Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Emmanuel Adebayor

He's past it and proved that he can't be arsed to play as the last transfer window showed. So I hope we stay WELL CLEAR !!

Not sure he's past it - he can still put chances away but his attitude would me my worry - he seems to play only when in the mood for it .

We already have players like that here .

Adebayor should have been hungry to play but seems money matters more .

There may be other options in January' that suit better

I'm not too worried , we need results and to cut the stupid goals we give away but there are encouraging signs and we are creating chances.

The team will get better as they gel more and results will come in my opinion .

Far happier with Sherwood than I was with Lambert .

The he last 2 games we have chucked away with shocking defending and mistakes .

Sherwood does however need to wise up with his subs.

Most of that I agree with mate but I still feel that Adebayor would not be the type of influence we would need in the dressing room especially if things go pear shaped.

Would rather have Austin who would give his all for the shirt on and off the pitch. We might be able to nab Austin for a cheaper price in January with his contract running down?

Most of that I agree with mate but I still feel that Adebayor would not be the type of influence we would need in the dressing room especially if things go pear shaped.

Would rather have Austin who would give his all for the shirt on and off the pitch. We might be able to nab Austin for a cheaper price in January with his contract running down?

I'm not convinced Austin is the answer either - would like to see Kozak get a fair chance and a run of games , it's not as if our strikers are undroppable .

I wanted adebayor in the summer but clearly he had the chance to play here or at West Ham and put money first - don't think I'd be too keen now - could be another nzogbia.

I'm not convinced Austin is the answer either - would like to see Kozak get a fair chance and a run of games , it's not as if our strikers are undroppable .

But he's still knocking them in at QPR and scored yesterday again. Whoever we bring in there's going to be be a certain amount of risk with it but he has scored a bagful in the Premiership already. How much do you think Jordan Rhodes would cost (scored two yesterday) who hasn't proven it in the Premiership?

Personally if we did purchase Austin in January I feel the only way Austin wouldn't start knocking them in for us is the way in which Sherwood would set up the team around him.

Agree that Kozak should be given a chance against Sha and what about young Sellars who did ok in pre- season?

But he's still knocking them in at QPR and scored yesterday again. Whoever we bring in there's going to be be a certain amount of risk with it but he has scored a bagful in the Premiership already. How much do you think Jordan Rhodes would cost (scored two yesterday) who hasn't proven it in the Premiership?

Personally if we did purchase Austin in January I feel the only way Austin wouldn't start knocking them in for us is the way in which Sherwood would set up the team around him.

Agree that Kozak should be given a chance against Sha and what about young Sellars who did ok in pre- season?

Steve Bruce has said his biggest regret is not signing Austin as he failed the medical but yet has played a decent number of games and is still scoring goals with his dodgy knee and the shoulder which keeps popping out

Rhodes imo would cost about 15m and i think there is better value out there

Do you think AK that Austin's price tag will come down in January with his contract running out?

Do you think AK that Austin's price tag will come down in January with his contract running out?

Sorry for answering but yes the price would certainly drop as his contract runs down .

Yes but apparently QPR want to sign him to a new deal on higher wages with a release clause if they dont get promoted and a release clause at 15m

Sorry for answering but yes the price would certainly drop as his contract runs down .

I dont think his price will come down. if he stays fit and keeps scoring they'll be plenty of teams at the bottom of the table wanting his goals. 15m is nothing if he keeps you up.

I dont think his price will come down. if he stays fit and keeps scoring they'll be plenty of teams at the bottom of the table wanting his goals. 15m is nothing if he keeps you up.

I don't think he's going anywhere, he'll stay at QPR till the summer and get a nice fat signing on fee from his new club.

He was quoted in the paper recently as saying he intends to leave on a Bosman and choose where he goes which if the failure to pass medicals is true makes sense. I believe ( and i may be wrong ) that passing a medical is vital for a club to be able to insure a player against future injury which would explain why nobody was prepared to stump up £15m for him. As a free agent i would presume that insurance wouldn't be an issue.

If that is so then we're still going to need a striker in January because at the moment I just can't see us scoring enough to keep us out of trouble.