2z.99

I would like it if we signed him another experienced defender is what we need.

Doesn't Lescott play on the right side? I guess he can be a good mentor to Okore & Richards

Better than Clark and Baker and more consistent than Okore. Good signing this for a couple of seasons and will already be used to playing with Richards.

I wonder will Baker go out on loan if Lescott arrives?

Would be good for a couple of years. Left sided CB to play alongside Richards which will then probably allow Baker to go out on loan

Richards and Lescott are apparently best friends and will bring a winning mentality from his City days. Is very good in the air as we probably know as he has scored a few past us. Watch him score v SHA in the cup :biggrin:

I think lescott is better than Evans albeit he is old for a footballer now. But he's a villa fan, quality from set pieces and loves a goal so it should be decent. And as has already been mentioned he's better than baker!

Really not sure about this, but i will trust in Sherwood and his judgment