Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Emmanuel Adebayor

He's scored goals for every team he's played for so why not ?

He's scored goals for every team he's played for so why not ?

Never have I been so against a signing as this one and I will try and be as concise as possible in explaining why.

1. Timothy has continued where Lambert had started in clearing out all the high wage earners who weren't contributing anything. His signings this window have all been young hungry talent or players still with something to prove. The bottom line, hungry. Adebayor now has none of these traits and is a season older from playing under Sherwood while still commanding a wage higher than most at the club.

2. We already have Kozak at the club who has battled his way back from serious injury and hungry to repay the club's faith in him. However with the signing of Adebayor and if he stays fit, Kozak will play far less games now and will be demoted to second choice target man for a player who is known to have a questionable attitude. What does that say to Kozak? Well after battling back from serious injury and chomping at the bit wanting to prove himself the manager doesn't have enough faith in him to do the job. Under the same circumstances that would knock the heart out of anyone.

3. Adebayor is completely devoid of pace and movement so when he plays we will revert to by passing the midfield again and hoofing the ball forward. It's a signing this club has continually made over the years to mercenary footballers looking for one last payday before heading of into the sunset and I thought it would stop under Sherwood. Like Bent his playing style is becoming extinct in the modern game and by signing him we will not move forward.

4. Finally I'm not sure he is going to be the type of influence needed on the young players on the training pitch or indeed in the dressing room particularly if we begin to struggle.

Never have I been so against a signing as this one and I will try and be as concise as possible in explaining why.

1. Timothy has continued where Lambert had started in clearing out all the high wage earners who weren't contributing anything. His signings this window have all been young hungry talent or players still with something to prove. The bottom line, hungry. Adebayor now has none of these traits and is a season older from playing under Sherwood while still commanding a wage higher than most at the club.

2. We already have Kozak at the club who has battled his way back from serious injury and hungry to repay the club's faith in him. However with the signing of Adebayor and if he stays fit, Kozak will play far less games now and will be demoted to second choice target man for a player who is known to have a questionable attitude. What does that say to Kozak? Well after battling back from serious injury and chomping at the bit wanting to prove himself the manager doesn't have enough faith in him to do the job. Under the same circumstances that would knock the heart out of anyone.

3. Adebayor is completely devoid of pace and movement so when he plays we will revert to by passing the midfield again and hoofing the ball forward. It's a signing this club has continually made over the years to mercenary footballers looking for one last payday before heading of into the sunset and I thought it would stop under Sherwood. Like Bent his playing style is becoming extinct in the modern game and by signing him we will not move forward.

4. Finally I'm not sure he is going to be the type of influence needed on the young players on the training pitch or indeed in the dressing room particularly if we begin to struggle.

While to some extent I agree with you, I don't think Sherwood will take any crap from Adebayor. He'll have no issue in benching/dropping him if he doesn't perform.

At first I wasn't sure about this signing but the more I think about it, we really struggled for goals at the start of last season (without benteke!) and say we went on a similar run again, without Adebayor we would have no proven premier league goalscorer. This guy has scored goals everywhere he has been and at the top level, we need a proven goalscorer amongst our ranks!

I doubt whether Kozak will be able to manage a full season, which is understandable given his injury.

This Adebayor loan will give Kozak the time he needs

What about Callum Robinson as understudy to Kozak. Has looked good in pre-season. I thought Sherwood liked to promote youth?

What about Callum Robinson as understudy to Kozak. Has looked good in pre-season. I thought Sherwood liked to promote youth?

Promote youth yes in a balanced side with experience but not rely on youth.

The final piece in the jigsaw

When do you go to turkey mate ? You will be missed - have a really great holiday !

Why does everyone keep banging on about Kozak like he is some sort of saviour.

Haven't seen anyone do that.

When do you go to turkey mate ? You will be missed - have a really great holiday !

next tuesday ,,,,,,,,and you was missed when you was in majorca

You are so sentimental at times smiley-gets-a-big-hug.gif

wasnt me who missed ya :wave

wasnt me who missed ya :wave

Ha - It was you that sent me a pm every day saying how much you missed me you old rascal - are you going for one of 2 weeks ?

That however was when you used to be Connie - I respect the fact you are now a man (allegedly )

Ha - It was you that sent me a pm every day saying how much you missed me you old rascal - are you going for one of 2 weeks ?

That however was when you used to be Connie - I respect the fact you are now a man (allegedly )

alright i missed ya ,,,,,,,,only one week ,,,, now stop asking questions

this is the adaboyor thread

Hoping to get home tomorrow and see him stretching the shirt - an on form fired up adebayor is an asset .

Sherwood knows how to get him playing so let's hope for a good return .