Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

admin

Wolves 2 Aston Villa 2

admin    14

wolverhampton-wanderers-fc-hd-logo.png?w

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa

Molineux Stadium

Tuesday 28th July 2015

Kick-off: 19.45

Match chat & predictions here.

Tuco    14

I like the wolves always have, honest little club.

Villa to win 2 - 0 hopefully.

I like the wolves always have, honest little club.

Villa to win 2 - 0 hopefully.

yeah when they had mick mcarthy there i use to have a soft spot for them too. hes always trying to get irish players in on his teams, even now with the likes of daryl murphy was top scorer in the championship for ipswich last season.

i guess i liked mick and not really wolves now come to think of it lol

• Upvote 1

Larry-AV    83

I have liked Wolverhampton Wanderers since the 4th match I attended :

1964/1965 : 27/03/1965 : Tottenham Hotspur 7 - 4 Wolverhampton Wanderers : Div 1 : 4

An 11 goal thriller, cannot complain about that, although Wolves were relegated that Season (the Dummies went down too, bottom). Wolves returned to Division One in 1966-1967 (replacing us !).

Patrick    170

yeah i dont mind wolves ,,,,,,,had some good away days there over the years

down the subway and all that

i remember going in 75 when i was 15

a night match and might even have been a friendly

villa took at least 25 or 30 thousand all packed behind the goal in a massive stand called the south stand or south bank

Eastie    128

Great old club wolves - they were top Midlands league club when I was a kid and had the likes of wagstaffe, dougan , Richards , hibbit, Munro, Parkin , parkes etc and won a couple of league cups in the time .

• Upvote 1

Patrick    170

Great old club wolves - they were top Midlands league club when I was a kid and had the likes of wagstaffe, dougan , Richards , hibbit, Munro, Parkin , parkes etc and won a couple of league cups in the time .

not much has changed over the years

36 years ago we had the best centre forward in the country in Andy Gray and sold him to wolves for a record transfer fee at the time of one and a half million

talking of loans

on our last visit to wolves on loan robbie keane scored twice ,,,,,,,those goals probably kept us up

and carl henry got sent off for kicking marc albrighton ,,,,,,,,,,,,,great day

merseyvilla    3

Used to always play at home on the same day as the Villa. Known a few Wolves fans in my time and they are not obsessed with us like the Albion or Blues. In my lifetime they were never the biggest club around and definitely in the 70's suffered some small crowds.

As to this week's game wouldn't surprise me or really worry me if they did beat the Villa. We are not at our best playing at their patch.

Eastie    128

Used to always play at home on the same day as the Villa. Known a few Wolves fans in my time and they are not obsessed with us like the Albion or Blues. In my lifetime they were never the biggest club around and definitely in the 70's suffered some small crowds.

As to this week's game wouldn't surprise me or really worry me if they did beat the Villa. We are not at our best playing at their patch.

Finished 4th and 5th in the top division in the early 70s under Bill mcgarry and had a cracking team .

Not the biggest support but highest places Midlands team at that time .

B6!    631

Finished 4th and 5th in the top division in the early 70s under Bill mcgarry and had a cracking team .

I've got a few wolves mates, been with them to many a wolves games on the lash

Eastie    128

Talking of derbies just watched the one on demand with blues where Dublin did savage - what an atmosphere that night - was toxic !

Patrick    170

Talking of derbies just watched the one on demand with blues where Dublin did savage - what an atmosphere that night - was toxic !

horrible night

Eastie    128

horrible night

Indeed it was Patrick , even worse than the return at their place when enckelnan let the throw in past him.